Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Christian Smith or DJ Vibe?

>>I JUST have to say that AVALON last night w/ Christian Smith Spinning was THE BEST NIGHT Ive EVER had at Avalon!!!!

His set was RIDICULOUS!!! He was bangin' HARD beats out ALL night...The tracks he threw down were INSANE!!! His mixing was flwless and his energy was AWESOME!!!!

I closed the place down (meanwhile I said that I was gonna make it an early night...hahahah) For most the most part of Smith;s set I was in DJ booth dancing and going NUTS!!!! Free drinks kept coming my way (so thats always a plus.. :) )....It was just one of those nights were EVERYTHING is Perfect, everyone was feeling Great and the vibe was unbelievable! Eventhough a friend that I was w/ screwed up his knee dancing....and IamSamurai was still injured from the night before, and Dr Flow and I were soooo tired from the night before, WE STILL DANCED OUR BUTTS OFF!!!!

OOHHHH!!!! and at one point of the night we were daning w/ this kid from the navy/military....he was in uniform and all...he was liquiding and popping and completely letting loose and FREAKING out!!!! It was one of the coolest things Ive ever seen!!!!

ive never seen a man or woman in uniform actually dance, im sure it was quite the sight. I went to be when i got home from work at 6pm and slept until 5am today and my right knee is screwed up again so i gotta take it easy myself. To mask and des i know ya love to dance and i wish ya both the best health around. And iamsamurai i havent met ya but feel better.

Love your reviews, and the spirit of your writing. Figures u love to dance.

That's the way it should be.

(don't mind me, I had a rough week--it never gets easier, either--just cuz u ignore things...it doesn't go away, it escalates...when will I learn)

chris smith played a great openibng sety for carl cox at avalon....

but I went last night to spirit for dj vibe....the first 2+ hours of his set are up there with the greatest dj sets ive ever heard live-- and ive heard nearly every world famous dj.

it was the best looking crowd since spirit opened. for once there were real hottys not NJ hoochies.

i will try to articulate a better review later. vibes 5-6 am finish was more of a retro-history deep/progg classics portion....his first two hours were melodic - yet - hard - very euro- deep disco- and some tech-house with mountainous basslines.

chk out vibe live whenever u get a chance-- the only other set that satisfied me as much this year was steve lawler at crobar in march-- and that was not as intense as vibe's 2+ hour unbelieveable set from 2:30-4:30.

>>I JUST have to say that AVALON last night w/ Christian Smith Spinning was THE BEST NIGHT Ive EVER had at Avalon!!!!

His set was RIDICULOUS!!! He was bangin' HARD beats out ALL night...The tracks he threw down were INSANE!!! His mixing was flwless and his energy was AWESOME!!!!

I closed the place down (meanwhile I said that I was gonna make it an early night...hahahah) For most the most part of Smith;s set I was in DJ booth dancing and going NUTS!!!! Free drinks kept coming my way (so thats always a plus.. :) )....It was just one of those nights were EVERYTHING is Perfect, everyone was feeling Great and the vibe was unbelievable! Eventhough a friend that I was w/ screwed up his knee dancing....and IamSamurai was still injured from the night before, and Dr Flow and I were soooo tired from the night before, WE STILL DANCED OUR BUTTS OFF!!!!

OOHHHH!!!! and at one point of the night we were daning w/ this kid from the navy/military....he was in uniform and all...he was liquiding and popping and completely letting loose and FREAKING out!!!! It was one of the coolest things Ive ever seen!!!!

i missed it .. woooaaaaaaaaaaaa .. stayed home sick

glad you had awesome night as usual glowgrlnyc .. you make clubs proud ..

peace

the MASK

Yah, best night ever. We should chill in the booth more often, theres actual AC in there lol. I can't add anything more to this but im still energized from Christians set, he is AMAZING.

chris smith played a great openibng sety for carl cox at avalon....

but I went last night to spirit for dj vibe....the first 2+ hours of his set are up there with the greatest dj sets ive ever heard live-- and ive heard nearly every world famous dj.

it was the best looking crowd since spirit opened. for once there were real hottys not NJ hoochies.

i will try to articulate a better review later. vibes 5-6 am finish was more of a retro-history deep/progg classics portion....his first two hours were melodic - yet - hard - very euro- deep disco- and some tech-house with mountainous basslines.

chk out vibe live whenever u get a chance-- the only other set that satisfied me as much this year was steve lawler at crobar in march-- and that was not as intense as vibe's 2+ hour unbelieveable set from 2:30-4:30.

omg - i have to completely agree with you - what a great night!

i went there w/ an ex gf and we absolutely had the most amazing time - what a set!

i havent really heard vibe before - just heard that he spun w/ tenaglia in arc a few times and that was enough to convince me to check out the party...

yes - the crowd was very hot too...:aright:

Just to reiterate, cos seemingly few CP posters were at Spirit sat--

Vibe's set was one of the best Ive ever heard in decades of clubbing.

Up there with the best Coxy, DT, D Carter, Junior, Diggers, Oakey, T Terry, Atkins, Saunderson, Aphex, Autechre, etc etc sets Ive ever heard.

Vibe was in a zone and playing hard melodic euro-progg house that was VERY futuristic yet similar to the best progg youll hear from Howells, Burridge, DT, Lawler etc.

Thankfully, Vibe has a new *69 mix cd out in June-- so he shld hopefully be back in NYC at least 1-2 more times over summer- autumn--

His set was so hot sat night I still cant believe it & I dont have words to articulate how great the music was & how he had that crowd in the palm of his hand, like HYPNOSIS!!!!

The best looking Spirit crowd ever-- Morales & Roger S's great Spirit sets were NO WHERE NEAR as great as VIBE sat night--

A M A Z I N G !!!!!!!!