Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Cure Live! (July 24 @ Sound Advice Amphitheatre)

funketeer

• 2 weeks later...

July 2004

24 - West Palm Beach, FL - Sound Advice Amphitheatre

25 - Tampa, FL - Ford Amphitheatre

28 - Antioch, TN - Starwood Amphitheatre

29 - Atlanta, GA - HiFi Buys Amphitheatre

31 - New York, NY - Randall's Island

August 2004

1 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center at the Waterfront

3 - Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Center

4 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Blossom Music Center

6 - Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion

7 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center

9 - Toronto, Ontario - Molson Amphitheatre

11 - Clarkston, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre

12 - Tinley Park, IL - Tweeter Center

14 - Dallas, TX - Smirnoff Music Centre

15 - The Woodlands, TX - C.W. Mitchell Pavilion

17 - Englewood, CO - Coors Amphitheatre

18 - West Valley City, UT - USANA Amphitheatre

21 - Seattle, WA - To be announced

24 - Chula Vista, CA - Coors Amphitheatre

25 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

27 - Carson, CA - Home Depot Center

28 - San Francisco, CA - To be announced

29 - Sacramento, CA - To be announced

:bounce: probably my single most musical influence when I was a youth......and FINALLY Tampa has a proper music venue...it's still not finished yet but damn you should see this place....it's Beautiful.....should be a great place for shows!

the cure?? wow! have tickets gone on sale??? wouldn't miss this for anything.... flip - the kitchen? didn't realize you were as old school as me... LOL - that place was DA BOMB! so was red room on 5th.. remember that??

:bowdown:

Jon- tix are on sale...the Tpa show is almost sold out....only 3rd level seating and some GA "grass" level seating above the 3rd level are still open...Tpa show price is $49.50 or $29.50 for "grass" seats.....

The Cure & Pink Floyd......I wouldn't be playing house music today if it weren't for both of these bands....I've seen Floyd..this will be my first Cure show......... :bounce:

This will be my second time that I see The Cure...I saw them with Desintegration. When Robert Plant was touring with No Quarter, he brought along the guitar player from The Cure and sang "Lullaby" as part of the show..."Lullaby" by Robert Plant, you ask? Sweet! :bowdown:

I saw The Cure at the Miami Arena and went to the beach the next day, on my way back from the beach...I saw Robert Smith eating dinner at the National Hotel on Ocean Drive...wearing some fucked-up football jersey, like one of those you can get at a gas sation...what a sight, like 3-D shit...I'm not star-struck at all, I've been in the presence of greatness way too many times to count, but Robert Smith it's a pretty intense person to stand in front of...I vowed my head down and he blessed me, like the Pope would have, very bizarre. ;)

On a related note: I was at the Raleigh Hotel's pool last thursday for my company picnic...chillin' at a table by the pool, none other than Michael Stipe...now that's another american treasure. R.E.M. is the shit!

Lots of celebrity sightings in our city, conosieurs apretiate.

Soooooooo...back to The Cure, I'm so there it's not even funny! :rock:

the cure?? wow! have tickets gone on sale??? wouldn't miss this for anything.... flip - the kitchen? didn't realize you were as old school as me... LOL - that place was DA BOMB! so was red room on 5th.. remember that??

:bowdown:

i remember when the kitchen was off of 22nd st. and washington. now that's old school.

This will be my second time that I see The Cure...I saw them with Desintegration. When Robert Plant was touring with No Quarter, he brought along the guitar player from The Cure and sang "Lullaby" as part of the show..."Lullaby" by Robert Plant, you ask? Sweet! :bowdown:

I saw The Cure at the Miami Arena and went to the beach the next day, on my way back from the beach...I saw Robert Smith eating dinner at the National Hotel on Ocean Drive...wearing some fucked-up football jersey, like one of those you can get at a gas sation...what a sight, like 3-D shit...I'm not star-struck at all, I've been in the presence of greatness way too many times to count, but Robert Smith it's a pretty intense person to stand in front of...I vowed my head down and he blessed me, like the Pope would have, very bizarre. ;)

On a related note: I was at the Raleigh Hotel's pool last thursday for my company picnic...chillin' at a table by the pool, none other than Michael Stipe...now that's another american treasure. R.E.M. is the shit!

Lots of celebrity sightings in our city, conosieurs apretiate.

Soooooooo...back to The Cure, I'm so there it's not even funny! :rock:

Could it have been the Florida Panthers shirt?

And ... Club Nu was located in the same corner as Nerve .. but on 22nd Street ...

I have an anecdote at the Kitchen Club on 21st and the ocean ... my bud paid for a drink with a $50, when he gets the change .. it was change for a $20 .. politely he asked for the correct change .. the bartender stubbornly wouldn't .. and called security on us ... these 5 gorillas show up and don't ask us to leave but carry us on the air ... we were trying to explain but no one would listen ... when we get to the side door (also on 21st) the mofo bartender wanted to hit us "outside" the club ... my bud went ahead and was, come on hit me ... pulled his ID out of his pocket ... son of the Consul to Uruguay in Miami ... lol

We were taken back in ... given free drinks ... never saw the bartender again after that weekend ...

Fuck the thiefs behind a bar.

:cool: