Clubplanet Nightlife Community

noooomaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

jtk4

is back maybe if he plays well he can take over the lead for the all star game. :)

bwhahah , ye i know its suppose to be for the fans , but it gets out of hand when JEter who is battin .230 and Nomar who has 1 hit are leading the SS in voting. jeters game winning HR last night might have gotten him a few more votes :bounce:

bwhahah , ye i know its suppose to be for the fans , but it gets out of hand when JEter who is battin .230 and Nomar who has 1 hit are leading the SS in voting. jeters game winning HR last night might have gotten him a few more votes :bounce:

This is exactly what I'm taking about when I say people act like Jeter is the best thing in the world just because he's "Derek Jeter". :rolleyes:

The guy who deserves to be the all-star thus far is MICHAEL YOUNG from Texas, NOT Derek Jeter. He's batting close to 100 points higher than Jeter, has the same amount of homeruns, and more RBIs.

Or perhaps someone like CARLOS GUILLEN from Detroit, NOT Derek Jeter. He's also batting about 100 points higher than Jeter, has 1 more homerun than him, and more RBIs.

Or how bout MIGUEL TEJADA from Baltimore, NOT Derek Jeter, who has a slightly lower BA than the above 2 but still almost 100 points higher than Jeter, 9 homers, and more RBIs than all of the above.

Whatever, the voting so far is a fucking joke.

micheal young should be starting ss for the all star, hands down. The fact of the matter is most of the fans voting are young kids who don't know any better. They only know the Jeters and Nomars so that's who they vote for. It's a sad situation.

micheal young should be starting ss for the all star, hands down. The fact of the matter is most of the fans voting are young kids who don't know any better. They only know the Jeters and Nomars so that's who they vote for. It's a sad situation.

Well I for one voted for Young.

maybe because the allstar game is played in the middle of a season people take in the second half of last year and the first half of this year. It only seems fair that people would vote on a full year of playing and not on 2 months.

With that i still think the kid from texas should go. but it is an interesting point if i do say so myself.

what do you think?

does it really matter ? it happens every single year, either some one gets overlooked , or the total popularity contest aspect of it takes over and players get in strictly on name or where they play .

I guess if the game is suppose to be for the fans ya have accept (not agree) who they want to see there.

The other argument is , just cause a relatively unknown player (M.young)is having a great 3 months to the season , does he deserve the nod over perrenial allstars like jeter/nomar?

and then when the Mgrs have to fill out the rest of the roster there is always the crys of how could he choose this guy over that guy

usually the mgr is gonna take his own guy ,like torre has done many a time over the past 10 yrs, and people bitch about it

does it really matter ? it happens every single year, either some one gets overlooked , or the total popularity contest aspect of it takes over and players get in strictly on name or where they play .

I guess if the game is suppose to be for the fans ya have accept (not agree) who they want to see there.

The other argument is , just cause a relatively unknown player (M.young)is having a great 3 months to the season , does he deserve the nod over perrenial allstars like jeter/nomar?

and then when the Mgrs have to fill out the rest of the roster there is always the crys of how could he choose this guy over that guy

usually the mgr is gonna take his own guy ,like torre has done many a time over the past 10 yrs, and people bitch about it

Yeah it does kinda matter because being an All-Star is a notable thing. When credentials are given on a player they include things like: 4-time All-Star, etc..

Not to mention that the All-Star game COUNTS now, it's for home field advantage. Someone like Michael Young playing SS could give the AL a better chance of winning.

Michael Young is relatively unknown because he's a newer, younger player, but that doesn't mean it's ok to just vote for Jeter or Nomar. What about someone like Tejada who is far from being an unknown player. In my opinion, anyone who's gonna sit there and vote for Jeter, who is not having an All-Star season thus far and Nomar, who's played one friggin' game all season, is a fucking moron and doesn't seem to appreciate some of the work these players put into the sport very much. Like you said, if it's a popularity contest then that's just really sad for the sport of baseball. Those people should be voting in the "GQ Most Popular Shortstop" poll, not the Major League Baseball All-Star ballot.

Not saying that Jeter and Nomar are not All-Star material, of course they have been in the past. But for the 2004 All-Star game (KEY POINT BEING 2004), I don't think, they deserve it.

Yeah it does kinda matter because being an All-Star is a notable thing. When credentials are given on a player they include things like: 4-time All-Star, etc..

Not to mention that the All-Star game COUNTS now, it's for home field advantage. Someone like Michael Young playing SS could give the AL a better chance of winning.

Michael Young is relatively unknown because he's a newer, younger player, but that doesn't mean it's ok to just vote for Jeter or Nomar. What about someone like Tejada who is far from being an unknown player. In my opinion, anyone who's gonna sit there and vote for Jeter, who is not having an All-Star season thus far and Nomar, who's played one friggin' game all season, is a fucking moron and doesn't seem to appreciate some of the work these players put into the sport very much. Like you said, if it's a popularity contest then that's just really sad for the sport of baseball. Those people should be voting in the "GQ Most Popular Shortstop" poll, not the Major League Baseball All-Star ballot.

Not saying that Jeter and Nomar are not All-Star material, of course they have been in the past. But for the 2004 All-Star game (KEY POINT BEING 2004), I don't think, they deserve it.

i meant it doesnt matter ...as in us bitchin about the system(cuz they will never change it)

and yeah i know it counts ... i started a thread last world series Thanking Hank Blalock (not that the Yanks took advantage of it :mad: )so yeah there is an incentive to havin the best players out there , but the best players in the game can be the ones messin up (gagne)

Alll in all you can get pissed when someone deserving doesnt get the nod , but it just means that the "general" public wants who they want to see.

is there any reason known to man that johnny damon is the leading centerfield vote getter. A crazy beard and haircut will get you a lot of things i guess. Beltran-no hunter-no damon-yes.

I think boston had a lot of home games early in the season

• 2 weeks later...
is there any reason known to man that johnny damon is the leading centerfield vote getter. A crazy beard and haircut will get you a lot of things i guess.

After that spectacular catch against the "green monster" and after the comeback after the collision last season, Damon earns my points. Fuckin beautifuuuuuuulll !! Go JD :D