Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any Deep Dish reviews?

Well since I had never seen Deep Dish and never been to Crobar this was a night of firsts for me. First off I get to the club and just see no order w/ the line. People are one side and some on the other of the front of the club. So what we did was take advantage of that disorder and got in for free. You say well how? The guy who took the tix thought my boy had paid already and so he let him and his fiance in, my boy just acted like he had paid and then since we were all together I tagged along and got in too. This was something that we didn't plan it just happened. I mean I would have paid, but Oh Well snooze you lose. How many times do you go to club and pay alot and NOT have a good time? Probably many. Well anyway this one's on Crobar.

I get in and I thought the club was nice, but I didn't really pay attention to the setup. I just went down stairs and through that tunnel to the main dancefloor where Deep Dish was playing. I had never heard them spin or knew what kind of style they played, but I I had to say I liked the set they played. I know it's progressive house, but I don't know who they remind me of? I'm sure there is someone they are similar too. They used some train sounding effects as they mixed in their tracks. My review may not sound too descriptive for those who are diehard fans of his, but it was a pretty good set from when I got there. I got there at 4am. As for the crowd, I don't know what type of crowd goes to Crobar on the weekends, but the people who where there didn't really give me a good vibe. I noticed this when my friends left early. It's as if the people there were acting like a bunch of wannabe clubbers. It's like they go there just to say they went there. When I used to go to SF, people would just start talking to me out of the blue about anything. The difference is noticeable. There were tons of crackheads who went to SF I know, but there were also many cool kids who went there too. That's what Crobar lacked I think. I know the crowds are significantly different, but I just thought the crowd acted as if they were all that. I was kind of disappointed from that aspect, but the club was nice though. Where was the hip hop room anyways? Overall the night of firsts went well.

f'n insane...what a night!!!

i had a blast that night. i guess it all depends on who you were with. me and a cple of friends were by the front booth from 4-5. music was just my style at that time. other times it was so so. too many watchers over there and not enough dancers. although i like crobar, i dont think it is a real nyc type of club. its more like a bigass lounge. i agree with many pple on board here about the pple that go there. I am old school that is used to vinyl, limelight, paladium, tunnel, twilo, and such so...