Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cheesecake lovah's...

i forgot to put this up the other day... i met a guy who works for the company that supplies sparks, smith & wollensky and some other restaurants with cheese cakes and told me he sells them wholesale from time to time so if you would like the number and name ill forward it to you... i dont know if their cakes are any good i never eat them, but im guessing if theyre at those restaurants they cant be all that bad...

he never claimed to be a magician...

"Well, as I was doing magic, I used to always -- me as a magician, I would watch people's reactions, because that's what I love the most, people who have the funniest reactions and the most beautiful reactions. So I would focus on that. So when I was about 19, I shot a tape of me doing magic just to people on the streets, and I would edit together all the reactions and I kept pushing this idea, and then ABC came on board and made my first show. But not a lot of people really saw it, but the ones that did, I think liked it. And I've buried myself alive for seven days and seven nights in New York City, which I thought was the hardest thing ever at that time. Now it's like a vacation" -David Blaine

Blaine: "My goal is to use magic as an art form to open people up, break down their logic, give people a moment of pure truth, where there are no logical barriers in front of them. I'm not really concerned with the money. I know that sounds superficial, because I put myself up as executive producer. I do want to produce good pieces of work, and I don't mean as a magician, but as entertainment. "

Magic Man Blaine's second one-hour television special, In one scene, he yanks off a chicken's head on Delancey Street, prompting a group of kids to run away screeching bloody murder. It's no surprise that he has to plead to a Haitian man; "I'm an entertainer, not black magic."

Blaine is not a member of the Magic Circle and presents himself apart from contemporary magicians. He seduces, mesmerises, reads minds and levitates. He shocks, bewilders and transcends rationality.

towards the bottom, "not magic"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3206044.stm

Blaine: "My goal is to use magic as an art form to open people up, break down their logic, give people a moment of pure truth, where there are no logical barriers in front of them. I'm not really concerned with the money. I know that sounds superficial, because I put myself up as executive producer. I do want to produce good pieces of work, and I don't mean as a magician, but as entertainment. "

Magic Man Blaine's second one-hour television special, In one scene, he yanks off a chicken's head on Delancey Street, prompting a group of kids to run away screeching bloody murder. It's no surprise that he has to plead to a Haitian man; "I'm an entertainer, not black magic."

Blaine is not a member of the Magic Circle and presents himself apart from contemporary magicians. He seduces, mesmerises, reads minds and levitates. He shocks, bewilders and transcends rationality.

? He said he's a magician. ,that last stunt wasnt magic it was horse shit , but either way he said he's a magician , imho he's a good con artist/bull shitter/wierdo

...i'm pretty sure it was chris rock...and as much as i am a fan of blaine, his last few "tests" of endurance do not keep my interest as much as his street magic...and back to the subject at hand...i'll let you know about the cheesecakes...perhaps for the next party....