Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Darren Emerson Josh Wink rollcall

i think i'm down for some darren emerson action.. i heard some of his shit at a friends house once.. sounded like my kind of house.. maybe ill download some shit and make up my mind tonight... any sets/tracks to keep an eye on?

it's too bad he has to share the stage with josh wink.. bleh

Originally posted by oldtimer

i think i'm down for some darren emerson action.. i heard some of his shit at a friends house once.. sounded like my kind of house.. maybe ill download some shit and make up my mind tonight... any sets/tracks to keep an eye on?

it's too bad he has to share the stage with josh wink.. bleh

theres no new sets of his out there...believe it or not his live sets u DL dont sounds anything like his shit out in clubs now or days anyway...just take my word for it...he fuckin rocks

Originally posted by joecrack13

anyone else besides me?...well actually im only going for Darren...my favorite DJ out there...guy fuckin rockssssss

me goin..but more to hear mr. wink. need my dose of chuuunky techno.

look for the guy wearing an "I Heart Conde Nast" t-shirt.

Originally posted by michy47

How do you describe Darren Emerson's music? I am pretty sure I heard him in Ibiza last summer. Possible?

His Styles: Techno, Club/Dance, Trance, House

He best known for his groundbreaking work with electronic trio Underworld, DJ Darren Emerson was born April 30, 1971 in Hornchurch, England and began mixing records at the age of 14. Originally influenced by hip-hop, he soon began exploring house music, but was working as a runner in London's stock exchange when he joined the Underworld lineup in 1990. Emerson's addition inspired the group's turn towards techno, and with the 1993 release of Dubnobasswithmyheadman Underworld emerged as one of the leaders of the electronica movement, scoring their commercial breakthrough with the Trainspotting soundtrack contribution "Born Slippy." A noted remixer, Emerson also retooled tracks from acts including Bjork and the Chemical Brothers in addition to releasing solo collections like 1997's Cream Separates; he left Underworld in the spring of 2000, releasing the Global Underground: Uruguay mix soon after. The Singapore mix appeared the next summer.

Originally posted by michy47

How do you describe Darren Emerson's music? I am pretty sure I heard him in Ibiza last summer. Possible?

u probably did...he played at Pacha at his Underwater party every Tuesday....it was my best night out when i saw him...he totally destroyed that freakin place