Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Soulfuric @ Nerve REview

Bling

There comes a time in ones journey to understanding electronic music when one reaches a crossroads. Behind me progressive trance, a road i have enjoyed for the past 3 years. Now i have come upon soulful house. I have never come on this board and said that I am a straight up trancer. I have said that trance is my favorite and it still is after tonite. But Soulful house or whatever this genre is termed, could very well tie it :)

Amazing nite i want to thank first and foremost Phillipio for telling me to come here. Based on his recomendation tonite i will def come to Nerve to see HALO instead of Layo and Bushwacka .

Amazing music. All vocals........ all of it. It was extrmemely danceable, had great tribal thrown in, saxophone sounds, jazzy riffs. it had it all

OVERALL THIS IS THE BEST MUSIC I HAVE EVER HEARD AT NERVE AND PERHAPS THE BEST MUSIC IVE HEARD OUTSIDE OF CONFERENCE THIS YEAR (macboy and phillipio u know whats up lol)

Shoutouts

1. Michael Vane (great to meet you and talk in VIP great guy) lookin foward to hearing your music.. and thanks for the kind words about me. makes my postin on cp worth it. to have dj/producers as yourself read my stuff .

2. Amalia (simply gorgeous. what more can i say. )

3. Norahmiami (so glad to finally meet the sexy and clasy norahmiami had a blast with you all nite in VIP and thanks for being my dancing partner for a bit. )

4. Lyrik

5. Matik

6. michka( hope i got the spelling right)

7. Phillipio (I have a feeling the next few months we will be hanging out a lot ) :) good times this weekend

8. macboy (hope ur trip home by bike went well. damn u party 6 days a week..... u da man !!!

9. Charlie (nice to see charlie in da hiz house)

10. VAughn -always fun to be with .. vaughn getting everyone fucked up on patron LOL . thanks for the vodka cranberry that was some strong shit .... :)

11. sheldon -awesome awesome set. i got to get my hands on ur cd. great meeting u

12. POD - have fun at space

13. biz-in the car pickin pod up.. LOL good seeing u bro

14. drumsjunkie

15. bcnjunkie

16. mp3some (great talkin to you . def an insightful talk.)

REview of Evening

Juan Mejia and Sheldon

Juan mejia was up first. I have never been a huge fan of juan based on his crobar sets opening for edgar. but tonite ....holy shit . incredible set. this is def the type of music juan excels at. And i def want to hear more of it. I loved it to death. Then sheldon took over and they went back and forth. awesome soulful house. Much respect to sheldon .

Now i just have to hear vaughn spin and im happy .

Julius Knight and Brian Tappart

All i can say is they are the first djs to convert me to this genre of house. Amazing set. The music was so good everyone was dancing. I mean how the hell can u not??? The set took me on a journey plain and simple and i loved the ride. I dont know much about this style of music but im sure phillipio can teach me :)

I have a feeling if i hear enough of this i may soon like it as much as progressive trance :eek:

Incredible evening

10/10 omfg i dies

Now saying that this is the best music ive heard at nerve (hybrid being a close second), junkie xl will have to bring it next week.

and i have a feeling that he will big time. he may just be even better then this week :) but only time will tell

BLING... you are not only a cool kat... you are a great example that music "IS The Answer!" So many people get on the "house -vs- trance" or breaks -vs- this or THAT SHIT SUCKS... Wanna hear something funny... it all comes out of the same speakers, we all have opinions, and we(trance & house) make up a very small piece of what society calls "hip"; actually 21%!!!! SO... guess what, I like trance! Is it "my cup of tea"?.. no.. but have I had fun listening to EdgarV.. hell yeah! How can't you!!! :D

I really have to give credit to all the dj's that cross the lines and all the promoters, especially people like PM SEssions and Aquabooty, for bringing TALENT... not house, not trance... just talent!

Man... Patron makes me soft! "laugh: