Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TOPIC: Why do you think Temps/Merge dead, XS packed, & what may fix it?

I know what my oppnions are. I really am unsure about allot of it. I beleive that people want to go where they think is "in" and its not temps and merge. I think somthing crazy needs to be done somthing that makes every mother fucker and there mother say "WTF?????! i gotta fucken check this shit out!"

I mean i know this is it. Becuase i spoke with allot of people and they all go to xs becuase its "The hottest party in seaside"

..........But why is it the hottest party in seaside? Yeah hahah good promtions... just another club with sheets hanging out the window.

..........But why is it the hottest party in seaside? Yeah hahah good promtions... just another club with sheets hanging out the window.

just putting denny's name on the sign out front won't cut it anymore.. they need theme parties and a lil more effort..

both clubs are very slow.. i remember being at merge last year for the 2nd aniv. party and it was packed .. last sat was a ghost town..

just putting denny's name on the sign out front won't cut it anymore.. they need theme parties and a lil more effort..

both clubs are very slow.. i remember being at merge last year for the 2nd aniv. party and it was packed .. last sat was a ghost town..

hey i dident see you inside

whys that?!

U got to give credit to the guys running the party at Xs !!!!!!!!!

There making sure all there friends are there and yes theme parties do work for the club goers this year, who don't know who Testtos or Rydell really are!!!!!

Who ever the chick was that peformed, people really wanted to see.

Very commercial, some of my friends from my hometown were like bla bla was singing, I was like who ?????????

But they left Tempts when I wasn't looking and they payed for it later !!!!!

But Xs is doing good, Tempts and Merge will do fine too, it's only one weekend, fathers day actually became important to people for once.

xs has a good promo and they are 18+, playing desirable commercial hip hop, house and performances that people want to see. those guys definitely know how to throw a party and i wouldnt take anything away from them. their work has paid off cuz xs is blowing up.

merge has a decent promo and richie is a good dj but i just dont know if there is room in seaside to fill two all-house-music clubs...as of now, there is not enough to fill ONE! i remember last year most people started the night at merge then went to tempts...same crowd for the most part. so wherever the tempts crowd went, there went the merge crowd.

the big issue is that many of the older tempts/merge peeps just dont go out any more and the new kids are not taking their place. they are going to xs cuz of the promo. they are familiar with Abyss/Deko parties since they were 18 and go to hear unique and manny and are familiar with the type of party it is...plus it's the "place to be"

tempts was always the "place to be". i think merge and tempts will bounce back but it is all about getting the word to the younger group there.

Personally, I think it's too early to judge. XS has their new party and all the best to them. People always want to check out something new and there's nothing wrong with that. I just think after some of the hype dies down things will even out for all three places.

I just find it really funny how people who love Tsettos and Tempts or love Rydell and Merge are now saying XS is the best thing. It's funny how quickly people change and loyalty goes out the window....I'm sure they are now asking all the promoters at XS for comps and want hook-ups from the bartenders!

Personally, I think it's too early to judge. XS has their new party and all the best to them. People always want to check out something new and there's nothing wrong with that. I just think after some of the hype dies down things will even out for all three places.

I just find it really funny how people who love Tsettos and Tempts or love Rydell and Merge are now saying XS is the best thing. It's funny how quickly people change and loyalty goes out the window....I'm sure they are now asking all the promoters at XS for comps and want hook-ups from the bartenders!

time will tell, but it better tell soon.

xs has a good promo and they are 18+, playing desirable commercial hip hop, house and performances that people want to see. those guys definitely know how to throw a party and i wouldnt take anything away from them. their work has paid off cuz xs is blowing up.

merge has a decent promo and richie is a good dj but i just dont know if there is room in seaside to fill two all-house-music clubs...as of now, there is not enough to fill ONE! i remember last year most people started the night at merge then went to tempts...same crowd for the most part. so wherever the tempts crowd went, there went the merge crowd.

the big issue is that many of the older tempts/merge peeps just dont go out any more and the new kids are not taking their place. they are going to xs cuz of the promo. they are familiar with Abyss/Deko parties since they were 18 and go to hear unique and manny and are familiar with the type of party it is...plus it's the "place to be"

tempts was always the "place to be". i think merge and tempts will bounce back but it is all about getting the word to the younger group there.

I totally agree with Eric...you also have to mention that Surf Club Sundays are dead as well. Alot of peeps avoided getting houses this year b/c of the last year's wet, soggy season. But as soon as the weather warms up, the older merge/tempts/surf crowd will come out of the wood work and the shore will be alive and kickin again!! (hope hope)

I totally agree with Eric...you also have to mention that Surf Club Sundays are dead as well. Alot of peeps avoided getting houses this year b/c of the last year's wet, soggy season. But as soon as the weather warms up, the older merge/tempts/surf crowd will come out of the wood work and the shore will be alive and kickin again!! (hope hope)

thats true, those old folks try to avoid the rain. it makes their spikes poofy!!!

I agree w/ you Cigs..XS is new and they are doign a great job..I think htye are catering to the young crowd who dig hip hop..whcih actually is a good thing you can not have both clubs doing the same thing! Rememebr last year?? Richie and Denny..bad move fighting over the same crowd...Father's Day weekend is always a disaster...graduaation parties, father's day celebration...I heard Surf was slow too...was that due to XS being busy... no!!!! Get over it. We are relatively where we should be at this time of year..XS has a whole nother age group to add into its numbers. I do not want to see 21 & under @ Temps...let them fill up XS then BOTH club can be successful that is the game plan...however all you die hard Temps fan needs to put up or shut up and stop being trendy..its disappoiting.

jsut one point bout Merge

if Hip-Hop is sooo big then why did they do away wit the Hip-Hop room they had estbalished 2 years ago. it was drawin a crowd

its all about having the right guy at the door...........lol

you cant let the thugs in and it takes BIG BALLS to turn down a thug

my specialty .......... THAT WHY DIVA always had a hot crowd

I am sure Victor Soto will maintain the clean crowd at DIVa

Keep it up VIC..... :-)

Well Diesel D worked the door at Merge back then and you cant say that chick didnt have big balls!!! (in terms of tougness)........not to mention she was cool as hell!!!!

yeah she had balls but they still let the thugs flow in

You need the best of the best

<------------------------------ :)

its all about having the right guy at the door...........lol

you cant let the thugs in and it takes BIG BALLS to turn down a thug

my specialty .......... THAT WHY DIVA always had a hot crowd

I am sure Victor Soto will maintain the clean crowd at DIVa

Keep it up VIC..... :-)

Thanks Billy,

We do what we gotta do and that is maintaining a nice venue for our clientele ! When are you gonna be djing at XS? When is your a** coming down?

Victor Soto

Fixing the problam wont fix anything. Its what the crowd wants and what

promoters have to offer. Personally I think people want somewhere where

where they can get dressed up for the summer, look good, feel good, and leave feeling the same way. As for leaving a venue where everyone looks like they

came out of a oven. People like it and people dont or people want to do it

once in a while. This is not bashing anyone. For those that partied for a

while now knows what im talking about. It was good at one time, but not all

the time now. I have been going to Tempts since 97,98, ect ect. I am a

TEMPT's warrior so no one cant tell me I am wrong. I went every Sat and

jammed to Denny. Tempts will always be in the Limylyte every summer down the shore. But understand not every venue every year can be in the Lymelyte. I feel as though Denny & us made Seaside what it is now "a place to go every summer so we can listen to good music from our local dj's, rent shore houses, do afterhours, holla! , and enjoy with friends". The closing parties at Tempts will always be in our memories, ALWAYS !!!.The new crew now in Merge with Petey are doing a good job. I feel its good that we have

different choices to choice from down the shore. Richie is got to be one of

our great local dj's that know how to cater to a crowd. That is an A+. The

Merge/Metro crew have been around for a while and they know how to throw

parties. I always give them credit due to the fact they know how to repay

their customers.

Victor Soto

yep...for the most part..and you need to different venues to be successful

Well than Im sure the owners arent unhappy....Xs was on a downfall for the past few years and Im glad to hear its doing so well and Tempts definitely wont be a dissapointment............so hats off to the owners!!!!! :hat:

Also happy to know that my friends at Elite along with Nu society have brought Xs back to life!!!

But Im still a Temptshead!!!!

i dont think people go out as much to clubs as they use to. There use to be lines in front of Tempts, bermuda and XS. I think the scene has died down a little bit. People get tired of going out and its either a fight or some other sort of drama. Not to mention seaside rep has gotten worse over the years and people don't want to go there as much anymore. There just aren't enough people going out anymore. Not to mention $20 covers and $10 drinks some people just dont feel like spending that much

Tempts had great music this weekend. Denny was definatly dropping some good beats. Glad he doesn't play hip hop though.

hip hop = thugs

thugs = trouble and interracial babies LOL

Well than Im sure the owners arent unhappy....Xs was on a downfall for the past few years and Im glad to hear its doing so well and Tempts definitely wont be a dissapointment............so hats off to the owners!!!!! :hat:

Also happy to know that my friends at Elite along with Nu society have brought Xs back to life!!!

But Im still a Temptshead!!!!

Well you are the mayor of the place!