Clubplanet Nightlife Community

your technique

lalate

..... it's amazing how "new" promoters, at least some of them, have DREADFUL technique at inviting people.

Someone came up to me and my group last night, cuz we're all good looking, like almost scared me cuz he was there and then not there, like speedy gonzalez or wild e coyote combined lol, gave me a card upside down with his name on it and took off. I'm like WTF! ... i turn the card rightside up and then over, still couldnt see the card (font was too dark and too small) .. i got a candle, put it up to the card and THENNNNNN i realized, ooooh, you're a promoter.

I've always wondered about how promotion works...do you get negotiate a fix price for helping the venue spread the word? Or does you get a cut of the night's take in? Or are payments arranged in other ways? And who puts up the dough for the DJ, security, bartender, etc.? I'm guessing its a case by case thing...

I realize this is probably somewhat of a taboo topic for you promoter, so I'll understand if you all want to take the 5th on this...but I'm just really curious

Originally posted by tequiza

I've always wondered about how promotion works...do you get negotiate a fix price for helping the venue spread the word? Or does you get a cut of the night's take in? Or are payments arranged in other ways? And who puts up the dough for the DJ, security, bartender, etc.? I'm guessing its a case by case thing...

I realize this is probably somewhat of a taboo topic for you promoter, so I'll understand if you all want to take the 5th on this...but I'm just really curious

Just so you know, i'm not ticklish either. So that wont work here either.

just kiddin.

Hey Tequiza.. there's many ways that promoters get paid... it's a case by case scenario and club by club!

Some people just promote to help out clubs.. that's what I do .. offer my time in return for admission and or a drink...

Lalate... If ya give me a white russian, it'll be even harder to get it out of me!

HEY SIN,

how many times did you flake on me?!?!?! :eek:

I got one wisdomtooth removed on monday, thought I would be fit and ready to go last night, but it is still a little painful, I am up for El Centro and Joya tonight though!!>?!?!

Anyone wanne join, just e-mail me alexinla03@yahoo.com

(Joya girls are free on my list/guys $10/Half Price)

(EL Centro-Private VIP Party, No Guestlist-No Entry - $10/Half Price Cover)

Both are fun clubs!!!

Originally posted by weyes

i've never met you, so i can't say i know you, but it still amazes me that that seems to be the most important thing to you after all these years bored.gif:woah: .

Didnt see your comment till just now.

No, that's the "most important thing". In fact, if you see the original post, it was a phrase/clause within a sentence addressing an entirely diferent subject.

Irrespective, my friends were very good looking (and I believe their wives would agree too).

I feel there is nothing wrong having a poster complimenting their collective group of friends that were hanging out one night as good looking.

In fact, you never seem to have offense when another poster compliments themselves on a regular basis:

Originally posted by ShortyStar

betcha none of them have a booty like me :P

It's all good. Respectful disagreements are productive :)

Good come back; it pays to be a lawyer.

Originally posted by lalate

Didnt see your comment till just now.

No, that's the "most important thing". In fact, if you see the original post, it was a phrase/clause within a sentence addressing an entirely diferent subject.

Irrespective, my friends were very good looking (and I believe their wives would agree too).

I feel there is nothing wrong having a poster complimenting their collective group of friends that were hanging out one night as good looking.

In fact, you never seem to have offense when another poster compliments themselves on a regular basis:

It's all good. Respectful disagreements are productive :)