Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new club on 29th and 11th

hidden in center of the street (in the middle of nowhere), ny looks like we'll be in for a new treat...inside of the place looks slammin.... high ceilings, no walls.

renovations are almost done. def. upscale.

who's knows any info?

Originally posted by djjonstephen

you talking about Coral Room? I was there this past Saturday

nah man, this place is new, still in final reno phase. walk all the way down 29th past 11th ave, towards the middle of the street. (literally in the middle of nowhere)

the place looks VERY nice. even the ceilings are finished with a wood type surface. (and not the typical piping industrial etc) I am under the impression that this will be a private club, since the location and the decorum. I will ask the contractor today, but he prob doesn't know anything.

Originally posted by NYCclub15

i think you are talking about QUO....

to have all the details yet, but as soon as i get them...i will let you guys know.

nah its not QUO. QUO is on 511 W28th street. This is on 29th street on the 600 block.

I saw a reporter from the Voice snooping around there today..

where are the industry heads with the info. cmon now...

Originally posted by pangelid

nah its not QUO. QUO is on 511 W28th street. This is on 29th street on the 600 block.

I saw a reporter from the Voice snooping around there today..

where are the industry heads with the info. cmon now...

ok, here's the scoop for anyone interested.

I talked to the designer just now. Place is called Ruby Falls. It has gotten no press yet to my knowledge, and is relatively secret.

Space is very nice. All white. Large center bar, with an elevated stage. 40' High ceilings with a skylight center. To me looks like can fit 450-500 ppl. The designer said it will double as an art space, and cocktail lounge/nightclub in the evenings. I believe they are trying to attract a more local crowd, and will shy away from club crowd. Most likly a crowd like that of Glass.

No tentative open date.