Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC April 9th

groovefire

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by harvardvark

If you read my statement correctly, you would know that anyone into tronic parties isnt looking for glitz or pretensious spots. I commented on the venue itself, not the atmosphere. The personal digs on my friends isn't too becoming either since they obviously live there and know more about the venue than you do. As far as hot chicks, its well known that audiophile venues do NOT attract nearly as much hot chicks as the "pretensious" spots do that you so vehemently put down.

You obviously havent been there. as I stated in my initial post on this thread the room is for music lovers, (yes i saw your audiophile comment) It is a basement, you go downstairs and therough somw wierd ass corridor to get to the room, but the system is hott, and the drinks aint toobad for NYC. doors close at 3am i believe and the place jumps till 5 or 6 depending.

There are hot chicks that go there...i highly recommend it but like I said if your looking for a who's who or ritzy be-seen crowd this is not the spot.

I read everyone's statements and I even said I havent been there. Who mentioned anything about "being seen"?? Did I even give a hint that this type of place is like that? There are plenty of audiophile spots in NYC that have a great looking crowd (Arc for instance). From the descriptions that my friends gave (who are more music lovers than most people on this board are), Sullivan Room isn't all that. Feel free to disagree, thats ok. I can understand why you would since you guys are promoting it but I just wanted to know if it was the same SR that I heard about before. Nothing wrong with it

If you read my statement correctly, you would know that anyone into tronic parties isnt looking for glitz or pretensious spots. I commented on the venue itself, not the atmosphere. The personal digs on my friends isn't too becoming either since they obviously live there and know more about the venue than you do. As far as hot chicks, its well known that audiophile venues do NOT attract nearly as much hot chicks as the "pretensious" spots do that you so vehemently put down.

I've been the Sullivan Room many, many times, seemingly more than your friends. In my opinion, and the opinion of every single person I know, the venue itself is dope, one of New York's best, hands down, period. If you don't believe me, than how about the fact it was named best dancefloor in NYC by New York Magazine:

ny.jpg

I am trying to promote a party I've worked hard on putting together. You have ZERO personal knowledge about this, so keep your baseless criticism off my thread.

Read the article you just posted and you can see how they said the "tronic treatment parties" is what made this place the best dancefloor venue, not your parties. So before you go attacking me, think first and you can see how my criticism is far from "baseless" when you just provided the supporting evidence for the original critique. Thank you

Read the article you just posted and you can see how they said the "tronic treatment parties" is what made this place the best dancefloor venue, not your parties. So before you go attacking me, think first and you can see how my criticism is far from "baseless" when you just provided the supporting evidence for the original critique. Thank you

No, it proves your friends don't know what they're talking about, and neither do you. Why do you even care? I'm promoting something that you obviously won't go to, so leave it alone. Beat it. No one cares what you have to say.

good luck with your party groovefire. wish you all the best and success. you're just real poor at receiving any type of criticism and obviuosly could use a little more training in public relations. Nothing bad was said about the place that wasnt true and already corroborated with evidence from other testimonies in this thread adn by the article you generously supplied yourself.

you seem to be overcompensating way too much.. kind of like the guy who goes out with an ugly girl but keeps commenting on her great personality. Lighten up dude

Pretty Sure I'm going. Taking the bus down Friday night and meeting up with a few Friends in the city and heading over. Todd you guys will have a list right? If anyone is driving down from Boston if I could get in car that would be cool? Thought I just give it a shot anything is better bus ride to the city.

Thanks

Jay:D

good luck with your party groovefire. wish you all the best and success. you're just real poor at receiving any type of criticism and obviuosly could use a little more training in public relations. Nothing bad was said about the place that wasnt true and already corroborated with evidence from other testimonies in this thread adn by the article you generously supplied yourself.

you seem to be overcompensating way too much.. kind of like the guy who goes out with an ugly girl but keeps commenting on her great personality. Lighten up dude

:blah: :blah: :blah:

You got on this thread only to badmouth the venue, one you've never been to, apparently just to talk shit against my show. Totally unnecessary, and totally false.

You're a tool with nothing better to do than badmouth things you know nothing about it.

You're the one that needs lessons in public relations, not to mention class.

I asked if it was the same SR that I heard negative things about. You replied to my initial question with negative remarks about my friends and allusions that we're looking for pretensious hangouts, which is far from the truth. Then you got defensive about the clientele that go there and promises of hot chicks which you and I know is FARRR from the truth in establishments made for music-lovers and glowstickers.

Yes, you are right, i have never been there but the fact that I have knowledge about the place from people that have makes my argument just as valid. This didnt turn sour till you started bashing my friends. They go to tronic treatment parties (Marco Bailey, Hawtin, Christian Varela, M.Carola, etc.) and they loved the vibe but commented on how they wish there was a better venue for that atmosphere. So lighten up once again and learn to deal with reality guy. Nobody badmouthed you or your parties so quit making an argument out of something that isn't there to argue.

Haha, you are so sad. Go back and read your original comment, and tell me it wasn't unnecessarily confontational for a thread promoting a party there. You started this because you are NOTHING. I mean, do you DO anything in life? Do you put yourself out there in any way? Or do you just talk shit about other people's creative efforts while hiding behind a screenname? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Dude, Groove's GF is like, wicked hot. Like, I would do her...you know, if I was into that kind of thing...um...:idea:

I used the GF as an analogy, not a personal dig on you guy. I know nothing about you or your gf and never said anything derogatory about either. You, on the classless other hand, attacked my friends, attacked me and still harass me with your "screenname" as well. Do I have other endeavors in life? Alot more than you know my friend but I dont go boasting about them on some message board for acceptance like you might do. Like I said before, good luck with your basement get-together and hope it leads to "bigger better venues" in the future.

Harvard if I may your original post was rather derogatory in nature. I respect your opinion but to call the SR a "sh*t hole" is a bit much considering youve never been there.Your last couple of posts have been more eloquent. What we have here is your friends saying that SR is a sh*t hole and a bunch of others saying the place rocks.....Now what? Dont go to the show @the SR, lets drop it and move on. Plus you guys are sucking up my in box!

the club itself was described as a "shithole". Arc is also a shithole. So is discoteque. The parties held there on the other hand are outstanding and full of talent. My friends loved the tronic parties but commented on the club itself being some musty basement and felt the talent deserved a better spot to play. That isnt derogatory at all. Calling the DJ or the party something derogatory is one thing but calling the club/venue itself something, is totally different. Dont know why this turned personal but in any event, I tried being the better person and wishing this guy's party success. People just need to learn to deal with criticism (even when its not directed at them)