Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats the deal....

Guest brwneydtrouble

The best thing to do is make your booth versatile.

This is true.......I played at Exit in NY and that booth was awesome.....you had a rane and a djm 500 both hooked up so that whoever wanted to play with rotary you could and if you wanted to play with slides you could also.....From personal experience with the djm's i think their gains don't work as well as the rane or the A&H......I've had songs that are recorded low and even having the gain at 10 it still was low on the djm's.....

YEA...but i believe that Space has a Pioneer EFX-500, why would he NOT use that over the on board effects?

Yes, Space does have the EFX-500. Matter of prefference, something he is just used to possibly. Last year for the 93.1 4th of July Bash, he requested the DJM-600 as well.....I'm pissed I didn't get to ask him to sign my 600 ;):tongue:

The -600 has always struck me as a small-venue/portable mixer, it doesn't seem to have the fidelity and build quality necessary for a high-end install like Space.

I remember when Maze first opened, BT did a DJ set and the first thing he had them do is take out the newly-installed A & H Xone:V6 mixer and put in a DJM-600 he toted along with him. Good idea on his part, since he wasn't familiar with the V6, but a bad idea on a new sound system of that scope, as there was a notable degredation in sound quality.

Space was a different story, they know in advance that Tiësto wants a 600, so they have one handy, and have the system configured to compensate for any shortfalls that the mixer presents. With the Audia box inline at the club, it isn't too difficult to anticipate and program for a variety of situations.

Basically, if a DJ specs a specific mixer for his or her set, be ready for it. Though in my mind, the better DJs can work around various mixers, and deal with the hand presented. I remember at the old Space, they demoed the DJM-3000 rotary mixer when Danny showed up. He bitched and moaned, but he did a great job.

I remember at the old Space, they demoed the DJM-3000 rotary mixer when Danny showed up. He bitched and moaned, but he did a great job.

ha ha ha ha...Meli, me and Happyface were there that night...we were cracking up that DT was bitching more than he was actually spinning records...he kept appologizing for "possible fuck ups" he might do with this new mixer...CLASSIC....:laugh: