Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Privilege WMC Review "The Little Club that Could"

djdekan

WOW = Sick

Friday and Saturday = Excellent Crowd, Nice House, This coming from a Techno Head.

Sunday = Alls I can Say is AMAZING, Magda PLayed some sick Minimal Tech, Not loud, Got the Crowd moving. Great Warm UP for Richie, complimented him perfectly

- People were so physically drained from dancing around. People were up on the couches, Bars, going Nutz. His set was one of the best I have ever seen, Teasing you with murder was the bass all night, then slowing you down to give you a break Then WHAM at 4:00 WOW The Bass did Murder Us. He was so Amazing that we had No desire to go to Dance with The Zombies and Ballerinas @ Space. Especially when Richie was so cool to contiue the party wherever he could even at my house.

Monday = Tronic Treatment , We Got there at 2:00, Right when Misstress Came, Amazing, Came out Banging then Mixed it up with some funky stuff, Cant wait till the 20th when she returns, Bailey and Varela were good to, different Styles, every Dj played there hour and played smooth from dj to dj.

EVERY DJ in the world, lol was Chilling, Even your God on this Board Tiesto, He was probably there to rip off some tecyhno tunes so he can make them hot and take credit for it. lol

Liebing was chilling, and I asked him about thec lub, he said its great everyone there is really nice, He loves working with us and likes the much smaller feel and intamate feeling. Josh Wink, Picotto, Christian Smith, EVERYONE was have a great time

Tuesday = Crazyness, Got there, got some bottles, chilled Gaetanoe Pariso, warmed it up nice, one or two train wrecks at the beginning. Marco Carola Then came on and Played way different then the last time he was there, much more chill, no need to Blow up lieibng's spot. GREAT track selection.

Then THE Man "Chris Liebing" took the Decks at 3:30, Opened up with some nice chill trancy tech. Then it was on, Remixed everything with his computer, changing bass lines always on beat, dropping the bass for at least a minute, then dropping it back in. ALL NEW Shit unreleased of his. At 4:30, everyone tag teamed on the decks and the mixer, Liebing Came on and Ended with His remix of Seven Army Nation, Every one was once again WOW

Bad Things about WMC at Privilege - WAY to fucking HOt in the main room, and then later way to cold outside, lol. Thats it\

Good Things - Great Sound, Not ear piercing, places to chill and relax, good bar service, The VIBE was amazaing......... Great TUrn OUt everynight, Met some really nice people.

AND Of course The People I work with a Big thanks to Fabio, Domingo, Andres, Ana, Jaun, Coby.........

IN closing................. Saleen " Fuck YOU"""""""" We aint going no where.

Originally posted by steffy27

Why dont you learn what WMC is all about and come chill. Your not 60 yrs old

i will speak slowly....PICK....UP....YOUR....CELL...PHONE....PLEASE.....i had a very interesting convo with the cab driver on the way to Pete's apartment...he kept asking me if i was for or against gay marriage...WTF??!!:laugh:

Damn pete, u had to just rub it in!!!!!:mad: U know i wanted to go, but after state, and our little encore at the cafeteria, i went home and went into the cocoon!!!!;) i even missed my 3 hour marketing management class....

glad it was bumping, i definately gotta check this place out....

everyone listens to techno!!!;)

Hawtin at Privilege .. simply :eek: :eek: :eek:

4am came along and so did the bombs ... OAKISH .. MURDER WAS THE BASS AND BLOOD ANGELS .. and then some unknown record that he had played 3 times during the night great great party and definitely the hilight of my wmc. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you guys got in store post wmc ... definitely hot as a jungle in the mainroom at times but hawtin made it more than worth while.

Originally posted by rcrespo

Hawtin at Privilege .. simply :eek: :eek: :eek:

4am came along and so did the bombs ... OAKISH .. MURDER WAS THE BASS AND BLOOD ANGELS .. and then some unknown record that he had played 3 times during the night great great party and definitely the hilight of my wmc. :)

Privilege kicked ass straight up, the highlight of my conference was hearing Blood Angels at the end of Hawtins set. If I would have stayed home the rest of the week I wouldnt have cared. Best night of conference hands down!

Privilege surprised me and did a great job for conference, lineup was solid everyday, very organized, great door staff, bar prices didnt go up just for WMC like in other clubs. The place was packed every night, but you could still move around. Entry prices were very reasonable considering the talent they had.

THE A/C NEEDS TO BE FIXED, on the dance floor it was working somewhat, but by the back bar it was very smokey, humid, hot. The way people shake their ass in that place it gets hot very fast.

Other highlights: Picotto jumping around on the couches almost breaking his ass during Liebing, tag team for the last half hour between Carola/Liebing/Parisio, Misstress's set Monday for Tronic.

Originally posted by steffy27

Privilege kicked ass straight up, the highlight of my conference was hearing Blood Angels at the end of Hawtins set. If I would have stayed home the rest of the week I wouldnt have cared. Best night of conference hands down!

Yep after that I realized i don't know shit about music once again .. time to burn the records and start over. Roll on Movement/Mutek. Probably one of the best if not the best dj set I've ever heard. Magda set the stage and Hawtin just took us on a ride to a place not many would want to venture without the safety of a friend. Twisted trippyed mindfuck music.

That last record he played was fuckin awesome.

Steffy check out his set on Peel for some haunting hilights from sunday.

www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt and click on the 3/10 show with hawtin its about 20 minutes into the show.

I couldnt agree more. Hawtin and tha whole crew..........magda, aqcuaviva, warner, matt dear, and minx( woooow what a great housey set by minx..........perfect set before acquaviva)

These guys/girls really know there shit. No mainstream. And what a vibe they bring...........I loved it.

Much props to the privilege crew.......club was :eek: . Reasonable prices, considerate staff, and the 2nd room upstairs:eek: :eek: .

BY FAR THE BEST PARTY OF CONFERENCE.

...like ramon said "hawtin does it again this year"........did that really suprise you....

Originally posted by rcrespo

Yep after that I realized i don't know shit about music once again .. time to burn the records and start over. Roll on Movement/Mutek. Probably one of the best if not the best dj set I've ever heard. Magda set the stage and Hawtin just took us on a ride to a place not many would want to venture without the safety of a friend. Twisted trippyed mindfuck music.

That last record he played was fuckin awesome.

Steffy check out his set on Peel for some haunting hilights from sunday.

www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt and click on the 3/10 show with hawtin its about 20 minutes into the show.

WE NEED To ID that Tune Ramon.......

Some Tracks OF WMC @ Privilege

Renato - Albehals

Chris Liebing - New MIX "Unreleased"

Chris Liebing - New Mix of American Madness

Josh Wink - Oakfish

Randy Katanna - One Solid Wave

Dirty Bass - All Four of there New Tunes

Igor S - Airforce One

Marco V - Echalava

John Starligh - Blood Angels "only Vocal Hawtin Played"

SOOOOO Many New Tracks, From Carola and Misstress