Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wtf R The D N B Heads??????

mazer345

I'll be at that show, supporting my BeatCampCrew of course, but I'll be in the patio doing my 130 BPM thing. I'm sure the inside will be rammed with junglists as always ... and you may catch a few people from CP there ... there are some old school BeatCamp heads that lurk on here and come out every blue moon, too. Look for me on the patio and I'll point them out to you.

I still love me some jungle ....I started spinning jungle first actually and moved over to house...couldn't fight that love for the 4/4. I still spin jungle at home and incorporate a lot of the jungle type cuts and drops into my house sets. Grew up listening to Danny the wildchild, phantom 45, Snuggles and 3D...for a while I was totally into that part of the scene back home in Chicago...but soon after I started spinning that house music just kicked me in the ass and said what the fuck do you think you are doing!

i got nothign against any other type of electronic music so i keep my comments to myself... I just love jungle for the high energy non repatative beats... 2 me @ least i can only take so much of the 4/4... not to mention anything other than drum and bass is alot easyier to spin... ALso d n b has the mc!!!!! Thats what makes it so fn 2 go see live.

i got nothign against any other type of electronic music so i keep my comments to myself... I just love jungle for the high energy non repatative beats... 2 me @ least i can only take so much of the 4/4... not to mention anything other than drum and bass is alot easyier to spin... ALso d n b has the mc!!!!! Thats what makes it so fn 2 go see live.

I never really bought into that any one type of music is easier or harder to spin...I can throw down jungle just the same as I would a house set. I actually read an article way back in the day when jungle and DnB was just starting to get really recognized...damn probably back in like 93-94 and it went into that jungle and DnB was actually created with the DJ in mind and that it should be easier to pick up on. I don't know about anyone esle but I do find the faster the BPM of a genre the easier it is for me to spin. Mark Farina has even talked about how music at more downtempo speeds is tougher to spin and make danceable than any other music out there.... it requires more patience and a better ear to select tracks that won't get redundant and boring. I guess it goes into mine and hopefully others philosophy that spinning shouldn't just be just about matching beats and going through record after record...that is the very basic essential, but more so how those tracks are placed in a set and what you do to each individual track to make it your own while in the mix. There is nothing that bores me more than to hear a DJ just spin in and out of tracks with no personal touch on any of the records. I do feel ya on the MC tip though..its something that has always appealed to me...and in the same sense live vocals or instruments...there is just something more organic and earthy to the sound. I have heard some MCs do shit over house music and it has sounded pretty bad ass. Not to mention The Jungle Brothers do encorporate a house flavor into what they do and in turn house Djs have always taken a liking to re-worked mixes with an MC aspect to it.

Im not heavily into DnB, but I'll def. go listen to some proper DJ's... seen LTJ Bukem when he was here.. I think High Contrast is fuckin fantastic... Fabio is great.. I used to listen to Mikey Finn, Grooverider, Aphrodite and Jumpin Jack Frost back in the day..

Im not heavily into DnB, but I'll def. go listen to some proper DJ's... seen LTJ Bukem when he was here.. I think High Contrast is fuckin fantastic... Fabio is great.. I used to listen to Mikey Finn, Grooverider, Aphrodite and Jumpin Jack Frost back in the day..

Jumpin Jack Frost is bomb! I like all the guys you mentioned. I really like Dillinja too. Also Ed Rush and Optical, Adam F and less known duo (don't know if they are still on the circuit) Mental Power. One is an MC and the other a DJ. I have to say Danny The Wildchild is my all time favorite...its the Hip-Hop element he brings in so flawlessly that I love. Plus he is just amazing behind the decks.

danny tha wildchild :bowdown:

i'll mos def be @ this party.......we went last year and it kicked ass although for me, craze stole the show(like always)...... to bad he wont be there this time around. hopefully more cp will be out...

POTD parties are always dope. my favorite one was in STL a couple years back....sick sick sick warehouse party.....

Guest brwneydtrouble

Beatcamp always throws a great party. Ive been to a few at I/O and always had a great time. I might swing by, Danny let me know if you go! Ill tag along.