Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn.: 1) Happyface ... 2) Mursa

marcodavalos

Thanx marco.............I definatly wouldn't mind playing Boca in Tokyo ...

...take away the black , add Blue , add lots of Snow .....and i'll get flashbacks of 1987 (porto vs penarol) :)

Viva o PORTOOOOOOOO . alegria azul e branca seus filhos das putas !

That was quick.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040527/SOCCER27/TPSports/Other

Porto's win tarnished by coach's departure

Reuters News Agency

Thursday, May 27, 2004 - Page S8

GELSENKIRCHEN, GERMANY -- One of the greatest nights in Porto's history was tinged with sadness yesterday. After beating Monaco 3-0 to win the European Champions Cup, the club learned that coach Jose Mourinho was leaving.

Porto reached the European summit for the second time with three brilliantly taken goals to seal an emphatic victory at the Arena AufSchalke stadium, but the players will begin defence of the trophy with a new man in charge.

Just more than two weeks before the European championship kicks off in Porto's new Dragao Stadium on June 12, the Portuguese champions basked in their victory, although Mourinho, 41, confirmed he was leaving the club after guiding it to the fifth and most important prize in just more than two years in charge.

"This is almost for sure my last match in charge of Porto, but I think in two years we did great," Mourinho said.

"I'm very proud of what we did but the time to leave has arrived. It's the best way to bow out. It was 2½ years, and it was fantastic, absolutely fantastic. We won everything.

"In the next few days, I will decide everything. I have to speak to Porto because I still have a contract with them, but I have to move. My desire is to leave."

Although it is by no means certain where he is headed, there would be no surprise if he went to Chelsea.

Porto kept its composure during a largely uninteresting first half yesterday, with the game tipping its way after 39 minutes when a curling volley by 19-year-old Brazilian Carlos Alberto gave the team the breakthrough.

Two more goals late on -- a well-drilled shot from Deco Souza and a piledriver from Russian substitute Dmitri Alenichev -- finally buried Monaco, which never recovered from losing captain Ludovic Giuly to injury midway through the first half.

Porto's victory was, as ever, based on tireless teamwork and a rock-solid defence. Monaco striker Fernando Morientes never remotely had a chance of adding to the 11 Champions League goals he has scored this season.

Porto became the first team since Liverpool in 1976 and 1977 to be crowned European champions the year after winning the UEFA Cup.

A friend of mine is in Lisbon now for work and told me that there were parties all over the city. Congrats Porto!

Leo, otro asadito? :hat:

Dale, dale , dale, dale Bo!

Dale, dale , dale, dale Bo!

Dale, dale Booooooooo!

That was quick.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040527/SOCCER27/TPSports/Other

Porto's win tarnished by coach's departure

Reuters News Agency

Thursday, May 27, 2004 - Page S8

GELSENKIRCHEN, GERMANY -- One of the greatest nights in Porto's history was tinged with sadness yesterday. After beating Monaco 3-0 to win the European Champions Cup, the club learned that coach Jose Mourinho was leaving.

QUOTE]

Wouldn't you leave if you were offered 4 million POUNDS (6 million $) a year by Chelsea ?

He's won everything he has to in 2 years , what reason to stay ?

I see you talking alot of shyt,you didnt say much about ten days ago now did we? So far we are 3 out of 3 in the year,dont be skerd and Mursa I was going to congrats you about Porto but fu and boca.

As for the Libertadores semis Ive been waiting actually all of RIVER has been waiting for this for 4 years, payback is a bitch. ;)

I see you talking alot of shyt,you didnt say much about ten days ago now did we? So far we are 3 out of 3 in the year,dont be skerd and Mursa I was going to congrats you about Porto but fu and boca.

As for the Libertadores semis Ive been waiting actually all of RIVER has been waiting for this for 4 years, payback is a bitch. ;)

:itsok:

You are still playing both tournaments ... isn't it fun? ... "divide them and you will defeat them". :D

bro, let's get together to watch the games. :gang: