Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nerve 3/20 - Superstar DJ Eddie G and DJ Bruno Review

jayroc

Originally posted by CrzyC

Were you there? I was in the booth with Bruno until the very last part of his set. Ill write my review when I get out of the office today. ;)

unfortunatly i was not able to attend. i had obligations in my hometown:( but hey i would love to hear your review. sorry i could not make it, once again. i heard the show was great by both dj's, the VIP was jamming, though the main floor could have been more packed. funny u were in the booth, if i was there i would have been mostly there also, between that n a bottle, lol. so maybe another time we will meet. bruno or eddie could have told u i was not there:confused: but hey, shit happens.

I got to Nerve a little after 11pm since Bruno was only spinning till 1am and I REALLY wanted to catch his set. Get to the door and the guy recognizes me from the previous night :rolleyes: . I tell him I am on Eddie G's list, he cant find my name, so I tell him Im on Jayroc list (real name James?) He still cant find my name so he marks off somebody name Maritza since it sounded close to Carisa and let me in. Thanks buddy!:D

Walk in and the place is EMPTY!!!! I have never seen it that dead but then again it was early and I had a few peeps coming to hang too. Go up to the booth to say Hi to Bruno. Major was there and Pod was working the lights like a madman...the boy REALLY gets into working the lights.

I was so excited that I would be able to hear almost a complete set from Bruno. At NV he and Nelson usually switch out quite often. Bruno had some nice progressive tracks, very chill and smooth...reminded me of Nick Warren at Nerve (WMC). I cant name tracks but I recognized quite a few. He did a great job of building up the vibe and tempo to get peeps ready for Eddie G. Bruno even had Ardis (his wife) hooting and hollering a few times. (I love her!)

The club filled up a bit toward the end of Brunos set. Quite a MIXED crowd to say the least. I had forgotten that Sat is usually a gay party so that might be why the place never filled out. There were straight, gay, transgendered...all of it was there. I like a mixed crowd but it was a little weird to see at Nerve. (Im only used to that at afterhours).

So by the end of his set Bruno is bangin it out nicely while also respecting Eddie G and not throwing it down too hard. Eddie G comes on and to be honest I didnt like his first few tracks...a little too mellow but I guess that was because he knew he was gonna bang it out in a few minutes! I only stayed for about an hour of Eddies set but what I heard was great. There was a group of about 15 that was so into the music they were a blast to watch. The crowd seriously thinned out though. Not many peeps on the dancefloor but the VIP was pretty busy. As I said it was a weird crowd and I didnt get the usual fun NERVE vibe from these people.

I was suppposed to go to Space and meet up with a few people but my body decided that it would be in my best interest to go to bed so thats what I did.

All in all, I had a good time. This Friday I will be back to Crobar for Edgar V's monthly residency. Hmmmm...is Trance coning back to Miami?!?!?!:D

Carisa, i am sorry about the list, i did not have any other complaints on that. maybe when i sent it in it got recopied wrong. sorry again though.

i ddi not hear about the mixed crowd, i am cool with at afterhours also, but early in th night is hard to handle all night, if u like that real sexy sensual regular crowd.

i wish u could have stayed longer, i think u would have appreciated it.

p.s. carisa my name is jay not james but it is all good

god i hope trance is coming back miami, 1 1/2 years ago i saw it leaving and now just maybe? could it be? personally i am a trance fan for life

Hey Jay, I hope my review didnt sound negative, cause I had a good time. And no problem with the list ( I always have backup plan). ;)

If I hadnt done afterhours till 9am the night before I would have stayed longer. But the body decided to call it quits pretty early. And if you knew me you would know that I am usually one of the last to leave. Lets just say SOME people that called me from SPACE at 10am were a little upset I wasnt there. LMAO!!! (I missed you SOBETON!)

Originally posted by drsatan

hmmmmmmm.......

no turn out for eddie g and the manager/promoter wasnt at the gig???............

eddie and bruno...do yourself a favor...dump the chump;)

drsatan, hmmmmm... this has got to be a joke, lol.. actually i do find it funny. look no drama here, ok this for a review, but check it, i have never heard of an agent being faulted for missing one show when his fam is introuble, i would have only been a fuckin cheap skum to sell my fam out before i go to a show. that my freind is called resposibility!

Originally posted by drsatan

hmmmmmmm.......

no turn out for eddie g and the manager/promoter wasnt at the gig???............

eddie and bruno...do yourself a favor...dump the chump;)

Could not have said it better . . . after your promo all week you don't even attend . . . total CHUMP and AMATEUR move!!!

Originally posted by sobe2003

Could not have said it better . . . after your promo all week you don't even attend . . . total CHUMP and AMATEUR move!!!

ok first off, it is nerves resposibility to promote, and to make sure the flyers where out. we did not rent the venue. se no matter what eddie and bruno still slapped it down and stil get paid. next when fam calls u go! final, i dont have to justify my actions to a message board but seriously

reviews people REVIEWS

for those of u who r big clubbers and have been in the circut for awhile, i dought u would talk shit if u saw me, as i am respected by both peers and club owners and staff. but u probally know me to, and that is funny cuz if u do, i know u respect me too. so u have my name and no face, yes i am new to club planet, but not the club circle. so please know who u r talking about before u start talking. i hold no grudges, but truthfully u just may be at my table drinking my bottles or drinks and not know it. and yes this very likely. burning bridges in miami sucks, even if it is one person that u flownder it always comes back to u. and it is always hurtfull even for a star to say one crap thing, it com back to bite. some of u djs probally came to me and asked if would listen to a demo and sign u, or get u gigs, u might be surprised!!!

reviews people reviews

Originally posted by jayroc

ok first off, it is nerves resposibility to promote, and to make sure the flyers where out. we did not rent the venue. se no matter what eddie and bruno still slapped it down and stil get paid. next when fam calls u go! final, i dont have to justify my actions to a message board but seriously

reviews people REVIEWS

for those of u who r big clubbers and have been in the circut for awhile, i dought u would talk shit if u saw me, as i am respected by both peers and club owners and staff. but u probally know me to, and that is funny cuz if u do, i know u respect me too. so u have my name and no face, yes i am new to club planet, but not the club circle. so please know who u r talking about before u start talking. i hold no grudges, but truthfully u just may be at my table drinking my bottles or drinks and not know it. and yes this very likely. burning bridges in miami sucks, even if it is one person that u flownder it always comes back to u. and it is always hurtfull even for a star to say one crap thing, it com back to bite. some of u djs probally came to me and asked if would listen to a demo and sign u, or get u gigs, u might be surprised!!!

reviews people reviews

Does not change anything . . . you are an amateur and no one had heard of "Superstar" . . . and finally no one cares . . .

aside from the fact that this has been officially thread-jacked to the "we have nothing to do since we are nerds at work and jay has done nothing but do his job and promote the hell out of his boy eddie, so i think we will now make fun of him because he spells funny, wow we are gay" thread, I would just like to say that although i could not attend, it really doesnt make a dj good to have a packed house, good dj's play good music, aand thats that. Bruno plays great music, so does eddie. case closed.

:afro: SpaceCadet aka BlackBelt Jones