Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a comment about the iraqi prisoner thing

drsatan

is it me or is this a little wierd....

some AMERICAN CITIZENS (not military) are taken hostage, killed, and thier bodies are strung up and mutilated. the AMERICAN MEDIA gives this about a couple of days worth of coverage.

now there is this whole thing with the iraqi prisoners...now im not saying that the abuse was right but the AMERICAN MEDIA IS MILKING IT TO DEATH..

come on..........

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its become a can of worms..

i think its the fact that our top level govt knew about the abuse & the pix back in january.. & only addressed it after CBS finally got ahold of the photos...

now its one big PR show to save themselves & bush's re-election...

even blair in the UK is being asked to resign by his party...

crazy stuff

some AMERICAN CITIZENS (not military) are taken hostage, killed, and thier bodies are strung up and mutilated. the AMERICAN MEDIA gives this about a couple of days worth of coverage.

now there is this whole thing with the iraqi prisoners...now im not saying that the abuse was right but the AMERICAN MEDIA IS MILKING IT TO DEATH..

come on..........

i agree greg .. wtf is wrong with our fucking government ??

the other day a spanish radio station crank called fidel castro and got thru .. they aired the call of the station insulting castro and the fucking fcc fines the station $4000 for duing that !!! WTF IS GOING ON HERE !!

come on..........

how about this... all the arab world (rightly) is angry over the abuse, and are screaming their lungs out. But when it was Saddam doing the tourture at a level that would make what the americans did look like a club med vacation, they never said a fucking word.

well what can you do, when you claim the moral high ground, you better be prepared when you fuck up as badly as we did.

well what can you do, when you claim the moral high ground, you better be prepared when you fuck up as badly as we did.

that's exactly why this story is getting so much more attention. we claim to be the "good" guys in this war, fighting against the "bad" guys. when it is revealed that there are americans capable of such horrific acts, it discredits this "noble and moral" mission we are supposedly on. it adds fuel to the fire, giving the iraqis a more concrete reason to resent us. when they torture and mutilate american soldiers it is expected, because they are supposed to be barbaric, and it just works to reaffirm our cause and our moral superiority. but when american soldiers are caught torturing and dehumanizing iraqi prisoners, people everywhere are shocked and wonder "who's the barbarian now?"

that's exactly why this story is getting so much more attention. we claim to be the "good" guys in this war, fighting against the "bad" guys. when it is revealed that there are americans capable of such horrific acts, it discredits this "noble and moral" mission we are supposedly on. it adds fuel to the fire, giving the iraqis a more concrete reason to resent us. when they torture and mutilate american soldiers it is expected, because they are supposed to be barbaric, and it just works to reaffirm our cause and our moral superiority. but when american soldiers are caught torturing and dehumanizing iraqi prisoners, people everywhere are shocked and wonder "who's the barbarian now?"

IF IT WERE ME ... IN NO WAY WOULD I TORTURE THOSE POOR SOLDIERS ...

ID STRAIGHT UP SHOOT THEM IN THE FUCKING HEAD !! :splat: ITS US OR THEM ... IN WARS THERE IS NO MORALS !! SO FUCK THEM !!! :mad:

IF IT WERE ME ... IN NO WAY WOULD I TORTURE THOSE POOR SOLDIERS ...

ID STRAIGHT UP SHOOT THEM IN THE FUCKING HEAD !! :splat: ITS US OR THEM ... IN WARS THERE IS NO MORALS !! SO FUCK THEM !!! :mad:

Come on Kokster...

CONVENTION (IV) RELATIVE TO THE PROTECTION OF CIVILIAN PERSONS IN TIME OF WAR

Signed at Geneva, 12 August 1949

Art3.

1) Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

Remember this was put in place after Hitler and his death camps. What the Nazis did is a prime example of executing an efficient genocide to win a war...but just because they were in a time of war doesn't mean its right and crimes against humanity should never be allowed in any degree.

it's irrelevant IMO where abuse of prisoners at Abu Ghraib is concerned; whether similar acts where committed, and the press responses to the same. drawing parallels does not address the matters at hand. torture, rape, sodomy, etc should not be tolerated .those who committed these acts have tarnished this country, and "pissed" on the efforts of our men and women serving in Iraq. these matters should be dealt with swiftly, and to the full extent that military law allows. if it takes sensationalism from the press, to get military officials to act more aggressively. particularly on matters which where brought to their attention last year, then so be it.Lead by example!

Unfortunately, in a "war" you gonna have many deaths, be it wrong or right, civil or not, humane or inhumane, etc. There are just so many intangibles in a war we can't control. If we are sooooo much into protecting the lives of people, just don't go to war! :idea: I know, it's easier said than done.....

in no way shape or form is it tolerable to abuse and torture...it just seems that the AMERICAN MEDIA almost accepts and it and excuses it when its done to our civilians and soldiers....why?... because they are barbarians and that is supposed to be how they act???....

becoming an ex-pat isn't looking so bad after all...

~one-way ticket to Japan please~

:nono: Ah come on now. Despite what everyone is saying about this and that we live in the best country in the world. I will never forget that, this is my home and I will always be an American.

in no way shape or form is it tolerable to abuse and torture...it just seems that the AMERICAN MEDIA almost accepts and it and excuses it when its done to our civilians and soldiers....why?... because they are barbarians and that is supposed to be how they act???....
While I understand your anger with the press Gregg. IMO I don’t believe the American media as a whole, accepts or excuses what has happen to civilians and soldiers. As I’m sure you will recall it’s the American media through out this war, that has battled with government to get information on fatalities, battled to acknowledge and honor the military persons who lost there lives (“The Fallen"),etc. if the media had not exposed what occurred at Abu Ghraib(“Torture at ABU Ghraibâ€),, do you think rapid changes would have been made? bear in mind the initial reports on Abu Ghraib from the press; where based on an internal Pentagon report from December which got leaked. a report our own commander and chief did not know about, until recently. is the press blowing this out of portion? yes, after all at the end of the day news organizations are out to make a profit... do the ends justify the means? yes, where Abu Ghraib is concerned it does.

ok, maybe its not the media- maybe its just what interests the amercian public... the fact is that when the american civilians were killed and thier bodies were strung up, that was in the news for about 2 days. this whole prisoner thing has been front page now for over 2 weeks with no sign of slowing down.....jesus christ, we are americans....shouldnt we be concerned first about our civilians?...at least compared to terrorist prisoners??>..

Thhis whole thing is just a political stunt to make BUSH look bad... :gang:

Actually it is not a political stunt. The pictures are real but are indeed being used by many to add fire to the flames but regarless of the facts. Any true leader will ensure that these individuals pay for thier actions. AND TRUST ME, OURLEADER WILL MAKE THEM PAY.

For the record guys. Interigations are a reality during war but you can rest assure that they are not done by females such as the ones viewed in the photos.

The ones complaining now are the same ones who stayed quiet when Saddam would rape, torture, gas, mutilate their own friends. Mind you these are the same people who said nothing when American bodies where chopped up like a piece of cabbage, burned and dragged along the streets for everyone to laugh at and poke at with sticks. There are bad apple in all organizations and I am sure everyone is aware of this. Just cause a black man robs you doesn't mean that ALL black people are thief's.

The actions of a few bad apples do not reflect the majority of our military. Naturally, these individuals will be court marshaled and the will pay for their actions and the full press will have access to the trials. America taking action on this case will be a perfect way to show the Iraq's that we find this extremely unacceptable.

Question: Do you think Saddam would have tried the individuals which tortured the majority of his people?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to show these guys how democracy and a court system works.

not everybody held in that prison where terrorists. in fact in the last few days well over 300 people where released. we need to get to the bottom of this nonsense, table the political agendas (lol, almost impossible in an election year) and resolve these matters quick.

not everybody held in that prison where terrorists. in fact in the last few days well over 300 people where released. we need to get to the bottom of this nonsense, table the political agendas (lol, almost impossible in an election year) and resolve these matters quick.

Vert true. The sooner the better!!!!!!

IF IT WERE ME ... IN NO WAY WOULD I TORTURE THOSE POOR SOLDIERS ..........ID STRAIGHT UP SHOOT THEM IN THE FUCKING HEAD !! :splat: ITS US OR THEM ... IN WARS THERE IS NO MORALS !! SO FUCK THEM !!! :mad:

We can be partners.

... the fact is that when the american civilians were killed and thier bodies were strung upQUOTE]

They were private contractors/mercenaries and if im not mistaken 1 or 2 were ex navy seals ...

........so don't make it look like they were in Iraq selling oranges in the corner of a fallujah street , cause they weren't .

*2 wrongs don't make a right , both acts are deplorable .

ok, maybe its not the media- maybe its just what interests the amercian public... the fact is that when the american civilians were killed and thier bodies were strung up, that was in the news for about 2 days. this whole prisoner thing has been front page now for over 2 weeks with no sign of slowing down.....jesus christ, we are americans....shouldnt we be concerned first about our civilians?...at least compared to terrorist prisoners??>..

Well said!!!!!

Both acts are deplorable and both should be dealt with full punishment BUT come on bro......do we do this to our enemies?

rush_is_right.jpg

rush_is_right2.jpg

rush_is_right3.jpg

This is straight up EVIL!!!!!!! No care for human rights!!!!!!! Unlike our military that attend to our enemies wounds just as fast as we inflict them.

Where was the outrage when the burned, charred bodies of Americans were dragged through the streets? Where was the world outrage at the Islamofascists who did that? There wasn't any.