Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whos you fav progressive house dj?????

Originally posted by muzikkrazze1

nicely put but like i said and will repeat,just because they play a set of progressive house doesnt make them progressive dj's.so when some one states clamaran as a progressive dj its wrong.its not progressive house to say the least.its tribal.correct.if the question was who's your favorite house dj then okand i have spoken to many of these dj/producers to know they dont consider themselves to be progressive house dj's.clamaran said it himself he's a tribal dj by heart and thats whjat he is.just cause it has a more progressive type stance to the tribal doesnt make it progressive in any sense of the word.there are few staight up progressive house dj's.and all i am doing is trying to make people understand that not every dj or track that they think is progressive really is.and when a person is knowledgable about music and knows how the different elements in tracks defins them then they can appreciate the music all so much so.like i said b4 didnt want to stir bs drama cause to each his own.

all i want to know is where u got your degree in prog house, since u know absolutly EVERYTHING about it and have the balls to tell everyone on here that there WRONG :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

^^^^

hehe, he thinks he's the all knowing music god.

Steve Lawler is primarily known for his tribal sound. He's a master at it. But u know what, a lot of ppl could call him a progressive house dj and it wouldn't be all that wrong.

Anyways, who the fuck cares? He should just tell us who his favorite progressive house dj is. If he doesn't think Clamaran is a prog house dj, then obviously he's not his favorite prog house dj. It's as simple as that.

:laugh:

See, This is why i hate all these labels for our genre, All this bullshit names

Progressive house , Progressive,Progressive-trance,,

Nitpicking.. Ill be honest with you. iI know there is a difference between the styles of music, but bottom line it all comes down to it being just Electronic Dance Music... Its easier to explain to people.. Cause all that other shit is just confusing..

and John Digweed is known for spinning all different types of music not only his 'Progressive House'

Now, I wanna see someone write me an explanation of what they think Progressive House is.. Will see how many people can do it.

Originally posted by disk-ofreak

all i want to know is where u got your degree in prog house, since u know absolutly EVERYTHING about it and have the balls to tell everyone on here that there WRONG :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

did i say everyone was wrong?umm nope.who said anything about a degree?not me.and being in the industry and working with alot of these dj's/producers i think that gives me a little more leeway then mr./mrs. i go clubbing so i know my shit.how many people ojn here have/does work for a record label?how many people can say they speak to these dj's/producers?like i said to each his/her own,if you want ot think so and so is a progressive dj so fucking be it.i am just trying to let the people who think so and so is a progressive dj/producer that he/she aint and the music isn't considered proigressive.is that wrong to want people to know what they are listening to?is it wrong for people to be a bit more educated in the music that he/she listens to?nope.cause when you fully understand the music you can and will enjoy it more.i havent been in this industry for 10 years and dont know what i am talking about nor do i care to argue about stupid petty shit.so have anice night.

Originally posted by soj

^^^^

hehe, he thinks he's the all knowing music god.

Steve Lawler is primarily known for his tribal sound. He's a master at it. But u know what, a lot of ppl could call him a progressive house dj and it wouldn't be all that wrong.

Anyways, who the fuck cares? He should just tell us who his favorite progressive house dj is. If he doesn't think Clamaran is a prog house dj, then obviously he's not his favorite prog house dj. It's as simple as that.

:laugh:

clamaran isnt a progressive house dj or producer.shit he'll tell you himself.he may play a progressive house set but that isnt his heart and soul or sound.his heart and soul and he'll say the same shit is tribal.as for my fav progressive dj/producer i dont have one cause it isnt my vibe and style as it once was.mayube 6/ 7 years ago i would tell you but now i have evolved to newer and bigger sounds and music.and i never said i am the all knowing music god,but its one thing to say this dj is progressive and this one isnt.steve lawler is a tribal dj,he does play progressive sounds in his sets but that doent make him a progressive dj.just like saying peter rauhoffer is a trance dj cause he plays some trtance it'd be wrong no.?whatever i am done arguing with people who obviously know the music and sound and the defintion more then i do.so have a nice day and enjoy your progressive music

Originally posted by soj

The term "progressive" means to advance, or to move forward. Progressive house is deemed house music that is always trying to bend the rules of "commercial" house music. A progressive sound is more experimental. It can be more trancy, more tribal, more techy, or a variant of a mixture of these or something completely different on its own.

that pretty much defines the genre, from what iv read and come to understand,

"to progress is to move forward" is the first thing i see on prog sites and read in articles