Clubplanet Nightlife Community

God I Hate Ktu

peepthis

the point is we have 2 major rap stations that play hip hop all day 24hrs a day is rap played out? no people love it. we have ktu as our dance station. there are so many good house songs they can play, its like they only wanna play fucking lasgo 100 times a day and queen of pop, its fuking annoying. thats y dance music is in the ground and no one is making money , all the major dance rec labels went in the ground. ktu dosent need to play any rap what so ever they should focus on more good quality dance music. the station just really suks , and there dj's suk as well. :blown: :blown: :blown:

thank you, thank you, thank you peepthis for telling the board the truth......gay-tu fuckin sucks....they have a new rival though, which isn't that great, 105.3....its a long island radio station ....just like ktu only in long island i guess

you complain that nobody plays good music...but then you'd complain if a station played "good music" and either consider the music they played cheese or bitch about the station playing out good music...

i guess some people like to complain just to complain

its facts not complaints. there is no money in dance music anymore cause of lack of support . y do u think rap is so big. videos/ 2 stations playing rap allday and night ect.... what do we have fuking ktu give me a brake , lasgo 10000000 times a day and other bullshit.

• 8 months later...

Thank God, other people feel the way I do. KTU is pathetic and beyond, the Nazi Repulikkkan Boot Lickers At Clear Channel dont even deserve to own the rights to the name KTU, cuz believe it or not, back in the 80's KTU was the bomb- a hometown radio station that supported local NY artists such as Arthur Baker, Todd Terry and the freestyle & early house movement .

Since they came back on the air in '96 they have continually sucked out loud , their only bright spots in the beginning was having RuPaul host the morning show and the Sat nite dance shows with David Morales, Armand Van Helden & Lord G.

I cant even tolerate their mix shows today, as Simon Cowell says "Ghastly, Dismal, Appalling". ;Not only do they not do SHIT for dance music, they offer NO support of hometown artists such as The Ones, Armand, Frankie Knuckles , Morales , Scissor Sisters, etc. These artists are having major pop hits and winning Grammies in Europe and are virtual unknowns in their homeland.

Why is Hip Hop so popular? Because Hot 97 & 105 fm keep their ear to the ground by supporting local artists and playing their "songs" (I use the term loosely) in a regular top 40 rotation. Imagine where hip hop would be if these stations followed KTU's lead and played nothing but "Rappers Delight" , "Mona Lisa" & "Peter Piper" 30 times a day , stuck in some '80 s time warp like KT poo

And of course kids, the issue of payola comes into play, the small dance labels just dont have a million bucks laying around to fatten up Clear Channels already bloated pockets the way the major labels do to just get the song played.

So. What to do? One suggestion is call and request the song you WANT to hear the next time they play that hideous, stuck in 1992 screaming Deborah Cox for the 30th time today . More than likely the song wont get played but at least they will know there is an audience ready to go deeper when and if they ever get their shit together (dont hold your breath)

Another suggestion is to bypass US radio altogether and listen to stations online Radio FG in Paris is RED HOT check it out www.radiofg.com/live

Hopefully since Howard Stern is giving corporate radio the big gas face , and is moving his show to Satellite , they will be forced to get it together muy pronto. We live in hope.

Keep on Dancin

Dj Tennessee www.tennavision.com

At least it's something...Yeah they might not play the most up to date stuff, but at least they try. Some of their mix shows on the weekend are very entertaining, And I listen religiously.

Anyhow, simply alternative is to not listen, which is probably what knocked them off the air before. No one was listening...

Two words people...

Satellite Radio!!!

Two words people...

Satellite Radio!!!

Yes people, get a satellite radio. Screw the FCC and Screw Clear Channel and their shit proramming. I have XM and have not listened to commercial radio since. You get 100s of channels of quality music and programming and no commercials. Its the best.

http://www.myradiostore.com

http://www.xmradio.com

And just a side note - My good buddy Round N Round will be spinning on XM this Monday Dec 6th on Channel 80 The Move!

if ktu played all the house music we love to hear, what would be the point of going to a club to hear the songs?? im happy we dont have a dance music station so that they dont play out the songs i like to hear at clubs :)

That is the most fuckin rediculous thing I have ever heard. Hot 97 and 105.1 play all that shit all day long, and people flock to the clubs to hear that shit every night. Why do you think that every bar and club play hip hop and top 40 shit in the main rooms and stick house DJ's in the back room. The main floor is fuckin packed with people listing to hip hop and the back room has nobody in it, even thought the DJ is spinning great tracks to the walls and the bar tender.

Take a page from the overseas radio stations that play real house in rotation. All the clubs over there have real DJ's playing Real House music to people that really want to hear it. Why? Because they are exposed to it on a daily basis. I have played at clubs over seas and had 3000 people go crazy when I play shit, and I can't keep 30 people in a room when I am playing here and there is hip hop in the main room.

It all boils down to exposure. Our mass media exposes the general public to what they want them to hear, not what they want to hear. You tell a kid that he is a fuck up long enough and he will begin to beleave it himself. That is just what mass media did to us. We are controled by what they want us to hear, that is why you will never hear real house music on KTU in rotation.

House music is a dieing art in America and we are just letting it die. Why do you think all of our top DJ's could care less if they play in the states or not. I know I would rather play somewhere that people know and enjoy what I am spinning rather than a room full of people that are just there because it's Friday night and that is the "Place to Be or Be Seen".

Madness

im not a fan of ktu but i will say david morales def does his thing on friday nites.......it definetly sux that they play out tracks ....but by the time ktu gets their hands on these tracks theyre old and done with anyways.....perfect example sylver-all this time....i crack up when i turn on the radio to hear "FRESH BEATS JONATHAN PETERS PRESENTS SYLVER- ALL THIS TIME" fresh beats my assssssssssssssss song is nothing close to new...what pisses me off more is the clueless listeners who think that everything ktu plays is exclusive .......

for those who want ktu to play music that we here in clubs ....its not that simple....many tracks arent released ...so ktu could play those tracks during dj's mix shows like the riddler but if the tracks arent released a radio station cant promote the track and give the title and artist on the air

Thank God, other people feel the way I do. KTU is pathetic and beyond, the Nazi Repulikkkan Boot Lickers At Clear Channel dont even deserve to own the rights to the name KTU, cuz believe it or not, back in the 80's KTU was the bomb- a hometown radio station that supported local NY artists such as Arthur Baker, Todd Terry and the freestyle & early house movement .

Since they came back on the air in '96 they have continually sucked out loud , their only bright spots in the beginning was having RuPaul host the morning show and the Sat nite dance shows with David Morales, Armand Van Helden & Lord G.

I cant even tolerate their mix shows today, as Simon Cowell says "Ghastly, Dismal, Appalling". ;Not only do they not do SHIT for dance music, they offer NO support of hometown artists such as The Ones, Armand, Frankie Knuckles , Morales , Scissor Sisters, etc. These artists are having major pop hits and winning Grammies in Europe and are virtual unknowns in their homeland.

Why is Hip Hop so popular? Because Hot 97 & 105 fm keep their ear to the ground by supporting local artists and playing their "songs" (I use the term loosely) in a regular top 40 rotation. Imagine where hip hop would be if these stations followed KTU's lead and played nothing but "Rappers Delight" , "Mona Lisa" & "Peter Piper" 30 times a day , stuck in some '80 s time warp like KT poo

And of course kids, the issue of payola comes into play, the small dance labels just dont have a million bucks laying around to fatten up Clear Channels already bloated pockets the way the major labels do to just get the song played.

So. What to do? One suggestion is call and request the song you WANT to hear the next time they play that hideous, stuck in 1992 screaming Deborah Cox for the 30th time today . More than likely the song wont get played but at least they will know there is an audience ready to go deeper when and if they ever get their shit together (dont hold your breath)

Another suggestion is to bypass US radio altogether and listen to stations online Radio FG in Paris is RED HOT check it out www.radiofg.com/live

Hopefully since Howard Stern is giving corporate radio the big gas face , and is moving his show to Satellite , they will be forced to get it together muy pronto. We live in hope.

Keep on Dancin

Dj Tennessee www.tennavision.com

:werd:

I couldn't agree more. I am glad that people are starting to take notice to what is happening to the state of media in this country. MTV is not helping the situation either, for that matter. They use to have shows like MTV AMP and as bad as I hate to say it "The Grind" where house music was brought to masses of people everyday. That is all gone now, you don't even see or hear any house music on MTV at all now. It is sad that we have lost our battle to hip hop and top 40. I really beleave it is the fact that House promotes Unity and Happiness amongst everybody that likes it, and Hip Hop has a message of violence and whatever. Don't take that the wrong way, not all hip hop promotes bullshit, but you will rarely hear that played on the radio or on MTV. All you will hear is people talking about guns, bling and bitches. House has none of those elements, so they won't play it. I am just rambeling on right now, but I hope you know what I mean.

Madness