Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stock Market...

Originally posted by oldschoolsfkid

i'm with American Capital Partners, i'll send you my bisiness card if you want, call me at the office I don't care. Then again what do i have to prove to you, you don't effect my business<-----Do you know what a PIKER is?Now seriously the markets about to open

hey sport, relax, calm down, no need to get so defensive.

i will tell you one thing though, no one uses that word "piker" on wall st anymore.. its like saying grooovy in todays times... the only poeple i know that uses that word are trainees and cold callers getting all excited after watching boiler room.

but again. good luck to you sport

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what if i have a disclaimer on the site indicating that i'm not a broker or advisor but just an investor selling advice etc is that enough

Originally posted by sianxc

nope.. a broker license and a advisor license are sepearate entities and you need to have an advisor licesnse to do so

Originally posted by AlexGNcw

what if i have a disclaimer on the site indicating that i'm not a broker or advisor but just an investor selling advice etc is that enough

doesnt matter.. if your "selling" advice in any shape or form you HAVE to be licensed within the state

doesnt matter.. if your "selling" advice in any shape or form you HAVE to be licensed within the state

sianxc is right, to sell any kind of advice you need to be a fully licensed rep or i.a. -- no way around it.... legally

i like oldschoolsf's calls on BSX and IVX. BSX's stents have been doing well. IVX has a good pipeline which should provide solid earnings potential or at least plenty of 'buy on the rumor' pops as each drug comes into a new phase of testing.

looking at those 2 technically:

BSX continues to make new 52 wk highs, but not on very much volume. you'd usually like to see these made with more volume and push. regardless, sometimes there will just be a lack of sellers and in a stock like this people have many reasons not to sell. you might not want to buy here at pretty much at it's 52 wk high, but if it pulls back some to it's immediate support levels, about the 43.50ish and 39.00, pick some up and remember to set a stop. it's got a tremendous trend and as they say, the trend is your friend.

IVX since late Feb has been stuck in a channel with support at about 22.30 and resistance at about the 24.25 level. i'd look to buy a break above resistance and set a stop close to that in case it's a failed break out. and if it runs, trail ur stops and sit back and smile. if it breaks support, short and set ur stop again near support in case it's a failed breakdown.

i'm more into fundamental than tech analysis but when u have both to back up ur trades it definitely adds confidence and comfort. so, i hope these help. and finally, this should in no way be misconstrued as advice or solicitation for services providing advice. ;)

question ... does anyone know if you are allowed to charge people for investment advice if you do not have a broker license (what i mean by that is charge for example a monthly membership fee for weekly tips on stocks that I belive will do good, the customers would have to invest through a broker on their own though)

Why don't you try to become a broker??

thats not what i want to do for several reasons

1) i got a business thats doing good which i enjoy running in other words i don't wanna work for anyone else

2) its too many hours and too much headache

anyway the reason i was asking about it is i run a site now that provides an "advise" service www.finalstepinvestments.com and right now i pay someone with a license to do all the work which leaves me with very little comission so i wanted to start doing it myself

Why don't you try to become a broker??

Guest mojamis

Anybody notice how ridiculous tasr is!!!!!!!

I am looking into this other stock, they make body armor- symbol is dhb. Company look pretty good.

thats not what i want to do for several reasons

1) i got a business thats doing good which i enjoy running in other words i don't wanna work for anyone else

2) its too many hours and too much headache

anyway the reason i was asking about it is i run a site now that provides an "advise" service www.finalstepinvestments.com and right now i pay someone with a license to do all the work which leaves me with very little comission so i wanted to start doing it myself

i wouldnt say such things in public. its actaully illegal what your doing, splitting commissions when your not registered... and along with some of the comments on securities thats been said in this thread... one wrong word or phrasing, will get you into alot of shit if your a broker. watcha back

no no i'm not doing anything illegal i only run and advertise the website while employing someone to do the work you can own a website that does absolutely anything while knowing nothing about the service

the person who owns merril lynch does not have to be a stock broker or be licensed as anything

i wouldnt say such things in public. its actaully illegal what your doing, splitting commissions when your not registered... and along with some of the comments on securities thats been said in this thread... one wrong word or phrasing, will get you into alot of shit if your a broker. watcha back

there is a kid on this board who has been shut down by the sec before......be careful

On eleven separate occasions between August 23, 1999 and February 4, 2000, Lebed engaged in a scheme on the Internet in which he purchased large blocks of thinly traded microcap stocks and, within hours of making such purchases, sent numerous false and/or misleading messages, or "spam," over the Internet touting the stocks he had just purchased. Lebed then sold all of these shares, usually within 24 hours, profiting from the increased price his messages had caused. During the course of the scheme, Lebed realized a total net profit of $272,826.1

• 4 weeks later...

-----what are your forecasts based on???-----

aRE YOU SERIOUS, ILL GIVE YOU A SHORT STORY ON BSX--BEEN TRACKING THE COMPANY OVER A YEAR NOW AS OF ABOUT A WEEK AND A HALF AGO GOT FDA APPROVAL ON A PRODUCT WITCH LOOK TO DOUBLE PROFITS FOR NEXT 12 MONTHS IVE BEEN BUYING THE STOCH FOR 12 MONTHS AQLREADY SAW 120%---1 BELEAVE THERES ALOT OF UPSIDE LEFT DEF 50% BUT THATS ALL IM SAYIG ON THAT DO SOME RESEARCH!!

---TRY DOING YOUR OWN REASEARCH---

thank you for your priceless advice... :laugh:

attachment.php?s=&postid=2170870

this is a risky one, but i think TRKN bould be a great pick. i just bought a bunch of it. Its at 2 bucks, and is forecasting earnings of at least .45 next year. Even at a P/E of 15 it should be vaueld at $7. And industry P/E's are about 45. So this one might be one to watch. Its fairly valued if the company cannot beat earning of .10 next year, and all estimates are above that.

So there.

And its faced a brutal beating lately. Went from 7 bucks to 2 now in the psat couple of months.

i know this is kinda offtopic but though we could exchange some tips here

anyone know of any companies worth checking out?

following is the most profitable investment i've made this year still going strong

SIRI - Sirius Satellite Radio

compared siri and xm satelite (xmms) around when they first came out - I chose xm and has been good to me since. Still has some earning potential, should look into it.

Originally posted by bringda40z

i think everyone got crushed this week... i could smell books burning it was so bad... I hate penny stocks but i would really take a look at qbid.....

it wasnt just this week, its been since he started toughting this stock in begining of april... look at the chart and the dates on his post...

Originally posted by dgmodel

it wasnt just this week, its been since he started toughting this stock in begining of april... look at the chart and the dates on his post...

im not talking about his stock, i dont take advice from anyone online. I saying in general from this china shit.

im not talking about his stock,

okay...

i dont take advice from anyone online.

depends on who the source is IMO...

I saying in general from this china shit.

same here... had to much "fun" in '99 with this shit...

Originally posted by dgmodel

thank you for your priceless advice... :laugh:

attachment.php?s=&postid=2170870

you can't be serious guy, the market hasent done s*** for the last month. take a look @ your little chart again. do you see the channel bsx is in????? between about 40 & 46?? do you know technichals??? BSX formed a higher high, then on the last pullback bsx did not form a lower low, so the stock is still concidered to be positive. relax cheif, the stock will work out. Dont quit your day job. if you can't handle the swings the market throws @ you, dont play & don't try to come at me like that. piker