Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jeter is one hell of a competitor!

No one (at least not me) is denying that Jeter has heart and plays with all he's got. The guy does deserve respect. But he's not the best SS in the game so everyone just give it up.

He may not put up the best numbers but if I needed a SS for my team I'd take him over anybody else...

If he's so good (the best shortstop in Baseball as you say) then why are they gonna let him walk at the end of the year when they get bounced from the playoffs yet again??

Nomar was offered a good contract, but he turned it down..... I blame Mia, she has this bro all tied up in a twist :love: . He wants to be with her and shit... now all of a sudden, Pokey comes along and fills in great. Now, the prospective teams out west are doing ok, they wont shell out much $$ after adjusted payouts are considered, so, in essence, he would have to take a less paying job than what was offered in Boston... but being human, we always scurry back to the sweeter deal that was offered b4, problem is, the deal aint on the table no more Nomar :( And this is not taking into account that he's sulked ever since he came back. To me, he's more of a prodigal son, you dont turn him away.. make him think twice of his priorities..then and just then, will he get into his old groove.

Whether he's cut or not, its just a sweet feeling that he's a better player than primadonna Jeter :)

• 1 month later...

And with all that information, I'm sold on Jeter. If I started a team today, he's the first guy I'd want. No question.

See, you want a guy who is all about winning. It's the first and last thing he thinks about. Yeah, there are guys out there who hustle and say they want to win, but it doesn't consume them the way it consumes Jeter.

When it's game time, Jeter isn't out there to be your buddy and say "nice play" if you get him out. He's out there to kick your ass.

Wanting to win to that degree isn't something you can practice. Very few guy have that desire. Larry Bird had it. Michael Jordan had it.

There are many people out there that look at Alex Rodriguez this way. Well, Alex may be one of the best players in the game, but he definitely doesn't have what Jeter has.

When the Yankees made the trade for A-Rod, there was all sorts of talk that Jeter shouldn't play short. The best player on the team should, and everyone said that was A-Rod.

Well, I'll tell you -- Joe Torre did the right thing. He put his best player at short.

Those are words of WISDOM from John Kruk, thanks for sharing.

And with all that information, I'm sold on Jeter. If I started a team today, he's the first guy I'd want. No question.

See, you want a guy who is all about winning. It's the first and last thing he thinks about. Yeah, there are guys out there who hustle and say they want to win, but it doesn't consume them the way it consumes Jeter.

When it's game time, Jeter isn't out there to be your buddy and say "nice play" if you get him out. He's out there to kick your ass.

Wanting to win to that degree isn't something you can practice. Very few guy have that desire. Larry Bird had it. Michael Jordan had it.

There are many people out there that look at Alex Rodriguez this way. Well, Alex may be one of the best players in the game, but he definitely doesn't have what Jeter has.

When the Yankees made the trade for A-Rod, there was all sorts of talk that Jeter shouldn't play short. The best player on the team should, and everyone said that was A-Rod.

Well, I'll tell you -- Joe Torre did the right thing. He put his best player at short.

Those are words of WISDOM from John Kruk, thanks for sharing.

and taken from the guy who believes JOHN KRUK is the means by which all men are measured........

wait...... :laugh:

no no, hang on a sec

:laugh:

I cant stop there.............. :laugh:

omg...how these Yankees fans fake having a clue.....ROTFLMFAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and taken from the guy who believes JOHN KRUK is the means by which all men are measured........

wait...... :laugh:

no no, hang on a sec

:laugh:

I cant stop there.............. :laugh:

omg...how these Yankees fans fake having a clue.....ROTFLMFAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Who said that?? Take it for what you will, but I'll take the opinion of people who actually have played the game over some jaded Red Sox fan...

Who said that?? Take it for what you will, but I'll take the opinion of people who actually have played the game over some jaded Red Sox fan...

I'm definitely not a jaded Red Sox fan, but honestly, I think Kruk sucks. On Baseball Tonite, he sounds like a moron half the time with the stupid shit he spits out of his mouth.

I'm definitely not a jaded Red Sox fan, but honestly, I think Kruk sucks. On Baseball Tonite, he sounds like a moron half the time with the stupid shit he spits out of his mouth.

Examples???

i guess i havnt seen enough of him to agree with that,

What i have seen of him hes been on point

Especially last night calling out Loaiza prefacing it by sayin "i dont know if hes hurt , so that could be an excuse , but that he ABsolutely gave up on his team by throwing basically B.P fastballs and junk

I really haven't seen enough of him on ESPN to form a valid opinion. However, I've read a bunch of his columns on ESPN.com and they're mostly solid reads. He seems like the type not to sugarcoat anything which is something I appreciate. Again, because he is a former player, and understands the workings of a big league locker room, I tend to give more credence to what he says than your average sportswriter....

Jaded??? y'ok

I still say A-Rod is the better shortstop......and 95% of the nation would agree with me

It depends on what you define as "better". If you want someone to build your lineup around... A-Rod is your choice. If you want someone to build your infield around... A-Rod is your choice. If you want someone to build your fantasy team around... A-Rod is your choice. If you need to win one game or if you're down to your last out and you need a clutch hit... I'm taking Jeter.

It depends on what you define as "better". If you want someone to build your lineup around... A-Rod is your choice. If you want someone to build your infield around... A-Rod is your choice. If you want someone to build your fantasy team around... A-Rod is your choice. If you need to win one game or if you're down to your last out and you need a clutch hit... I'm taking Jeter.

so whats that got to do with him commanding the position all season? he could move to second and still make his clutch hits

so whats that got to do with him commanding the position all season? he could move to second and still make his clutch hits

He could... but why should he have to? They've won 4 championships with this formula so it's not like it hasn't worked. It's not like Jeter is a terrible shortstop. A-Rod as a stronger arm and is more physically talented so it benefits the team more if he is at third.

this fight was over like 10 months ago. Leter does not have the arm to play third, if he went to secone you still would have to get a third baseman and because they already had 2 second baseman on the roster, wilson cairo, it made sense to put arod at third.

they are still gay

attachment.php?attachmentid=33489

yeh i guess a pic of a friend picking up another friend in celebration after winning a game is kind a funny

not sure if its worthy of saying Oh MY GOD!!! and then rolling on the floor laughing my ass off

or voting it #1 pic of the year

if thats the case then i think i just lost all bodily functions to this one:

"Yeah sure i could use a new jizz towel"

2629402_7_1.jpg

damn....you stay glued to my sac

suck on someone else's nuts...I got no time for you

sorry son, Spraggas got dibs on that shriveled little teabag

ITs ok you having no time for me will save me the utter disgust of having to read your bullshit posts and weak attempts at acting like a big man

So if you mean it.. please dont respond to any of my posts then