Clubplanet Nightlife Community

saddam hussein ... what a swell guy... Timeline

shroomy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONCE AGAIN THE PROPOGANDA MACHINE WORKING

IRAQ SHOULD NOT BE CONFUSED WITH AFGANISTAN!!

The US supported Bin Laden and the Musuhadin (how do you spell it? Holy Warriors) fighting against the Russians in Afganistan

US Supported Saddam against Iran

DO YOU SEE WHAT THEY ARE DOING PEOPLE!!

Originally posted by mrjoebudious

ONCE AGAIN THE PROPOGANDA MACHINE WORKING

IRAQ SHOULD NOT BE CONFUSED WITH AFGANISTAN!!

The US supported Bin Laden and the Musuhadin (how do you spell it? Holy Warriors) fighting against the Russians in Afganistan

ONCE AGAIN THE PROPAGANDA MACHINE WORKING

How? Please elaborate.

IRAQ SHOULD NOT BE CONFUSED WITH AFGHANISTAN!!

Confused? How so? Both harbor terrorist and we are @ war against terror,,,Right???Please explain that "talking point".

The US supported Bin Laden and the Musuhadin (how do you spell it? Holy Warriors) fighting against the Russians in Afghanistan

DING, DING, DING......and?????????/ Russia was the Enemy, NOT UBL. Your point is???????

DING, DING, DING......and?????????/ Russia was the Enemy, NOT UBL. Your point is???????

Yeah, fighting terrorist,,Why???How do you see it???? Please explain.

Guest saleen351

btw, for those who say iraq is a mess, which is incorrect, it's a 2 city issue, in which all the citizens are gone, only ones left are the fighters who are getting hammered and we haven't begun to fight yet, however you have to look longgggggggggggggg term, not short term. A free iraq is a better for the world. plain and simple. What if sadam got his nuke? then what? the same group that opposed the war now, would cry " why didn't we take him out!!!??"

do we really want a north korea in the middle east???? WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Originally posted by saleen351

btw, for those who say iraq is a mess, which is incorrect, it's a 2 city issue, in which all the citizens are gone, only ones left are the fighters who are getting hammered and we haven't begun to fight yet, however you have to look longgggggggggggggg term, not short term. A free iraq is a better for the world. plain and simple. What if sadam got his nuke? then what? the same group that opposed the war now, would cry " why didn't we take him out!!!??"

do we really want a north korea in the middle east???? WAKE UP PEOPLE!

:blank: ....Your the stereotypical american in much of the worlds view .

Obby

1. u edited your post. It does not show what you first wrote.

You said Russian Communists in your first post. Confusing Iraq and Afganistan. To prove it, the post after yours corrected you to the fact it was Iran. It now reads Iran. My comments were based on your first post. Not the edited version.

2.The propaganda machine wants you to confuse The war on Terror (IE Taliban 9/11 afganistan) with Saddan Hussein(WMD).

It worked on you. You made to common link when they are not linked regarding us going to war In Iraq. I just made a point to that.

That is how propaganda works, and it worked on you (not denying you have since fixed your error),

3. How does one man, who learned some chemical training in Iraq who 2 weeks ago got busted to attack an embassy in Jordan have anything to do with The President of the United States telling The US Senate and its People, The Secretary of State giving proof to the United Nations and the World, that Saddam is a REAL threat to the United States. Knowledge is not a REAL threat. We knew he had the weapons for a long time in the past but even those pose no threat to the United States, only Iraq's neighbors. Does this make any sence to you. This guy in Jordan has nothing to do with 160,000 soldiers going to WAR IN IRAQ, to oust SADDAM HUSSEIN from power.

And hey, when I'm right I'm right and when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Your opinion is yours so no problem.

Only time will tell what will be the real result of all this.

All we are saying, is give peace a chance!!

Guest saleen351

Saleen, Also in Fallujah, there are 200,000 civilians still in the city.

thats two hundred thousand still there

answer my question about him trying to get a nuke... you can't!

you misguided idiots want to let him do what ever he wants, then we have to put him back in his cage again, which costs more lives.. nip it in the bud.. Bush did the right thing. look long term.

but if he got a nuke, and went out kamakaze style, then we are all in trouble...

answer my question about him trying to get a nuke... you can't!

you misguided idiots want to let him do what ever he wants, then we have to put him back in his cage again, which costs more lives.. nip it in the bud.. Bush did the right thing. look long term.

but if he got a nuke, and went out kamakaze style, then we are all in trouble...

http://www.iaea.org type "Iraq" into the search. read and educate yourself! ;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

http://www.iaea.org type "Iraq" into the search. read and educate yourself! ;)

i went to the site..

but lets play the old "Did you know" game

Did you know the US taxpayers pay for security of former USSR nukes, so they don't get stolen or sold??

Did you know US taxpayers pay for USSR scietists to do nothing, so they don't work for Iraq?

Did you know north korea and iraq were trying to make a deal for nukes?

Did you know if it wasn't for the first gulf war, he probably would have his Nukes?

Did you know while the killing of us solidiers is horrible, they signed up for the job, and in the long run, this war will prevent a future generation of us soldiers from dieing over there?

Wait, let me guess, when Sadam dies, his sons were gonna treat humans much better. :laugh:

i went to the site..

but lets play the old "Did you know" game

Did you know the US taxpayers pay for security of former USSR nukes, so they don't get stolen or sold??

Did you know US taxpayers pay for USSR scietists to do nothing, so they don't work for Iraq?

Did you know north korea and iraq were trying to make a deal for nukes?

Did you know if it wasn't for the first gulf war, he probably would have his Nukes?

Did you know while the killing of us solidiers is horrible, they signed up for the job, and in the long run, this war will prevent a future generation of us soldiers from dieing over there?

Wait, let me guess, when Sadam dies, his sons were gonna treat humans much better. :laugh:

you didn't read the information did you?? that's okay...

here is part 2 of the reading assignment :Poll: Iraqis conflicted about war, its impact

did you actually read this back to yourself after you typed it??

I'll leave your "did you know" questions unanswered, because had you read and sourced the information on the site I sent you to. then the questions would really be a mute point. unless, you're trying to impress me with your wittiness..;)

OK.... on a tangent.

I totally respect everyones opinion.

but I am going to ask the same question that I have before and no one has answered.

For those of you who totally oppose the war. (btw, I oppose all war, I just opose the slaughter of innocent people more)

1) what should we have done?

What sort of precident does it set to let someone invade a country, not abide by the terms of cease fire for over a decade, slaughter his own people, loot his own country, try to kill a US president after he is out of office.... etc..

2) If you lived in Iraq, what would you have wanted the US to do?

1. What should we have done.

In regards to Iraq, nothing but was already being done. Keep claming down, pressure, pressure, pressure. Keep denying Iraq any real growth. Hold Saddam down. What he was doing to his people is their business. What Fidel does to his people is his business. Sure we have sanctions, as we did on Iraq, Are we invading Cuba?

We should have focused on Afganistan (which most of the world including France and Germany backed up ousting the Taliban)

@. If I were in Iraq, I would think that there is nothing America can do to help me.

Really, why do we all of a sudden care what they think?

PROP A GANDA!!! We don't care about 800,000 africans dying in 100 days, you are falling for the bullshit. It is trying to justify this war. This war was presented because of a threat by a dictator in Iraq that threatens the USA. Not to free a bunch of Iraqis.

UN Resolution that was used was entirely based on noncompliance of searching/ cooperation on WMD's.

Nothing there says anything about regime change.

Open your understanding here people. You have and are being misled.

1. What should we have done.

In regards to Iraq, nothing but was already being done. Keep claming down, pressure, pressure, pressure. Keep denying Iraq any real growth. Hold Saddam down. What he was doing to his people is their business. What Fidel does to his people is his business. Sure we have sanctions, as we did on Iraq, Are we invading Cuba?

We should have focused on Afganistan (which most of the world including France and Germany backed up ousting the Taliban)

@. If I were in Iraq, I would think that there is nothing America can do to help me.

Really, why do we all of a sudden care what they think?

PROP A GANDA!!! We don't care about 800,000 africans dying in 100 days, you are falling for the bullshit. It is trying to justify this war. This war was presented because of a threat by a dictator in Iraq that threatens the USA. Not to free a bunch of Iraqis.

UN Resolution that was used was entirely based on noncompliance of searching/ cooperation on WMD's.

Nothing there says anything about regime change.

Open your understanding here people. You have and are being misled.

you took the words right out of my mouth. Good reply, although I think it will fall on death ears. ;)

I will "try" ... as one can't straighten a bent tree ...

Saddam is gone .. should had been gone in 1992 ... no one wanted a dictator of the kind he is ... but ...

Going in, the way we went, unilaterally with a handful of countries, only will hurt us in the long run ... the increment of potential terrorists increases. Why? Common!

Let me ask you guys a question ... if anyone can give me the dollar amount ... how much does a bomb cost to make ... a simple ass bomb that one of this fanatics can carry inside a mall or a Walmart and kill a handful?? Isn't this what we see in Israel happening? What can the US army to do to stop this?

Had a coallition led by the UN gone in ... that potential increment of terrorists would be signigicantly lower or non-existant.

That is why people who oppossed the war oppossed it. In the rush of acting and re-ordering the Middle East to our best interest, we forgot of issues of making this land safer in the long run.

A couple of weeks ago, Sharon met with Bush and changed US policy of nearly three decades there. How do Palestinians and Arabs feel? Do decisions like this increase the chances of hate to America? I believe so.

Needless to say that the same person who met with Bush, Sharon, was kicked out of his role as Minister of Defense in Israel in the early eighties after the massacres in Lybia. We punish what we want to see.

We can control public opinion in America ... but the world is far bigger than our 50 states ... the views are very much different everywhere else.

We are the world power. We can bomb the hell out of most, if not all, nations. We want to drive big cars, as Matas said a few days ago, so whatever we need to do we should. For Gods sake ... we are moving so much to the right as a civilized population that scares me. History will judge, as it has judged ... hopefully we will learn.

Republicans are not the problem. Is leadership who leans on the biggest military force to act as the "macho" instead of reasoning and analyzing pros and cons for the long-run best interest.

Lastly, I hope the failure of the Intelligence community regarding WMD teaches Cuban Americans of this generation that Kennedy was not as bad as they have been told.

Prudence and patience are a virtue.

2.The propaganda machine wants you to confuse The war on Terror (IE Taliban 9/11 afganistan) with Saddan Hussein(WMD).

It worked on you. You made to common link when they are not linked regarding us going to war In Iraq. I just made a point to that.

That is how propaganda works, and it worked on you (not denying you have since fixed your error),

According to who? You? Jordanian state television just recently aired confessions from Al-Qaida terrorists they arrested who were planning on detonating chemical bombs (vx- aka WMD's) probably killing up to 80,000 Jordanians. These Al-Qaida terrorist confessed to have had chemical weapons training in Iraq prior to the U.S. invasion. They claimed to have met w/ the top Al-Qaida guy in Iraq. So, WMD's transferred to Jordan through Syria which just so happens to border Iraq means nothing to you? Their confessions on state T.V. in Jordan make that link. Is this propaganda as well? Seems like you're being a little intellectually dishonest about this. I'm assuming you have no problem w/ us attacking/invading Afghanistan. We were attacking Al-Qaida. Al-Qaida in on every continent. I'm assuming you would have been against invading Pakistan as well (also crawling w/ Al-Qaida). Your problem is Iraq. You're against going into Iraq. So, my point by bringing up Pakistan is you probably would be against invading them as well. Sounds like your picking and choosing which country we can or cannot invade. This is a war on terror. America was warned this will be a long, long war which will be fought on multiple fronts. What is it about that which you don't understand? You know what you know,,,,,,HOW? Are your "contacts" better than that of our CIA or the U.K.'s or the U.N.'s????????? All of them along w/ our congress ALL AGREED W/ THE THREAT SADDAM POSED. The disagreement w/ in the U.N. and some in congress was about invading Iraq, not about the threat it posed. Those critics believed a diplomatic solution was plausible. After 12 yrs and 17 resolutions, this admin along w/ over 30 nations believe diplomacy had failed and force would be needed. Those are the facts, in a nutshell. The only propaganda I read here is your baseless slant and myopic perception of reality. SPIN BABY, SPIN!

3. How does one man, who learned some chemical training in Iraq who 2 weeks ago got busted to attack an embassy in Jordan have anything to do with The President of the United States telling The US Senate and its People, The Secretary of State giving proof to the United Nations and the World, that Saddam is a REAL threat to the United States. Knowledge is not a REAL threat. We knew he had the weapons for a long time in the past but even those pose no threat to the United States, only Iraq's neighbors. Does this make any sence to you. This guy in Jordan has nothing to do with 160,000 soldiers going to WAR IN IRAQ, to oust SADDAM HUSSEIN from power.

Again, according to who? Who do you think you are? You base you OPINION on what facts? You seem to forget that the threat Iraq posed was made clear by the majority of congress (including Hillary, Tom Daschel, John Kerry, etc..), Bill Clinton and his entire admin and that congress, the U.N., Hans Blix, Saddam himself, etc..etc..etc.... The conflict in the U.N. was the veto threat from France and Russia who we now know were raping the Iraq people w/ the help of Saddam w/ the Oil for Food program. So much for them. Look like they were just covering their asses. Iraqi newspapers have published a list of world leaders who personally profited from the scam. Guess who's not on that list? Bush and Cheney! This is not made up, IT'S FACT! You seem to be repeating DNC talking points about Bush lying??? This is just silly. Based on what? Amuse me, please. I can't believe this even has to be elaborated on. If you don't believe this, IT'S CAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO, NOT BECAUSE IT'S UNTRUE. If you're soooooooo sure, PROVE IT! PROVE TO ME HOW AND WHY Iraq has nothing to do w/ this war on terror. PROVE IT! I've given a sample of concrete, documented facts and events to back up my position. BACK YOURS UP! So far, all I hear is NEWS FROM THE GRASSY KNOLL. Conspiracy this, conspiracy that...............

And hey, when I'm right I'm right and when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Your opinion is yours so no problem.

Only time will tell what will be the real result of all this.

All we are saying, is give peace a chance!!

We did give peace a chance. Saddam chose this path. Where you absent those days? Besides, clear thinkers ALL know peace is always and has always been governed by the threat or use of force. You too are entitled to your opinion, but a little advice...........USE LESS HEART AND MORE BRAINS on this issue, it's impact and importance should all become crystal clear.