Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fav. band

livin42nite

For those that listen to a lil rock outside of dance music, which current bands do you listen to? And how come there are barely any places that bring in live bands or even just play a lil rock down here. Was really looking forward to seeing the strokes at mansion, but that never happened anybody know why its always at an arena or something.

Fav bands

The strokes

Coldplay

Rooney

Dave Matthews Band (playin in wpb on july 31st)

White Stripes

Radiohead

U2

dmb in wpb....more info please!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

yeah and queens of the stone age are pretty good!!!!!!!!!

at least they have stood out to me, and i never, and i mean never listen to f.m. radio......so tje fact that ive even taken the time to notice they exist, at least to me means they have a pretty good sound!!!!!!

Give me any concert and I'm so there...

still might go to Dave Matthews... i'll decide closer to date... I have madonna twice in 5 days (ft laud and miami) and dave matthews is on that Saturday.

Rock bands - I wish I could see STP again.. they were awesome... and KORN - they were fucking awesome!!!

I'd really like to see ColdPlay too..

I want to see everybody to be honest.. :D

Originally posted by mursa

..speaking of bands ..there is like a NIRVANA marathon on Zeta 94.9 in honor of Kurt Cobain .

...been listening to it , bringing me back great memories . :)

I know man.. I can't wait to get outta work so I can JAM to some Nirvana....

RIP Kurt :(

Originally posted by livin42nite

And how come there are barely any places that bring in live bands or even just play a lil rock down here. Was really looking forward to seeing the strokes at mansion, but that never happened anybody know why its always at an arena or something.

I'm with you on this one...and after years of trying to figure out the problem, I've come to the conclusion that Miami is too tropical for the love of rock to brew...we are just too happy :)

This has changed though, it wasn't this way during the 90's...we had full house on 91's Lollapallooza...the Cameo (now Crobar) used to bring killer bands...I saw Pearl Jam there, before Ten came out...I saw Nirvana at the Bayfront Amphiteatre...if you went up north to the Chili Pepper...that's where you would catch more rock concerts...it's basicly goone to shit.

There's also the stigma of being a strong destination for electronic music...we might love it, but rockers are ticked off by it...it's a fact.

Still, if you want to check kick-ass concerts...you can drive up to west palm or pompano...all the good shows don't drive lower than that...there's just no crowd...people don't buy the tickets.

As for The Strokes...I saw them a couple of years ago at Billboard Live...but I doubt it they were going to play at the Mansion...I knew from the begining they were going to up-grade the show to a bigger venue...the show at the Gleason was fucking amazing...still..........the crowd was dead...Miami doesn't know rock for shit...used to...but not anymore...you can trust me, I know my shit.

:D

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

dmb in wpb....more info please!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

yeah and queens of the stone age are pretty good!!!!!!!!!

at least they have stood out to me, and i never, and i mean never listen to f.m. radio......so tje fact that ive even taken the time to notice they exist, at least to me means they have a pretty good sound!!!!!!

Queens of the Stone Age consists of three former members of the dust rock band Kyuss. While QOTSA's style is not the same heavy, fuzzed out guitar rock Kyuss was known for, they're still putting out good stuff, including the radio friendly track you picked up on :)

primus

rush

led zeppelin

pink floyd

mr. bungle

ween

beck

beatles

chili peppers

rage against the machine

helmet

tool

radiohead

outkast

public enemy

nwa

prodigy

chemical brothers

infusion

rabbit in the moon

the orb

crystal method

Originally posted by funketeer

I'm with you on this one...and after years of trying to figure out the problem, I've come to the conclusion that Miami is too tropical for the love of rock to brew...we are just too happy :)

This has changed though, it wasn't this way during the 90's...we had full house on 91's Lollapallooza...the Cameo (now Crobar) used to bring killer bands...I saw Pearl Jam there, before Ten came out...I saw Nirvana at the Bayfront Amphiteatre...if you went up north to the Chili Pepper...that's where you would catch more rock concerts...it's basicly goone to shit.

There's also the stigma of being a strong destination for electronic music...we might love it, but rockers are ticked off by it...it's a fact.

Still, if you want to check kick-ass concerts...you can drive up to west palm or pompano...all the good shows don't drive lower than that...there's just no crowd...people don't buy the tickets.

As for The Strokes...I saw them a couple of years ago at Billboard Live...but I doubt it they were going to play at the Mansion...I knew from the begining they were going to up-grade the show to a bigger venue...the show at the Gleason was fucking amazing...still..........the crowd was dead...Miami doesn't know rock for shit...used to...but not anymore...you can trust me, I know my shit.

:D

That makes sense I guess. Always noticed that most acts touring usually play orlando, tampa, maybe west palm but almost never miami. No need to say how amazing the strokes show was, Im still pissed I didn't make it.

Originally posted by klaus77

FAITH NO MORE, if you never heard of them. You dont know rock music from your ass.

fait no more is cool.....the real thing and angel dust are both bad-ass albums.....but I prefer Mr. Bungle ten times over them.....bungle is more psychotic..