Clubplanet Nightlife Community

E documentary airs

Originally posted by bwags

...I will watch it.

People who live/party in NY have to understand that even though in our minds E is passe and soooo 4 years ago, it takes a long time for this trend to filter out to suburban america. And it's now to the point where Peter Jennings reports on the goverment's attempt to control the drug. The drug has run it's course in the NY party scene but middle America is just now using it and realizing the effects that we figured out 4 years ago. NY is just the first to get any new drug. Then if it makes it here, it will make it anywhere (sorry Frank...)

G and Tina will be on Peter Jennings in a few years...

Exactly.;) I'm definitely going to check it out to see what new info the gov't has for us on ecstasy.

I saw most of the episode and learned about some of the new studies on ecstasy. They said that most of the studies on ecstasy that claimed to turn your brain into swiss cheese as well another study that claimed that ecstasy caused Parkinsons was very innacurate. They based it on a European study that demonstrated the effect on ecstasy on the brain was very minimal. I guess in the European study they used hair samples to determine that x caused minimal damage on the brain. In the US study, hair samples weren't even used so the study could not be determined as being valid. The study said that minimal use of x would cause severe damage to the brain. That study was exaggerated the episode reiterated.

I didn't know that x started to be popular first in Dallas and in the early to late 80's and that it was legal back then for awhile. The gov't intercepts a lot of the info out there on almost any issue and manipulates that info. The gov't only lets us know what they want us to know. Same with X. The gov't= BS a majority of the time, we all know this. Frankie Bones made a cameo and talked about the scene he played for. The documentary overall was pretty good and accurate.

I saw most of the episode and learned about some of the new studies on ecstasy. They said that most of the studies on ecstasy that claimed to turn your brain into swiss cheese as well another study that claimed that ecstasy caused Parkinsons was very innacurate. They based it on a European study that demonstrated the effect on ecstasy on the brain was very minimal. I guess in the European study they used hair samples to determine that x caused minimal damage on the brain. In the US study, hair samples weren't even used so the study could not be determined as being valid. The study said that minimal use of x would cause severe damage to the brain. That study was exaggerated the episode reiterated.

I didn't know that x started to be popular first in Dallas and in the early to late 80's and that it was legal back then for awhile. The gov't intercepts a lot of the info out there on almost any issue and manipulates that info. The gov't only lets us know what they want us to know. Same with X. The gov't= BS a majority of the time, we all know this. Frankie Bones made a cameo and talked about the scene he played for. The documentary overall was pretty good and accurate.