Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Apartment Decorating Advice!

Hey everyone...

Ok, here's the deal...

I am furnishing..decorating my new apartment, and need some suggestios as to where to shop. I have already bought most of my stuff from Pottery Barn, But besides Crate & Barrel & Ikea...I dont know where else to go in Manhattan.

Thanks for you help!

D.

Ikea???? Girl, would you eva buy shoes from K-mart?? A REAL diva would strictly stick to ABC carpet, it's on 17th and Broadway. Let me tell you, when i say Fabulous , I mean FANTABULOUS!!!! Of course, $100 won't even get you a pillow, but a little pinmping here and there and you might be able to afford to walk in.

2 spot: DOME

It's on West Broadway (right next door to my buddies store -Hotel Venus). Now th efurniture in here is alittle more cutting edge, future glam icon wannabe. And it rocks.

Check it out little divette..and ,make sure to fill me in on what the diva bought!!!!!

*2 snaps and a twist*

Detox

if you need help moving your bed, im your man. ive moved many a bed in my day *wink wink*

actually the sad thing is that, this is not innuendo, i use to work for 1800 dial-a- mattres...S<--notice the last "s", thats the "S" for savings people!!! jeez, what a brand statement, i must go and brush my teeth now just for saying that.(plus i havent brushed in weeks)

------------------

[iNSERT CLEVER QUOTE HERE]

Thanks for your replies and advice.

As for you detox, I went to Dome a few weeks ago..I saw some nice stuff there...but your right..it has too "futuristic" of a feel for me. At least to decorate my entire apt. with.

I'll def. check out ABC though, thanks!

D.

I got my bedroom set from Gothic -- just be advised that it will take ~4-6wks to take delivery of it (they have to custom make it).

Crate n Barrel, Jensen-something (we got our couch from there), Tweeter for electronic audio shiznat (so sayeth h0nus)......

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

There is the best store on 7th Avenue and 15th street on the east side, there are two furniture stores the first one closer to 15th is the good one, (the other one is old grandma type stuff) Its mid priced, but SOOOO cool you can spend hours in there! When you have all the big pieces and just need to decorate wander around chelsea (26th st flea market too!) and Village/Soho and just go into the little stores..always great one of a kind stuff....Also SoHome on bway and spring I think has some generic but good stuff, and I know it sounds strange but Bloomingdales has more upscale stuff if you ahve the money. good luck! where did you move?? (my apt burned down last yr and I just went through the whole drama of moving too lol)

MDiva

------------------

..."We come to love not by finding a perfect person...but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"...

MissDiva19@aol.com

Oh my god!

My apartment burnt down too last year!!

GIRL!!! I know what you are going through!

D-R-A-M-A!!

I Grew up on West End and 88th Street.

Then I moved out and got a place on W 79th Street. (Burnt Down)

In August I moved into a One bedroom on West 56th St.

Where do you live?