Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Heres the artical on black.

http://www.nynewsday.com/nyc-club03...epage-headlines

Four overdose at Manhattan club

By Lindsay Faber

Staff Writer

Four people overdosed on drugs Sunday morning at a Manhattan nightclub that is being sued by the city because of its drug activity, officials said.

The four people were at the Exit nightclub on W. 56th Street around 8:30 a.m. when they overdosed, fire department officials said.

They were taken to area hospitals. At least two were unconscious, according to officials.

The conditions of the four people could not be determined Sunday night.

For several years, the city has had a stormy relationship with the club.

Last February, police shut it down after undercover authorities were able to buy large amounts of Ecstacy and Special K during a 22-month undercover investigation.

A judge allowed the club to reopen a few weeks later.

Now the city is suing the club, claiming it is the scene of ongoing drug activity.

Last week, Sound Factory, another nightclub located 10 blocks south which police also investigated and briefly shut down last year, was the scene of a major drug bust. Authorities seized unspecified amounts of drugs and guns and arrested the club owner and two security chiefs under a statute that makes it a crime to provide a safe haven for drug dealers, police said.

Authorities are looking to shut that club down too, federal prosecutors said.

Attorneys for both clubs could not be reached Sunday night.

it reallly is soo sad to seee this. I am long over my drug days and I have seen it all...

people...

be aware of what you are doing.. teach others... don't fly blind!!!

it really almost bring tears to my eyes to read such horrible things....

It makes me sad.. it makes me angry...

if these people are your "friends"... watch over them, care for them, care for each other....

knowledge is power...!!!!!

understand what you are putting in your bodies.. take the ten seconds it takes to research these substances..

PLEEEASE!!!!!!!

check out www.dancesafe.org

for the family and friends.. I am truly sorry.. these things should NOT happen! my prayers are with you.

THE LESS CRACKHEADS THAT MEANS THE MORE DEATHS N MORE CLUBS CLOSED AND THERE WONT BE A SCENE GENIUS..FKN DISGUSTED ON WHAT HAPPENED THIS MORNING U THINK PEOPLE WOULD MAYBE GET A CLUE WITH ALL THIS SHIT HAPPENING WITH FACTORY THE SAME WEEK AND WOULD CALM DOWN ON ALL THE DRUGS. THIS IS EXACTLY IS WHATS GONNA HAVE THIS PLACE CLOSED DOWN AS SOON AS IT OPENS.:flame:

You know what is really funny, that all the people that they interviewed, said the inside was like a drug store :doh:

HELLLOO, do you know you are ruining it for EVERYONE. I know what happened was wrong (4 OD's) but why give negative reviews? It only hurts the club scene in NYC, why play devils advocate. You go to the party, you are there at 8am, you know what is going on inside, why talk to the newspapers about it?

You people are digging BLack's own grave

:blown:

Originally posted by aixgurlie

THE LESS CRACKHEADS THAT MEANS THE MORE DEATHS N MORE CLUBS CLOSED AND THERE WONT BE A SCENE GENIUS..FKN DISGUSTED ON WHAT HAPPENED THIS MORNING U THINK PEOPLE WOULD MAYBE GET A CLUE WITH ALL THIS SHIT HAPPENING WITH FACTORY THE SAME WEEK AND WOULD CALM DOWN ON ALL THE DRUGS. THIS IS EXACTLY IS WHATS GONNA HAVE THIS PLACE CLOSED DOWN AS SOON AS IT OPENS.:flame:

I get the feeling that people are finally starting to realize that JP has suceeded in destroying our scene here in NYC over the past couple years. Good job JP you fucking crackhead. You have almost singlehandedly (sp?) ruined the lives of many people by taking away their jobs and encouraging them to destroy themselves with your drug parties. Any of you who dont realize this are just too blinded by the drugs and I hope you eventually come to terms with this yourselves. Argue with me all you want but its the truth, from SF to Black to the SHelbourne it is obvious. I would never wish anyone death, but JP i hope you learn your lesson by ODing yourself.