Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Temptations this year...A CALL TO ARMS

not for nothing i tried to keep out of this whole xs tempts discussion thing cause i have a really bad way wit words and everything i say will come out offensive when i dont really mean it to but i cant even read these replys anymore and hold my opinion back so here it goes........

i dj at xs on sat nites and for people to say the crowd at xs dont no music and could care less bout who is djing and blahblahblah is soo clueless its not even funny.....majority of the people in xs are from staten island brooklyn and queens believe it or not and alot of them used to live at sound factory, cheetah,centro fly back in the day among other places and would prob make ur head spin wit there knowledge of house musicthey have....

and not everyone in xs is under 21 also soo if anything has to be said bout the music at xs its that the majority of the people PREFER wat were doing over there....tell whatever dj u listen to to drop rem losing my religion or the police,men without hats or watever else i been playin over at xs and have a sea of people rockin wit u,thats the vibe and intentions we came to seaside wit.....to keep it funn and exciting...to bring u wat is really hot now and for alot of use who still do the sound factory 1998 shuffle shoulder hop wit ur diesel jeans rolled up and go to clubs to be " fierce " wit ur collars popped its not marshall jefferson house music anthem sorry to break it to use.....when u have djs like cipha sounds commin thru from hot 97 droppin a hip hop set to andrew mendez who turned that mutha fucka out on the house tip and me and unique wit the curve ball playin old school music u couldnt even imagine hearing in a nite club u got urself a party that makes people talk...its really sad that people are soo upset over one partyy...u all should take one of these busses that drop u drunk kids off at nite clubs to manhatten and open ur ears to wats goin on out there.....its a hip hop /rock/80s thing right now and the good people over at xs gave us the blessing to do wat we doo and trust us wit our judgement of bein loose cannons behind the turntables....soo if u really want to break it down and wonder where everyone is and why let me give u some advicee.......

it easy to sit on message boards and bash parties and promote ur event but theres a whole nother world out there besides club planet.com or any other board for that matter, try to go out there and reach people make phone calls do something....anything but sit here and try to point a finger on someone or something cause that wont get results at all

it is such a shame to see u all act like this cause of one party.....if i offended anyone im sorry but this is the way it iss

hope to see u all at xs =]

> > SaL kLuTcH

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Temps hasn't been up to it's usual vibe the past couple weeks. I missed that one weekend after memorial day weekend, b/c I was really sick. But, I don't understand why anyone would wait until July to start going. Especially if the club is open 3 months out of the year. For me, last year was the first year for me at Temps. Before then I've heard and read on this board of how "sick" the vibe is in there. So last summer, with high expectations of the place, I decided to go, and it was even better then what I expected. No club has that energy you feel when you walk in through those doors at temps, once your 3 feet into the club you got people dancing left and right all because of Denny's music, and that energy when you walk in never dies down the whole night. And before you know it, the lights are coming on and it's 4am, and you just don't want it to end. I've been too numerous clubs both in nyc and nj on numerous nights, but in my opinion, nothing beats Tempts. People need to remind themselves of the vibe and energy in that place and they'll be back in no time.

e, k & g are out! GET OVER IT! those days are OVER! u can do a bump of mizz or tina(if your into that) & drink a couple cocktails & talk to girls that arent fucked up!

i'm not into hip hop @ all & jp is my fa dj but enough is enough!

Tempts Had Been Slow But Denny Has Been Playing To Perfection, I'm Sure Things Will Pick Back Up, Hip Hop Is Cool If You're 17

Tommy you bring up a great point and I want to add to it:

Seaside made most clubs 18 for girls to party to help out the other clubs that were not doing as good as Tempts!!!! So what happened?????? Well IMO, the 18 yr old crowd loves hip-hop(at least they dont know any better) and yes quite a few of the Tempts-heads have been frequenting Xs!!!!! But where the hell is everyone else? Seaside itsself has been dying over the years and this is the worst its been..................Maybe the town needs to talk with the cops and say:

"hey, instead of 100 of you cops sitting in front of every club harrassing all the club-goers and basically standing there doing nothing else, why dont you clean up the streets: the muggers, the stabbers and the out-right thug element that just keeps getting worse and worse"

Who the fuck wants to deal with that shit............I think people are going elsewhere like Belmar and Pt Pleasant cause I refuse to believe that the majority of the Tempts crew is over at Xs(no offense Pitek)...........

As far as myself goes I wont be there again this weekend due to a surgical procedure I am having on my wrist(yes my masterbation hand!) So I am sorry but will be making several appearences after that!!!!!!

Denny has been incredible as always and I am sure things will pick up after the 4th..............

Yo what the fuck?! Where have all you people been? Where has the legendary tempts VIBE gone? I tell you what...it sure has NOTHING to do with the club or the way denny is playing. IN fact, I have been going to tempts for years and this is the best I have heard denny play week in and week out....so where the fuck are you supposed Tempts heads who talk mad shit about how siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick the summer gonna be at tempts, but then you only go on holidays and special events....POSERS! The Temptations gods are furious and something has to be done.

I mean seriously, even the bouncers are upset because they dont even get to fuck as many people up and carry out as many dipshits anymore!!!!!

This is a TEMPTS CALL TO ARMS. For all those people who say they love tempts, act like they love tempts and talk mad shit about how theyre gonna rip it up every weekend but then dont even show their sorry faces, IM TALKING TO YOU. LEST WE FORGET, some of the greatest times of our clubbing lives were spent at tempts, at the skilled hands of Mr Tsettos.

So where are THE PEOPLE? Did they get old and grow out of it? Did they decide to follow the "scene"? Are they just fucking cheap and lazy? COME BACK AND MAKE THE CLUB AS GREAT AS IT IS!!

I was talking to Tempskid this weekend at TEMPTS about the state of affairs at our beloved club and we came to the realization that the VIBE is not there right now but can and must be restored.

SO stop be fucking jackoffs and come home because you know you can never have as much fun anywhere else. And for real, denny is ripping the sickest beats this summer. I been there every week and checked out a few of the other clubs and by far, the music at tempts has been waaaaaaaay better (no offense to those other clubs/djs/promoters/etc). Ask anyone who know anything about music who has been there.

Dont forget the place. The memories, the music and the mayhem. The most energy of any club anywhere...

COME TO TEMPTS< STAY AT TEMPTS< JOIN THE FAMILY <BE PART OF THE LEGEND

Keep the vibe alive,

Eric

Good post.

e, k & g are out! GET OVER IT! those days are OVER! u can do a bump of mizz or tina(if your into that) & drink a couple cocktails & talk to girls that arent fucked up!

i'm not into hip hop @ all & jp is my fa dj but enough is enough!

I agree but thats not what makes the vibe.........it may add to it but to say thats all it was is out right moronic!!!

not for nothing i tried to keep out of this whole xs tempts discussion thing cause i have a really bad way wit words and everything i say will come out offensive when i dont really mean it to but i cant even read these replys anymore and hold my opinion back so here it goes........

i dj at xs on sat nites and for people to say the crowd at xs dont no music and could care less bout who is djing and blahblahblah is soo clueless its not even funny.....majority of the people in xs are from staten island brooklyn and queens believe it or not and alot of them used to live at sound factory, cheetah,centro fly back in the day among other places and would prob make ur head spin wit there knowledge of house musicthey have....

and not everyone in xs is under 21 also soo if anything has to be said bout the music at xs its that the majority of the people PREFER wat were doing over there....tell whatever dj u listen to to drop rem losing my religion or the police,men without hats or watever else i been playin over at xs and have a sea of people rockin wit u,thats the vibe and intentions we came to seaside wit.....to keep it funn and exciting...to bring u wat is really hot now and for alot of use who still do the sound factory 1998 shuffle shoulder hop wit ur diesel jeans rolled up and go to clubs to be " fierce " wit ur collars popped its not marshall jefferson house music anthem sorry to break it to use.....when u have djs like cipha sounds commin thru from hot 97 droppin a hip hop set to andrew mendez who turned that mutha fucka out on the house tip and me and unique wit the curve ball playin old school music u couldnt even imagine hearing in a nite club u got urself a party that makes people talk...its really sad that people are soo upset over one partyy...u all should take one of these busses that drop u drunk kids off at nite clubs to manhatten and open ur ears to wats goin on out there.....its a hip hop /rock/80s thing right now and the good people over at xs gave us the blessing to do wat we doo and trust us wit our judgement of bein loose cannons behind the turntables....soo if u really want to break it down and wonder where everyone is and why let me give u some advicee.......

it easy to sit on message boards and bash parties and promote ur event but theres a whole nother world out there besides club planet.com or any other board for that matter, try to go out there and reach people make phone calls do something....anything but sit here and try to point a finger on someone or something cause that wont get results at all

it is such a shame to see u all act like this cause of one party.....if i offended anyone im sorry but this is the way it iss

hope to see u all at xs =]

> > SaL kLuTcH

yo sal, dont take offense at what has been said regardingthe xs party. it's obvious that the party is a success for numerous reasons that have NOTHING to do with why tempts has been slow this year. You know I love how you spin. tha main point i was making is NOT that people who do not like tempts/the music should come...my main point was that people who claim they are all about tempts should ante up and fucking show face on regular nights not just holidays like all the other posers and tourists.

STOP MAKING THIS A HIP-HOP VS CLUB MUSIC DEBATE or A TEMPTS VS. XS DEBATE. THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT CROWDS!!! MY ISSUE IS WITH THE SUPPOSED "TEMPTS CROWD" WHO TALK LIKE THEY ARE ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOUT GOING, TALKED MAD SHIT ALL SPRING AND ACT LIKE THEY ARE BUT THEN DON'T EVEN SHOW UP.

STOP MAKING THIS A HIP-HOP VS CLUB MUSIC DEBATE or A TEMPTS VS. XS DEBATE. THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT CROWDS!!! MY ISSUE IS WITH THE SUPPOSED "TEMPTS CROWD" WHO TALK LIKE THEY ARE ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOUT GOING, TALKED MAD SHIT ALL SPRING AND ACT LIKE THEY ARE BUT THEN DON'T EVEN SHOW UP.

:clap2:

hey I said nothing of the sort my opinion is that the crowds are somewhat different so "where did the Tempts people go".....Im blaming seaside and the people are finally fed up with the sludge it really is!!!!! Lets face it over the years the only thing that has been attracting the so called "guido community" to seaside is the clubs.......but how long could that last...........I think people are going elsewhere!!!!!!! Not just Xs..............

Tommy you bring up a great point and I want to add to it:

Seaside made most clubs 18 for girls to party to help out the other clubs that were not doing as good as Tempts!!!! So what happened?????? Well IMO, the 18 yr old crowd loves hip-hop(at least they dont know any better) and yes quite a few of the Tempts-heads have been frequenting Xs!!!!! But where the hell is everyone else? Seaside itsself has been dying over the years and this is the worst its been..................Maybe the town needs to talk with the cops and say:

"hey, instead of 100 of you cops sitting in front of every club harrassing all the club-goers and basically standing there doing nothing else, why dont you clean up the streets: the muggers, the stabbers and the out-right thug element that just keeps getting worse and worse"

Who the fuck wants to deal with that shit............I think people are going elsewhere like Belmar and Pt Pleasant cause I refuse to believe that the majority of the Tempts crew is over at Xs(no offense Pitek)...........

As far as myself goes I wont be there again this weekend due to a surgical procedure I am having on my wrist(yes my masterbation hand!) So I am sorry but will be making several appearences after that!!!!!!

Denny has been incredible as always and I am sure things will pick up after the 4th..............

Yes and for the rest of the summer...we need a special VIP section so noone bumps Stiffler's arm...Or they'll have to listen to me!!! :mad:

hey I said nothing of the sort my opinion is that the crowds are somewhat different so "where did the Tempts people go".....Im blaming seaside and the people are finally fed up with the sludge it really is!!!!! Lets face it over the years the only thing that has been attracting the so called "guido community" to seaside is the clubs.......but how long could that last...........I think people are going elsewhere!!!!!!! Not just Xs..............

that post wasnt in response to anything you said....

Oh and I apologize... We missed last weekend and this weekend due to circumstances beyond our control but we will be there to support the Temptations family for the rest of the summer!! I love Tempts and I am positive the true Tempts fans will come home from the 4th on....

let the record show that i love hip hop, attended XS for over an hour saturday (got there early) and got drunk as hell there, then went to tempts for the remainder of my night out....you CAN go other places....once again the bottom line is if you talk shit, back it up

Oh and I apologize... We missed last weekend and this weekend due to circumstances beyond our control but we will be there to support the Temptations family for the rest of the summer!! I love Tempts and I am positive the true Tempts fans will come home from the 4th on....

that is okay. i will actually be absent this coming weekend (first miss...), which makes my call to arms seemingly ill-timed but fuck that, this issue had to be addressed immediately.

Looking forward to the Tempts Renaissance,

Eric

Hey let me just add here that I know of a lot of people who always had a house in seaside that now have houses in Belmar!!!!! I also know of alot of rentals unrented in seaside that were normally packed!!!!!! The problem is bigger than just one club to another on the strip!!!!

Yo what the fuck?! Where have all you people been? Where has the legendary tempts VIBE gone? I tell you what...it sure has NOTHING to do with the club or the way denny is playing. IN fact, I have been going to tempts for years and this is the best I have heard denny play week in and week out....so where the fuck are you supposed Tempts heads who talk mad shit about how siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick the summer gonna be at tempts, but then you only go on holidays and special events....POSERS! The Temptations gods are furious and something has to be done.

I mean seriously, even the bouncers are upset because they dont even get to fuck as many people up and carry out as many dipshits anymore!!!!!

This is a TEMPTS CALL TO ARMS. For all those people who say they love tempts, act like they love tempts and talk mad shit about how theyre gonna rip it up every weekend but then dont even show their sorry faces, IM TALKING TO YOU. LEST WE FORGET, some of the greatest times of our clubbing lives were spent at tempts, at the skilled hands of Mr Tsettos.

So where are THE PEOPLE? Did they get old and grow out of it? Did they decide to follow the "scene"? Are they just fucking cheap and lazy? COME BACK AND MAKE THE CLUB AS GREAT AS IT IS!!

I was talking to Tempskid this weekend at TEMPTS about the state of affairs at our beloved club and we came to the realization that the VIBE is not there right now but can and must be restored.

SO stop be fucking jackoffs and come home because you know you can never have as much fun anywhere else. And for real, denny is ripping the sickest beats this summer. I been there every week and checked out a few of the other clubs and by far, the music at tempts has been waaaaaaaay better (no offense to those other clubs/djs/promoters/etc). Ask anyone who know anything about music who has been there.

Dont forget the place. The memories, the music and the mayhem. The most energy of any club anywhere...

COME TO TEMPTS< STAY AT TEMPTS< JOIN THE FAMILY <BE PART OF THE LEGEND

Keep the vibe alive,

Eric

It is a ashame, this is the first year I havent been going weel in week out in 6 years

as you get older you are into other things

I like Temps but cant go every week, the shore is very expensive... I know when I go down on weekends last year I would easily drop 5 bills and have nothing to show for

Plus more people are into the hip hop now... I think Denny is off the hook I will always love house music but I think other people feel different about house music

Times are different house was all it was back in 98 99 now that is when Temps was off the hook!!! no year will ever come close to that

I willbe at Temps Sunday 4th of July weekend

Hey ya doin

that is okay. i will actually be absent this coming weekend (first miss...), which makes my call to arms seemingly ill-timed but fuck that, this issue had to be addressed immediately.

Looking forward to the Tempts Renaissance,

Eric

You are cracking me up with your choice of phrases/words....ill-timed, renassiance, let the record show, call to arms

:laugh: :laugh:

I've heard this every June for the past 3/4 years now and every year from July 4th weekend on you don't hear another word. It will be the same this year.

Denny has been on fire (i've been twice so far and will be there this weekend w/about 30 people, several Tempts "virgins") - no question better than he usually is early in the year - but as usual everybody tries to do the "new thing" early in the summer. Do not fret as they will all come back home over the next few weekends and by mid-July Tempts will be Tempts once again!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

EXACTLY happens every year...TEMPS will survive..come on Temps, Denny, the family...no one can stop it...as for the VIBE the vibe is there...back bar was crazy...but I do agree come out and get your as$ to Temps,,,hip hop..UUGHHHHH...no doubt Denny is playing the best I've heard him...

club75..birthday party is gonna be ugly..I will keep you out and a mess for the WHOLE weekend

yo sal, dont take offense at what has been said regardingthe xs party. it's obvious that the party is a success for numerous reasons that have NOTHING to do with why tempts has been slow this year. You know I love how you spin. tha main point i was making is NOT that people who do not like tempts/the music should come...my main point was that people who claim they are all about tempts should ante up and fucking show face on regular nights not just holidays like all the other posers and tourists.

ditto :bowdown: