Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP at Spirit now?

he's been around for a long time because drugs are addictive..and drug habits r hard to kick..not because he's a good dj

wow could u get any more ignorant? im sure ur aware that Juniors crowd been pretty heavy into drugs, matter of fact every legendary club in NYC had drug activity, and if someone has an affinity for drugs they can sniff up crystal or pop a pill to any DJ, last time i checked JP doest get on the mic and tell people to get high.....

Junior post twilo is a whole diff sound then Junior now`, teh fact is that he went from packing out SF/ tunnel/ twilo/ ministry of sound etc to not even packing out discotheque on a fri night. If u want to see disco packed go on a night Morillo is there. Junior had his run, but his time been over, thats y hes on KTU now.

Junior's run is far from over! His sets at disco are his best since twilo. The place has been jam packed every time i have been there and not to mention the 2 attendance records he broke last month while touring over seas. :bowdown: What was it? 5000 in one club and 4500 the next nite?oh and lets no forget the 25 or so top ten billboard hits already this year by the most sought after remixer of the past 15 years. How many remixes did he do this year already? 50 what!Ya he is done! Done did every damm thing every dj would only dream of this year alone!

Oh but i guess from looking at his gigs from his site for the next 2 months you can say that his run is over lol

6/18/2004 10pm-7am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

6/20/2004 10pm-5am Anthem @ Mansion, Miami Beach

6/27/2004 Doors open 10pm-4am only House of Jupiter, Jr's Pride Event, Spirit

6/28/2004 all day Monday (the last dance) URANUS afterhours

7/2/2004 10pm-7am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

7/3/2004 midnight-7am Nation, DC

7/4/2004 8pm Sun nite-1am Mon morn Return to NY @SE ONE, Weston Street, London

7/10/2004 Queen, Paris

7/16/2004 10pm-7am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

7/23/2004 10pm-7am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

7/30/2004 10pm-7am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

8/6/2004 10pm-5am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

8/13/2004 10pm-7am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

8/20/2004 Athens, Greece

8/21/2004 Cavo Paradiso, Mykonos, Greece

8/27/2004 10pm-? Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

Johnathan will ruin yet another club in nyc. I like the spirit sat party alot. it was going very well, why fix something thats not broken. close the place down at 5 am and you'll be good... + am I the only one who can't stand the way jp spins, pots and pans banging all night long...

yea cause JONATHAN stands at the door, searches people, and decideds who comes in and who doesnt..Your going to blame the guy who sits in the DJ booth all night for the crowd he brings...In order for him to lose that crowd he would have to change his music and the way he spins..I dont see that happening anytime soon...Stop Hating, Be happy that we have some good NYC dj's dont hate on people in NYC hate on visitors that really do BLOW...

Junior's run is far from over! His sets at disco are his best since twilo. The place has been jam packed every time i have been there and not to mention the 2 attendance records he broke last month while touring over seas. :bowdown: What was it? 5000 in one club and 4500 the next nite?oh and lets no forget the 25 or so top ten billboard hits already this year by the most sought after remixer of the past 15 years. How many remixes did he do this year already? 50 what!Ya he is done! Done did every damm thing every dj would only dream of this year alone!

Oh but i guess from looking at his gigs from his site for the next 2 months you can say that his run is over lol

6/18/2004 10pm-7am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

6/20/2004 10pm-5am Anthem @ Mansion, Miami Beach

6/27/2004 Doors open 10pm-4am only House of Jupiter, Jr's Pride Event, Spirit

6/28/2004 all day Monday (the last dance) URANUS afterhours

7/2/2004 10pm-7am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

7/3/2004 midnight-7am Nation, DC

7/4/2004 8pm Sun nite-1am Mon morn Return to NY @SE ONE, Weston Street, London

7/10/2004 Queen, Paris

7/16/2004 10pm-7am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

7/23/2004 10pm-7am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

7/30/2004 10pm-7am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

8/6/2004 10pm-5am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

8/13/2004 10pm-7am Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

8/20/2004 Athens, Greece

8/21/2004 Cavo Paradiso, Mykonos, Greece

8/27/2004 10pm-? Junior Fridays, 17 W. 19th St. NYC

hey good list and all, except not sure y u put those 2 dates on it, on JVM it says they are CANCELLED , but good try

8/20/2004 CANCELLED Athens, Greece

8/21/2004 CANCELLED Cavo Paradiso, Mykonos, Greece

discotheque is a small club and it needs to be packed on every night because of its size, it was PACKED opening night, but not since then, even Rob F says it wont last.....

dont get me wrong, i like junior and i recognize all hes done, but the man is 55, none stays on top forever just recognize it...

Just to let you all know, dont beleive it until it happens. Friday's are quite nice now that they have an allstar line-up. This week Tim Deluxe, Jessica Simpson, and DJ Blaze in the hip-hop room. Saturdays from what I hear are awesome too @ Spirit. So when it happens then bitch about it. I would like to see Deep Dish in there one night, preferably Fridays.

hey good list and all, except not sure y u put those 2 dates on it, on JVM it says they are CANCELLED , but good try

8/20/2004 CANCELLED Athens, Greece

8/21/2004 CANCELLED Cavo Paradiso, Mykonos, Greece

discotheque is a small club and it needs to be packed on every night because of its size, it was PACKED opening night, but not since then, even Rob F says it wont last.....

dont get me wrong, i like junior and i recognize all hes done, but the man is 55, none stays on top forever just recognize it...

First of all the man is more like around 58 this year and second of all the site has changed since i got the dates last week. Recoginize that he is still very much on top. :bowdown: Also be on the look out for his new double cd comming out next week :bounce: and while you are there pick up his fucking sick cd called "Ageha" that came out in japan last month and is also now out here as of last week :gang: WORK JUNIOR! :bowdown:

and if you think junior will not tear spirit a new ass on the 27th you are sadly mistaken!You should check it out :pint:They plan to do some things to the room for the pride party to bring us back to the place that once was legendary!

and if you think junior will not tear spirit a new ass on the 27th you are sadly mistaken!You should check it out :pint:They plan to do some things to the room for the pride party to bring us back to the place that once was legendary!

im sure he will do good sunday@ spirit, im also sure hes gonna have interesting thoughts running though his head being there sunday knowing JP was there night before for the beginning of his sat night residency :)

im sure he will do good sunday@ spirit, im also sure hes gonna have interesting thoughts running though his head being there sunday knowing JP was there night before for the beginning of his sat night residency :)

I'm telling you, your all wrong. Jonathan peters is a way better dj than you think. I don't understand why people hate him so much. And it's always the same shit... pots and pans, 45 minute mixes, 2 hour loops... It's all bullshit. I was there plenty of times, and thats not what I heard. Mixing is like 90% practice. The guy has been mixing for a long time and for many many hours. He can definately mix. I think he is going to really step it up, and prove everyone wrong.

I'm telling you, your all wrong. Jonathan peters is a way better dj than you think. I don't understand why people hate him so much. And it's always the same shit... pots and pans, 45 minute mixes, 2 hour loops... It's all bullshit. I was there plenty of times, and thats not what I heard. Mixing is like 90% practice. The guy has been mixing for a long time and for many many hours. He can definately mix. I think he is going to really step it up, and prove everyone wrong.

opening nibght hes gonna ripp the new Phazon apart in spirit, the way it should be done!

Junior post twilo is a whole diff sound then Junior now`, teh fact is that he went from packing out SF/ tunnel/ twilo/ ministry of sound etc to not even packing out discotheque on a fri night. If u want to see disco packed go on a night Morillo is there. Junior had his run, but his time been over, thats y hes on KTU now.

so I guess David Morales, Oakenfold, and all the other DJ's that are featured on KTU are has beens.... come on.....

Been to morillo's party and yes it is packed.

But understand that JV is in a way starting over again..... what killed the whole scene were all the fucking guido juice heads who dont know how to control there weak ass drug habits and ruined it for everyone in the scene.....

How is looping a track for 45 minutes in any way, shape or form creative? Watch Carl Cox spin with 5 decks, now THAT is creative. His mixing skills are absolute garbage. And most of the crowd is either too dumb or too fucked up to realize that or what else is going on for that matter. Classic example, when JP played in the Hamptons last year, he showed up late. The club put on one of his Sound Factory CDs until he arrived. Most of the idiots in the crowd didn't even have a clue it was a full CD playing for 2 hours and were shouting Johhnnnnnnnyyyyy as if he were in the booth. LOL

It WAS good about 4-5 years ago.

Not too many Guidos? You've GOT to be kidding me. :laugh: And the crowd the last few years was horrible. It was kids that were to get fucked up. Very few gave a damn about the music. Very few could care less if JP played Going Through It or Silence over Lethal Industry all the fuckin time for the billionth time

He's not totally responsible, but being a meth-head, he sets the tone of the party and sets the example for everyone else. It's no secret JP gets seriously fucked up, even while on the decks. I'm sure he's chilled out some since the crackdown at Factory, but he's had a history of getting wacked. And more importantly, it doesn't matter if he's not responsible for the crowd, because these degenerates will follow him everywhere, putting heat on any club he has a residency at. Have a few overdoses or a few people busted at Spirit for selling, and the NYPD will be all over that place till it's padlocked.

I cant believe people still think that he loops a song for 45 minutes...lmao

That is soooo 1998!

And sorry to break it to ya but didnt Junior have a heartattack while he was spinning at Exit...

Lay off the Tina Junior...