Clubplanet Nightlife Community

good laugh anyone?

TRANCE LEGEND OAKENFOLD SIGNS WITH EMINEM'S SHADY RECORDS, LEAVES CRITICS BAFFLED

In a deal that has left millions around the world scratching their heads, trance dj and producer Paul Oakenfold has been signed to Shady records. This however, according to an anonymous source close to Shady Records, is not a signing done by Eminem, or even anyone in Shady Records. This was more of a manuver by Steve Stoute, CEO of Interscope Records, who is a big fan of Oakenfold.

"I'm not sure how I feel about it," says Eminem. "I kinda feel like I've been sold out. Certain aspects of my deal with Interscope Records gives the record company more control than most labels have over their artists. This has been the story for years between myself and Interscope. No disrespect to Paul, he does his thing. But I think we are on different levels. I don't think we would work well together. We'd bring each other down."

Oakenfold stated in a press conference that he is looking forward to doing more hip hop. Oakenfold has worked with several hip hop acts in the pass including Ice Cube. Oakenfold has been widely regarded as one of the top DJ's in electronic music and has repeatedly headlined clubs, festivals and raves all over the world.

When asked if he would let Oakenfold work with him on his new album, slated to come out in late September or early October, Eminem replied with a stern response- "My music is my music. Ain't nobody gonna be on me album unless I say so. Again, no disrespect to Paul, but my album is going to be what I want on it.....and I want nothing but hip hop."