Clubplanet Nightlife Community

legal question:

dgmodel

could someone settle an argument here:

hypothetically speaking, you sign in when you go work but you forget to sign out, but company policy is that they will not pay you for the day... is that against the law or is there anything that could be done considering you worked the day but they will not pay you??? or since its company policy and youre part of the company youre aware of the rules and regs and your subject to them??? thanks in advance...

...I would assume that technically speaking, if an employee signed that agreement it is a binding contract and the company could hold you to it....I don't see how it would be an illegal action or contract as there must be a category termed Employment Law or some ish....but I honestly think the bigger issue is whether the company would actually uphold and enforce this policy if this actually happened....most wouldnt because of the fact that in this case you actually showed up and worked...if it had been a negative impact on the company, I think it would be a different story...who the fuck knows...where are the god damn lawyers with some answers?!$%

Originally posted by iamme

you getting $crewed marko?

lol not me... a buddy of mine... but hes agruing with me that hes entitled to the money.. yes he is... but if its company policy, and he works for the co. then he has nothing to do but grin and bear it... IMO...

Originally posted by phatman

...I would assume that technically speaking, if an employee signed that agreement it is a binding contract and the company could hold you to it....I don't see how it would be an illegal action or contract as there must be a category termed Employment Law or some ish....but I honestly think the bigger issue is whether the company would actually uphold and enforce this policy if this actually happened....most wouldnt because of the fact that in this case you actually showed up and worked...if it had been a negative impact on the company, I think it would be a different story...who the fuck knows...where are the god damn lawyers with some answers?!$%

lol, well it happend to him, and hes pissed... but the foul thing is he worked the entire day...

...i'd be pissed too...a company should overlook that...is it a sheet you sign?...why not a punch clock?...and then perhaps fingerprinting and cameras all over the place...wtf....that's complete shit - he should fight it any way he can...and then start looking for another job...

that is pretty messed up. i guess legally he is bound to his company rules (im sure he agreed to them somewhere). I am by far no law expert, or even an amatuer, but i guess the rule itself would need to be disputed as "wrong" or unfair to the employees..otherwise, i think he is SOL :half:

Originally posted by dgmodel

could someone settle an argument here:

hypothetically speaking, you sign in when you go work but you forget to sign out, but company policy is that they will not pay you for the day... is that against the law or is there anything that could be done considering you worked the day but they will not pay you??? or since its company policy and youre part of the company youre aware of the rules and regs and your subject to them??? thanks in advance...

Well, i work for the City of New York Law Dept., so there's no better person to ask than me :tongue:

We have a hand-scan in, and in the beginning, i would forget to scan out at the end of the day. What happens in that case is we fill out this special memo for "failure to scan out' . I just get my boss to sign it, and im all good.

You company should have something like that, because it just doesn't seem right that you work all day, and then they don't pay you for it b/c you forgot to scan out...

Maybe your boss can sign a verification notice stating that you were in that day ?