Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carl Coxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lolahotass

Woooooooooowwwzzaaaa:eek:

Got there at 12:15ish... no problems getting in (thanx shelley novak ;) )............ fucking place was PACKED all ready... not sure who opened but he played a nice opening set.... then it was like 1am and Carl Cox comes on... the place just goes in-fucking-sane!!!!!!!!! I haven't danced like that in ages.... at 1:15am he drops SEVEN NATION ARMY and I seriously thought the whole building was going to collapse.. :eek: He dropped the hammer several times throughout the night.... unfortunately I can't track list... but those who were there know what I'm talkin' about;)

People were literally going nuts... we spent a lot of time upstairs just jammin' out.... P.Diddy walks by and steps on my girl ShortyStars foot... :laugh: And then comes Tommy Lee.. dude needs to take a shower and cut off those fucking dreads..ughh

Anyway, to wrap it up... it really sucked that the beach didn't get a 7am license... we did not want to leave at 5am... we had way to much fun... so we get in the car to go to Nerve, but it didn't open until 8am... come back and walk next door to the mirador and hop in their jacuzzi... we met 3 guys who took us out on their boat until 1:30pm.... 4 hours of sleep later and a nice deep red suntan.. I'M READY TO PARTY AGAIN.........ok not really, but hey its WMC damn it!:D

Carl Cox needs to bring his ass back down.... I was really blown away with his vibe and set - he totally owned Crobar last nite;)

Hope you all are having fun... I hope to make subliminal sessions later:tongue:

Last night was my first time hearing Carl Cox live and I couldn't believe it. He banged it all night. I wasn't prepared for how hard it was throughout the whole set. That system sounded amazing last night.

That opener was real good too! anyone know who it was? Everyone I asked told me it was Carl Cox, I would say that it wasn't and people would look at me like I was crazy. Some guy told me I didn't know "what the fuck I was talking about" when I told him that it wasn't Carl Cox, that Cox is a black guy!

My group had no problems getting in at 12 ish (we bought tix ahead of time) . I know a bunch of other people who went later and paid $80 each. I had 2 other friends who paid $50 not to wait outside (i think to that shelly dude) then $50 each for admission!

Originally posted by lolahotass

He dropped the hammer several times throughout the night.... unfortunately I can't track list... but those who were there know what I'm talkin' about;)

Yeah I'm in your same boat w/the track listing...but I know what your talkin' about ;)

He was bangin' the whoooooole entireeeeee timeeeeeeeee!

Originally posted by johnnyr

Last night was my first time hearing Carl Cox live and I couldn't believe it. He banged it all night. I wasn't prepared for how hard it was throughout the whole set. That system sounded amazing last night.

That opener was real good too! anyone know who it was? Everyone I asked told me it was Carl Cox, I would say that it wasn't and people would look at me like I was crazy. Some guy told me I didn't know "what the fuck I was talking about" when I told him that it wasn't Carl Cox, that Cox is a black guy!

Yeahhh baby, he bangedddd it outttttttt :)

According to the website - Mark Lewis opened for Carl.. he did a fine job i might add....

damnn when Coxy took over the decks... it got hard, real fast....

just the way I like it:eek: :eek::laugh:

Cox was fuckin' insane. He is the closest thing to a Rock Superstar a DJ can be.

Opener was Mark Lewis. I'm of the opinion he was rather boring. The difference was obvious the moment Cox mixed in his first track.

Not that I'm hating. I've Mark Lewis play well before. This is just my opinion on his set last Sat.

The house room that night was also awsome.

Imad.

Cox was fuckin' insane. He is the closest thing to a Rock Superstar a DJ can be.

Opener was Mark Lewis. I'm of the opinion he was rather boring. The difference was obvious the moment Cox mixed in his first track.

Not that I'm hating. I've Mark Lewis play well before. This is just my opinion on his set last Sat.

The house room that night was also awsome.

Imad.

Typical amazing set by Coxy! Musically one of the best sets I've heard in a while. Didn't care much for the opener. Actually with the exception of Coxy it really was an annoying experience. The door was a nightmare. The crowd was kinda weak as well. Thanks to Coxy, I was still able to block all that out and still have a good time. Overall, this & Richie Hawtin's set @ Privledge were my favorite sets of the conference....

Originally posted by kfitz73

Typical amazing set by Coxy! Musically one of the best sets I've heard in a while. Didn't care much for the opener. Actually with the exception of Coxy it really was an annoying experience. The door was a nightmare. The crowd was kinda weak as well. Thanks to Coxy, I was still able to block all that out and still have a good time. Overall, this & Richie Hawtin's set @ Privledge were my favorite sets of the conference....

We lucked out, no problem whatsoever at the door...

I thought the crowd was rather crazy.. people jumping around, etc..... :eek:

Originally posted by lolahotass

We lucked out, no problem whatsoever at the door...

I thought the crowd was rather crazy.. people jumping around, etc..... :eek:

I really didn't have a problem at the door myself, but it was very shady. That guy dressed as a nurse was getting bribed left & right to let people in who didn't have tickets. As a matter of fact there were people WITH tickets who even bribed the guy to let them in faster. I was patient because I got there early and knew it would be a while before Coxy got on... Eventually he just got sick of looking at me and let me in...:laugh: Between Coxy & Morillo, I bet that nurse made a couple of g's easily...

As for the crowd, it was kind of mixed. There were some jumping around having fun but there were others just standing there looking like that was the last place on Earth they wanted to be. I even got asked more than once who was spinning... :confused:

Originally posted by kfitz73

I really didn't have a problem at the door myself, but it was very shady. That guy dressed as a nurse was getting bribed left & right to let people in who didn't have tickets. As a matter of fact there were people WITH tickets who even bribed the guy to let them in faster. I was patient because I got there early and knew it would be a while before Coxy got on... Eventually he just got sick of looking at me and let me in...:laugh: Between Coxy & Morillo, I bet that nurse made a couple of g's easily...

As for the crowd, it was kind of mixed. There were some jumping around having fun but there were others just standing there looking like that was the last place on Earth they wanted to be. I even got asked more than once who was spinning... :confused:

The nurse was Shelley Novak.... he/she cracks me up:laugh: :laugh:

And that % of the crowd that looked unhappy - well they were probably in k-holes and just looked clueless:laugh: