Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Halo @ Nerve

Bling

First of all I want to thank Vaughnz for being so kind to myself and my lovely guests (flaca and housekitty) for placing us on his list. I also got to thank Jon Cowan for once again bringing to this city QUALITY HOUSE MUSIC. Halo like brian tappart and julius knight two weeks back blew me away. Jon always a pleasure. Nerve is the straight up shit the past few months, hopefully more and more of you come out to support the club as well as lust4house parties cuz they are doin it right :)

Shoutouts.

1. housekitty - we havent hung in a while and it was so awesome to go with you tonite to hear HALO. i knew you would love it

2. Flaca- so awesome to meet ya sweetie. Digital Phoenix told me how nice u were. ur def all that and more. great meeting ya. sad you left so soon hope u had fun at space :)

3. Phillipio- ok ok i admit it mofo I Love this fuckin soulful house stuff IT DEF IS BEGINNING MY CONVERSION TO LOVE THIS STYLE OF HOUSE AS MUCH AS PROGRESSIVE TRANCE (fuckin off the hook awesome stuff)

4. SHeldon- great seeing u again. ur set amazing (when u dropped that I have a dream track. OMFG I DIED X 100)

5. Juan Mejia- man you are down as hell. pleasure to talk to ya. kinda disappointed u didnt spin tonite but that gave us the chance to talk. thanks for giving me ur card. Everyone def come out and support this man at his residency at Nerve. He brings it big time :)

6. Crzy C - damn u loved this stuff as much as I was i think so good to see ya two days in a row . i feel very lucky :)

7. Antonio -(co*****kie san juan guy)- nice too meet ya. ur gonna party ur ass off tonite with carisa from nerve to privilege to space.

hardcore bastard :)

8. Jimmy T- omfg jimmy u da man. pimpin in that suit. and above it all arriving in style with that drop dead gorgeous woman by your side. You my hero :) all i got to say is JImmy is the man

9. Housedivision- nice to meet ya finally. one day ill drop by the whitelaw for sure

10. macboy- finally you show up dawg better late then never

11. sami- nice to see ya again

12. Mark Vane

13. VAughnz - once again thanks for everything

14. jon cowan- keep it up :)

15. freshman00- good meetin ya

REview of nite

so i get there around 11 or so and myself housekitty and phillipio are chillin waiting for flaca whos stuck in traffic. so we go inside and some guy from the lust crew is tearing it up . Flaca shows up and were all dancing and having fun by the bar.

Sheldon then takes the decks and rips it the fuck up. second time ive seen sheldon and amazing amazing amazing. :) I loved when u dropped that I have a dream track. one of my all time favorite house acapellas.

Then Halo came on and OMFG i died. Phillipio serious as shit I WILL DEF LISTEN TO YOUR ADVICE WHEN IT COMES TO WHAT SOULFUL HOUSE AND WEST COAST HOUSE DJS TO COME HEAR

still hate it when u talk shit about the trance scene though :tongue:

awesome night overall. i left around 3 am. on the way home by the airport omfg scary stuff. this car slammed into the wall on the other side of the barrier and it actually lifted off the ground and sparks came out everywhere. so scary. myself and housekitty were stunned.

anyways great nite. good seeing everyone that was there. :)

So when we first walked in, the vibe was great... Cecil was spinning some chilled out soulful house music to set the mood... Vaughan and Sheldon were floating around the club doing their usual meet & greet business! Admittedly, I had never heard Vargas spin before but he picked up and kept that rare house vibe going!!! And Sheldon's ecclectic selection of deep & soul-hitting gems?... Time after time, he doesn't disappoint!!! I think the seminal moment was when he dropped Simon's 'Free at Last' accapella!!! And I'm not sure who played it but my ear caught the 'Paradise Garage' accapella!!! Nasty soul right there!!! :D

I was a bit disappointed that Juan Mejia didn't spin but it was nice to see so many local dj's and industry folk out tonight... Ben, Juan, Mark Vane, Vaughan, Mitch, Jon Cowan, Jimmy T., John Corradi (housedivision) on his bathroom break, Joe Budious, Thomas, Sami, Seth Shore, et. al.!!!

Then Halo took over the booth. This was the first time I heard him spin on his own... All other times have been with Hipp-E. Clearly, he managed exceptionally well!!! Nothing but choice house drenched with funk and sprinkled with all the vocals and inspiration that house music should encompass!!! Just pure class!!! :D Record after record of pure bliss!!! :) He played clear until 4:30!!! Halo played his heart out and I thoroughly enjoyed every record groove of it!!! It just made sense!!! You could tell where he was going... These days, this kind of cohesiveness and communication with the dancefloor are just rare!!! Yet another education in real house music... I have to agree with Bling that lately, Nerve's been seeking out uncompromised and subtle talent without having to rely on the up-front pop hype!!!

And that's one thing that it seems Miami will always be slow to understand...

I often get the feeling that real talent is falling on deaf ears!!! Short of WMC. this scene is not entirely ready for dj's of Halo's caliber. Thanks Lust crew, Jon Cowan, and everyone else who helped put this night together!!! :bowdown:

you know the saying----

'HOUSE IS A FEELING"

Halo"s set had me in the clouds last night! The guy was dropping some serious funk that had me locked in his groove for a good 2 hours! This is the kind of house that takes me to another level, and i must say the biggest suprise of the night for me was

SHELDON! Sheldon, Im your new fan, bro! Sheldon had me groovin thru his whole set.....im very impressed...i need more! NIce to see everyone who I dont need to name because bling and Phil have already named everyone, and thanks Jon Cowan for your hospitality and bringing in this great talent for us househeads! :D

First of all I would like to thank the academy, my mother for giving birth to me… STOP!!! This is not an award it’s a THANK YOU and review thread…. See this is what happens when you hang out with phillipio, you get fkd up in the head!

Bling and Vaughnz, what can I say but THANK YOU so much for the hook up!

Bling you’re just too funny had a great time, thanks again!

Ok so I stop at the Liquor store to buy a couple of little bottles of JWB because you know I’m damn poor right now, and well you could never go wrong with $2.99 JWB shots. So I get my bottles and head on to SOBE, just driving along loving life singing out loud, people driving by like “la vieja esa esta loca!â€. Anywho, so I get off of 836 and BAM! The worst traffic I have ever encountered going to SOBE at freaking 10:30 PM. Grrr, so I call Bling and I get directions from phillipio for another route (thanks dude! I still think you’re an asshole hehehe) So I make my U’ie and hop on the tuttle, get there fine. Bling tells me “just tell the guy at the door FLACA, you’re on the list†I said “okayâ€. Get to the door I tell the guy I’m on the list he asks me my name I say “FLACA†lol, he looks at me weird and says “huh?†I said yeah Bling put me on the list as “FLACA†well the guy finally finds it and let’s me in.

I walk around and see Bling, introduced myself gave him a hug, I swear I thought I broke a bone in his body, el flaco ese lol. He went on to introduce me to a couple of people throughout the night, can’t remember all your names, but it was nice getting to at least meet some of you. Housekitty was really nice, it was great meeting you girl.

Bling you did not leave at 3:00 cause I left like at 3:15. All of that soberness is affecting you. LOL

So I left thinking I was going to SPACE. Yeah right, I have turned into such a partying rookie that all I could think of was PIZZA! LOL, so I grabbed some and headed home like a good little girl.

For the record, I am a bit shy when I first meet people, so I apologize if I wasn’t a social butterfly.

Thanks again guys I had a great time!

PS: The music was simply amazing!

:D

Absolutely amazing music last night. didnt want to leave but had prior obligations to another party but trust me NOTHING could beat that vibe or those beats last night!!! Thanks again to the Lust Crew...might have to check out your parties more often.

Sheldon, nice to finally meet you. :D

Flaca: "See this is what happens when you hang out with philippio, you get fkd up in the head!"

philippio: :licker:

Flaca (directed to philippio): "thanks dude! I still think you’re an asshole hehehe!"

philippio: then take a moment to think about this :finger:! sheeesh! newbies these days! I tell ya! :D

CrzyC: "...didnt want to leave but had prior obligations to another party..."

philippio: You didn't want to, but you did!:chainsaw: And you forgot to pick up the cd's from my car! :doh:

Originally posted by houze-kitty

you know the saying----

'HOUSE IS A FEELING"

Halo"s set had me in the clouds last night! The guy was dropping some serious funk that had me locked in his groove for a good 2 hours! This is the kind of house that takes me to another level, and i must say the biggest suprise of the night for me was

SHELDON! Sheldon, Im your new fan, bro! Sheldon had me groovin thru his whole set.....im very impressed...i need more! NIce to see everyone who I dont need to name because bling and Phil have already named everyone, and thanks Jon Cowan for your hospitality and bringing in this great talent for us househeads! :D

about sheldon couldnt agree more. im def goin out to opium very soon to see vaughanz and sheldon spin. both times ive heard sheldon and he has blown me the fuck away. amazing uplifting danceable feel good house :) THIS IS HOUSE AT ITS BEST PEOPLE :)

Originally posted by Bling

glad you had a blast next week ur goin to ferry corsten with us at space. u want insanity ull get it next week even though trance is not ur cup of tea :) had a blast with everyone last nite :)

:bounce: :bounce:

Yo, Yo ,Yo!

HALO was great! (Sofla sucks! j/k)

Had nice early crowd, Cecil was doing a killer job while the peeps started rolling in! Sheldon and I had to go pick up Halo at the hotel and when we got back, the room was filling up just nice. Sheldon went on and did his deep and soulful magic that never ceases to impress me! :aright:

HALO went on and came out swingin'! He started out with a nice dubby sound that one might expect from the old H-Foundation days and got everyone's attention. He then gave of a taste of the new sound of Brian "HALO" Varga which was a bit more along the sounds of some of his latest productions with Jay-J et. al.!!! Very nice, deep and funky jams with just enough vocals to keep everyone happy! On top of his obvious talent as a dj and producer... Brian "Halo" Varga is also a SUPER cool person and down-to-earth guy... "just doing what they love.. making music for the people!" The room looked like a name that local dj show... with a bunch of our favorite local jocks turning out to show their support... Mark Vane, Ben Grassini, John Corradi, Jon Cowan, Sammy-O, and the whole Aquabooty camp was also there to support!

All in all, it was a great night. I just think South Florida is having some trouble figuring out whether they want to go listen to the music they love or go somewhere where they might get their picture taken for the people and places section of Ocean Drive. Til next time!

Thanks to all of our GREAT friends who truly are the reasons we keep doing these parties! And to all the freinds that show up each week to help set-up, hang-up stuff, pass-out flyers and all the little things that DON'T go unnoticed! We thank you and love you all and couldn't do it without you! It was also great seeing CrzyC, Antonio(CJ), Bling, Phillipio, Houze-Kitty and meeting Flaca! Thanks for your reviews and even more importantly, thanks for the support!!! ;)