Clubplanet Nightlife Community

terrific

phatbastad

cyanotic just means that your lips are poorly oxygenated. hemoglobin bound to oxygen (oxyhemoglobin) gives off a reddish color, while hemoglobin that is not bound to oxygen (deoxyHb) gives off a bluish color (hence, why your arteries appear red, but your veins blue). so you probably aren't getting enough oxygenated blood to your lips for some reason (which normally are heavily invested with capillaries and so provide ample oxygen to the area). do you smoke? have or have had any anemia/lung disorders? inhaled any strange fumes lately? and uh..drugs?

hehe we had a case like this a lil bit ago. well the ending was kinda bad, but that's not gonna happen :)

cyanotic just means that your lips are poorly oxygenated. hemoglobin bound to oxygen (oxyhemoglobin) gives off a reddish color, while hemoglobin that is not bound to oxygen (deoxyHb) gives off a bluish color (hence, why your arteries appear red, but your veins blue). so you probably aren't getting enough oxygenated blood to your lips for some reason (which normally are heavily invested with capillaries and so provide ample oxygen to the area). do you smoke? have or have had any anemia/lung disorders? inhaled any strange fumes lately? and uh..drugs?

hehe we had a case like this a lil bit ago. well the ending was kinda bad, but that's not gonna happen :)

to answer your questions beginning with do you smoke

1) yes

2) no

3) yes - smoke from smoke machine @Murk

4) but of course

thanks to Icy and Scav for the 411. I think I need a checkup

i think you should get it checked out, hun...especially if it's been persistent. but...you really should try to be honest w/whoever is taking your medical history as to what drugs you took, and how much...ya? it might be nothing, but the "purple lips" symptom can reflect an early sign of something significant...and there are ways to get rid of it by increasing the microcirculation (like with calcium-channel blockers, or even probably a heavy makeout session haha)...but treating the symptom isn't always the best thing if you don't know what the triggering cause was. so please go get it checked out? i know it's kinda silly, but recently i've been getting worried about people i don't even know...lol. maybe it's because i saw a lot of sad things lately...

i think you should get it checked out, hun...especially if it's been persistent. but...you really should try to be honest w/whoever is taking your medical history as to what drugs you took, and how much...ya? it might be nothing, but the "purple lips" symptom can reflect an early sign of something significant...and there are ways to get rid of it by increasing the microcirculation (like with calcium-channel blockers, or even probably a heavy makeout session haha)...but treating the symptom isn't always the best thing if you don't know what the triggering cause was. so please go get it checked out? i know it's kinda silly, but recently i've been getting worried about people i don't even know...lol. maybe it's because i saw a lot of sad things lately...

Sheesh, you've never even met me and you know that I am sad case....thanks for the info and the urgency.