Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Picking up a Bike

MRJR

So I'm going to get my permit at lunch today and maybe picking up a bike in a week or two. Not to sure witch one I'll be getting maybe going witht he Honda. Maybe going a little small I tried driving the 1000 this weekend over my buddies house and was a little to much.

Jay:D

Originally posted by MRJR

So I'm going to get my permit at lunch today and maybe picking up a bike in a week or two. Not to sure witch one I'll be getting maybe going witht he Honda. Maybe going a little small I tried driving the 1000 this weekend over my buddies house and was a little to much.

Jay:D

pussy..how much do you weigh?

Dont get a 600 cause you'll regret it.....or spend a lot of money tweakin it like i did with my first bike.

katana 600 with a 750 motor in it bored out to almost 900

sickkkk

sprockets, kits the whole 9 yards

then got a ninja zx-9

then an r-6

then an r-1

then a gixxer 9

been through a lot of bikes

Originally posted by stymie

katanas areent even real bikes.

sprockets are not tweaking a bike. nos kits and titanium top ends are.

gixxer 9's do not exist anymore.

whatever u do, buy a suzuki.

id start with a 6 if its your 1st bike.

katana with a 750 bored out is tweakin and its more bike than some other mopeds out there.

Ill dig up some slips from englishtown.

gixxer 9 did exist in 96

why just suziki?

what about the R1? Thats a fuckin sick bike.

Yam's are nice. kawa's not bad.

Id do a triumph daytona.

plenty of quality bikes.

As for starting with a 6 I HIGHLY disagree...you'll get bored and outgrow it in a month.

So I passed:D Not looking to kill myself with the 1000. I been riding for a little over a year and I like the 600's. I can ride 954 but the 600 will do for know. Plus I'm getting one used for a good price from a friend.

Jay.

CBR600R_large_03.jpg

You won't get bored with a 600 in a month.. it'll last you a few years atleast, I've seen R6's smoke R1's and gixxers, you don't want to be one of those guys with all the power but can't ride for shit. Starting off with a 1000 is dumb... start off with a 2nd hand bike, you're going to fall no matter what if you're a beginner, its not worth paying up the ass for a new bike and then constantly fixing it every week. People who start off on less powerful bikes tend to be better riders in the long run.

Originally posted by MRJR

So I passed:D Not looking to kill myself with the 1000. I been riding for a little over a year and I like the 600's. I can ride 954 but the 600 will do for know. Plus I'm getting one used for a good price from a friend.

Jay.

CBR600R_large_03.jpg

its nice but its just not enough bike.

SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD BABY WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Originally posted by trigger55

You won't get bored with a 600 in a month.. it'll last you a few years atleast, I've seen R6's smoke R1's and gixxers, you don't want to be one of those guys with all the power but can't ride for shit. Starting off with a 1000 is dumb... start off with a 2nd hand bike, you're going to fall no matter what if you're a beginner, its not worth paying up the ass for a new bike and then constantly fixing it every week. People who start off on less powerful bikes tend to be better riders in the long run.

some people outgro their bikes in no time tho. I started riding dirtbikes at 9 mopeds at 12 and 13. by 15 i had a moped thatwe bored out in high school power mechanics class with a muffler from holland no restriction and that shit did 65 mph. my 600 was a waste. r6 is a good bike Ill give it that. It takes 750's and it also dpends on the rider.

as for your commment about r6's smokin r1's and gixxers, race sport racers are 500 cc motors tweaked to perform, so thats not a good analogy.

Had a friend with a hyabusa motor in a r6 and let me tell you he couldnt keep that shit on the ground when he hit the throttle

When I was 15 I hit a tree head on probably about 10 feet up in the air in a Bashee going about 50-55.

I didnt get knocked out but when I looked over at my arm, 2 bones were sticking out of the skin and my hand got pushed up under them. Damn that was fucking painful.

I seriousley thought I was gonna lose my hand or arm. Blood was all over the place. I almost puked it hurt so much and I was seeing stars until I got to the hospital.

I had a fucking cast all summer long, what a waiste.

true.. the same thing happened to me. I started off on dirtbikes when I was pretty young and then upgraded to a 600 kawasaki.. sold it 3-4 months later because I outgrew it pretty quickly. For someone with no experience though I would definitely not go above 600cc as your first bike, especially now that 600's are pretty fuckin powerful.. starting out young like we did is a huge advantage, you just learn faster and when you're young and stupid you make every possible mistake to learn from by the time you get on a 1000+ bike.