Clubplanet Nightlife Community

spirit last night....

what was up with oscar g and falcon last night? they were horrible. i've heard amazing stuff from oscar in the past. there was also no vibe whatsoever last night and the crowd never packed in. kinda empty all night. love the way its set up but nothing goin last night. peace

i agree. i felt no vibe at all, and it was my frist time at spirt.....spirt had no spirt..... there was no mixing at all. too many strobe lights.... feng shui is all wrong..although the people there are beautiful, i think it was a little bit of a "roasted" (too much tanning) "meat market"..the people that work there are really nice, no attitude, i have to give them that credit..... i hear nice things about the place, so i hope that that was a one time thing.

i'm 26...i like tribal, house, some trance and other things...in that order

Originally posted by diezel56gd

what was up with oscar g and falcon last night? they were horrible. i've heard amazing stuff from oscar in the past. there was also no vibe whatsoever last night and the crowd never packed in. kinda empty all night. love the way its set up but nothing goin last night. peace

when i went to spirit a few weeks ago i felt the same exact way for david morales. His set was good not great but the crowd adn teh vibe was just as you guys/girls described. Well no place in nyc right now is 100%perfect so you have to enjoy the parts that are at least good. With that said im goin to spirit on may 1-roger s,may8th -david morales, may22- hector romero satoshi tomiie. I think by the end of may i will have my full opinion on spirit.

i thought spirit was packed last night...thought the music was great, and tons of beautiful girls everywhere...i thought oscar g. and ralph falcon both played great sets...according to all the employees of the club, it was one of the best nights musically they've had there, from the owner to the managers to the bartenders...i thought it was awesome, but thats just my opinion.

I was there last night, first time, and I must say it is a cool place, the opening DJ whomever it was, at like 11pm was playing some great discoey, loungy shit, it was dope..... Falcon and Oscar G, played OK. If owners are saying it is the best night of music, its an opinion, most of the women that go there are beautiful, but the crowd was not into it...

Another thing is, I don't know who is on the lights whether it's a new light guy or someone that just has no clue...... To bright in there, and there are a shitload of lights not even being used in that place, to much blue and purple all night and strobes.....Also if there was a fog machine, for heaven sakes smoke the place out.....

Well Im definitely going to check out Romero and Tomii, at the end of MAY.... Other than that Id say an Ok night there.............

I was at spirit last night .. the music was not bad at all, especially at the end, like 3-5 AM .. it was tribale and progressive .. not bad

many pretty women . but many have nasty attitude .. stuckups is the word ..

the crowd . i duno . i did not feel them at all .. something is missing .. no energy .. lots of "sound-factory" style dancers .. wassup with that .. guys .. get a new style .. can't you see you all dance exactly the same .. ok .. here is a hint .. look at yourself in the mirror .. watch how you dance .. now .. stop dancing .. and look at the rest of the dancers at spirit (not all .. ok!!!) .. and now do you see it .. u r the same exact style ... CHANGE

guards were very nice .. especially .. Tiss .. he is the man .. and yes kid .. we go back in times .. i am so happy to have met you accidently .. but unfortunately i dont think i am going back there .. for a while .. but much love kid .. keep doing what you doing

just to give the crowd credit . there were some dancers who were friendlier, energetic and showed love .. to those .. i say .. much love ..

the MASK

Ok, I haven't been to that many places in the city but this was my first time at Spirit and I wanted to post my thoughts.

Got there at midnight. Had to wait a little bit cause I was by myself, but I was inside in less than 20. Door staff seemed pretty cool as well as the staff inside.

Ok, I've never heard Murk before but I thought they threw down pretty hard. The music wasn't incredible, but I definitely enjoyed it. They kept the crowd going pretty strong till around 4:30 when the place emptied out. It seemed packed, especially upstairs in the hip-hop room, but I'm not sure how the place gets on an average night.

As far as the crowd goes, ok, there wasn't much of a vibe, but as far as I'm concerned, when people say "vibe" I think Arc, and since no place compares that I've been to, I don't even worry about that anymore. As long as I can get into the music, I can have fun no matter how many shitty people are around me. And last night, I really had no complaints people-wise. I hardly got bumped last night by anyone walking by. (im used to getting shoved by idots and guidos so that was a plus.) And I didn't notice anyone really fucked up. It was definitely a swaying-asian free enviornment.

The girls there were pretty friggin hot. I was very impressed with the quality of women. I got to dance with some very sexy girls which upped the enjoyment factor.

And Mask, I spotted you for 2 seconds, and you disappeared before I could come say hello. I agree with you about the way the guidos dance, but dude.... I thank god that the guidos all walk, talk, dance and act the same... if not, I wouldn't be able to get the attention that I do from women. God bless unoriginality.

And of course bro, the hotter the girls, the more stuck up and bitchy on average. How nice would YOU be in the process of fending off an ass-grabbing-molester per second throughout your night? I feel sorry for these poor creatures.

Also, I thought the performers were excellent as well. (C'mon, who didn't love the costumed guy on stilts?) And I wanted to say hello to Brian (or Ryan maybe) who came up to me because he recognized me from Disco on Thursday night. If you're on this board, shoot me a hello.

My apologies for the length.

:clap::bowdown::aright:

ps. can someone make a "smilies" of a "sound factory" dance!!!

Originally posted by dragon0401

the crowd . i duno . i did not feel them at all .. something is missing .. no energy .. lots of "sound-factory" style dancers .. wassup with that .. guys .. get a new style .. can't you see you all dance exactly the same .. ok .. here is a hint .. look at yourself in the mirror .. watch how you dance .. now .. stop dancing .. and look at the rest of the dancers at spirit (not all .. ok!!!) .. and now do you see it .. u r the same exact style ... CHANGE

the MASK

oscar g and falcon were not on at all. i've heard them lay it down many times in the past and sat night was not one of them. everyone has they're own opinion of what they hear. thats not to say that everyone has the same taste, they can hear something and like it. i love oscar g's stuff and i thought he was horrible compared to what i know he can do. thats all. yes, it was a pretty crowd, no vibe at all, but then again its hard to find a vibe here in nyc. i said the place is really nice..love the way its set up. ill probably go back someday for one of my fav djs. by the way, i'm 33. peace

Originally posted by jaybird8521

Ok, I've never heard Murk before but I thought they threw down pretty hard. The music wasn't incredible, but I definitely enjoyed it. They kept the crowd going pretty strong till around 4:30 when the place emptied out. It seemed packed, especially upstairs in the hip-hop room, but I'm not sure how the place gets on an average night.

And Mask, I spotted you for 2 seconds, and you disappeared before I could come say hello. I agree with you about the way the guidos dance, but dude.... I thank god that the guidos all walk, talk, dance and act the same... if not, I wouldn't be able to get the attention that I do from women. God bless unoriginality.

Hey jaybird8521 .. the DJs were not bad like i said .. i never heard them before .. but i thought they were fine especially later in the night .. i am saying that given that i like transe and techno .. and lots of base .. so i'd say DJs did fine ...

for some of the people who heard them .. you guys might disagree comparing their performance to past ones .. for those .. i dont know since i never heard Murk

and Mr. jaybird8521 come say hi next time .. i dont know who is who .. and i am 100% friendly and try to always make friends .. it is all about showing love .. and making friends ..

basically .. if someone wants to dance .. and have the heart for it .. i like to encourage them .. coz that is all that counts ..

and for the "sound factory" style dancers .. all i am saying there is .. take that style .. mix it up a bit .. make it your own .. and be "original" .. then you will have a modified SF style that is yours

peace

the MASK

and Mr. jaybird8521 come say hi next time .. i dont know who is who .. and i am 100% friendly and try to always make friends .. it is all about showing love .. and making friends ..

I'll definitely say hello next time. PM me on fri and let me know where you're gonna be this weekend. I'm leaning towards Avalon on Fri and Centro on Sat to hang with my boys Liquid Todd and Covino. If you're interested in checkin out Fatboy, I might be able to comp you, but I won't know until last minute. Be good.

you alan you shouldve saw me and my boy elicio at arc on fri. There was a group of guidos/sf tpes dancing with that stupid look on their face. So me and him said excuse me lets get a circle they said fine and 2 of them did thier thing. ANd well w did out next and all 9 of them left and said alright guys we get the point lol.

I'll say Murk was good and had fun listening/dancing to them. Yeah I am down with what the Mask said. Lots of similar SF style dancing if not at all. The vibe was a bit stale but the women were hot. Especially the ones that were diggin each other if you know what I mean. *wink* Apparently they were taping that no cover tv on mundo stuff. Too bad I don't get it here in jersey.

And to Silver's Hector Romero is a must. I got that one pinned down on my... Wait that is the same day Picotto is at Avalon. The 22nd. Damnit!

P.S. The Mask is learning the SF style dance so he can fit in. :laugh: :laugh:

I'll definitely say hello next time. PM me on fri and let me know where you're gonna be this weekend. I'm leaning towards Avalon on Fri and Centro on Sat to hang with my boys Liquid Todd and Covino. If you're interested in checkin out Fatboy, I might be able to comp you, but I won't know until last minute. Be good.

Hey jaybird .. on sat i think i will be heading to avalon .. on fri .. i am not sure ..

thanks for the comp invite .. that is quite nice of you .. i might take you on it some day

take care my friend

peace

the MASK

Originally posted by crowina

:clap::bowdown::aright:

ps. can someone make a "smilies" of a "sound factory" dance!!!

that is hillarious what you suggesting .. sooo funny ..

i duno how to make a smilies of SF dancing ..

i will write you the smilie code and someone gotta come up with the actual icons

ok . ready . here we go

:jump: :jump: :stretch both arms in front of you: :bend one arm and then stretch it while u bend the other arm simultaneously: :keep jumping in place: :kick back and forth and don't bend your knees: :alternate legs: :jump: :jump: :move like a cop around yourself: :jump: :jump: :pretend you are directing traffic: :bend one arm and then stretch it while u bend the other arm simultaneously: :jump: :jump: :move like a bodybuilder that is trying to scratch his back without using his arms: kick back and forth and don't bend your knees: :alternate legs: :jump: :jump:

well .. here you have it .. can someone do the icons now???

the MASK

that is hillarious what you suggesting .. sooo funny ..

i duno how to make a smilies of SF dancing ..

i will write you the smilie code and someone gotta come up with the actual icons

ok . ready . here we go

:jump: :jump: :stretch both arms in front of you: :bend one arm and then stretch it while u bend the other arm simultaneously: :keep jumping in place: :kick back and forth and don't bend your knees: :alternate legs: :jump: :jump: :move like a cop around yourself: :jump: :jump: :pretend you are directing traffic: :bend one arm and then stretch it while u bend the other arm simultaneously: :jump: :jump: :move like a bodybuilder that is trying to scratch his back without using his arms: kick back and forth and don't bend your knees: :alternate legs: :jump: :jump:

well .. here you have it .. can someone do the icons now???

the MASK

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:jump: :jump: :stretch both arms in front of you: :bend one arm and then stretch it while u bend the other arm simultaneously: :keep jumping in place: :kick back and forth and don't bend your knees: :alternate legs: :jump: :jump: :move like a cop around yourself: :jump: :jump: :pretend you are directing traffic: :bend one arm and then stretch it while u bend the other arm simultaneously: :jump: :jump: :move like a bodybuilder that is trying to scratch his back without using his arms: kick back and forth and don't bend your knees: :alternate legs: :jump: :jump

You forgot...

:grind unsuspecting girl in groups of four: :look bewildered when they tell you to stop humping their leg: :repeat indefinitely until all women have evacuated premises: :jump: :cockblock: :jump:

You forgot...

:grind unsuspecting girl in groups of four: :look bewildered when they tell you to stop humping their leg: :repeat indefinitely until all women have evacuated premises: :jump: :cockblock: :jump:

hahaha ... yap yap .. u r right ... i see that u have been observing SF dancers .. hehe

peace

the MASK

ok guys. there are a few things that i want to say about ny club scene. first of all nobody sould be in a trans club at 10:30- 11 pm ( like some) cause your're just loosing your time in there till the music and the crowd starts to get cool.

then, i'm very disappointed in the people that go in the ny clubs. it gets to be 4-5 am in the morning to start seeing people that really know how to dance- witch is pretty sad and some times annoying.

than i hate the crowd in avalon -the whole china town- no hard feelings:) and the rest uglly like hell and absolutly no idea about trans or house music. nice,no?

spirit and cro bar have indeed beautifull people inside but u still have to wait till 4-5 in the morning for the show offs to go home and to make some space for the guys how really like the music and love to dance- people like me:) but it pays off every time.we always end up meeting cool people and i love meeting them all over again in diffrent places around the town.

i'll be back to tell u more:)

Originally posted by dorita

than i hate the crowd in avalon -the whole china town- no hard feelings:) and the rest uglly like hell and absolutly no idea about trans or house music. nice,no?

dude .. the china town phenomena is not only in avalon . it already caught few big clubs ..

people in avalon are ugly??? now i kina dont agree with you on this one .. besides .. every person is pretty in their own way .. their attitude .. their personality .. their confidence .. their intelligence ..

but ya .. if u only look at faces .. some ppl might think like u ..

spirit definetly has some pretty girls .. many white girls . but sorry they are way too arrogant .. which makes them uggggggllllllyyyyyyyy

peace

the MASK

peace to u 2

yeah, i agree that the face it's not the most important thing at all in a person, but that is the first thing u notice in a new person-want it or not

and if the pretty girls whould give u more attention on the floor than maybe u would have another oppinion about the whole business.

i don't like don't even look at beautifull ppl that think they are the shit.there's nothing to talk about w/ them and usually they've never really dans trans in their live:)

but i still don't like to be somewhere where there's nothing to check out

u don't have to agree w/ me man

peace to u 2

yeah, i agree that the face it's not the most important thing at all in a person, but that is the first thing u notice in a new person-want it or not

and if the pretty girls whould give u more attention on the floor than maybe u would have another oppinion about the whole business.

i don't like don't even look at beautifull ppl that think they are the shit.there's nothing to talk about w/ them and usually they've never really dans trans in their live:)

hmmm .. u got a point .. but i'd rather check out from a distance .. but those who i approach i am sure they are down-to-earth ..

i usually watch and observe .. and if some of those girls are turning down many guys .. then i dont try it .. coz i dont wana be disappointed or turned down .. not that it does not happen . but i have lots of pride, if u will ...

but then again . i did approach some of those arrogants girls . .just to turn them down too later ... hehe .. so may be .. just may be .. they can feel how others feel ..

the MASK

peace to u 2

yeah dorita:) you go girl;)