Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ppl show me the NYC nightlife

Sup ppl

Im a 19 year old dominican college student from carnegie mellon university in pittsburgh. Obviously you can't compare pittsburgh with ny in any way, ny kicks ass. So thats why I'm in ny for the summer, just to have a taste of this awesome town. I dont know anyone in the city, and I really want to meet some people and dance all night long. so if anyone can tell me whats going on, wheres a good place to meet girls or anything else I would appreciate it very much, thanks a lot.

Sup ppl

Im a 19 year old dominican college student from carnegie mellon university in pittsburgh. Obviously you can't compare pittsburgh with ny in any way, ny kicks ass. So thats why I'm in ny for the summer, just to have a taste of this awesome town. I dont know anyone in the city, and I really want to meet some people and dance all night long. so if anyone can tell me whats going on, wheres a good place to meet girls or anything else I would appreciate it very much, thanks a lot.

it might be tough getting in anywhere decent without an ID... if you can get hold of one try flow on saturdays....

im not sure if avalon is 18+ i think webster hall is 18+ so it looks like that might be your only bet... goodluck with the ID hunt..

thx for the tip, does anyone know where can I get a good fake id from? I know of some places but their id's are pretty crappy.

dont buy those fake id's that they sell in and around st marks. place... try asking around and seeing fi anyone has an extra id...

ItalianP, I can't believe you haven't chimed in and suggested Webster Hall. Yo Plasma, talk to ItalianP, she's the resident expert on Webster Hall, she'll hook you up. Best place to go if you're new in town and underage.

LoL.. I knew it was prob you who told him to pm lol...

where have u been hiding? have u gone out since my b day?

LoL.. I knew it was prob you who told him to pm lol...

where have u been hiding? have u gone out since my b day?

Hehe, just think of me as your referral service. Course i gone out since then, I been all over. Maybe we should take Plasma to WH this weekend, introduce him to the NYC nightlife :beer:

Sup ppl

Dude,

SandBar in Jersey City, Ok on the music side, age group across the board,

enough friendly females..... Good party crowd

Sunday anyone can have a good time

Only thing don't get into any fights - Jersey City has lots of gangs....

Respect - and you'll have a blast from the past,,,

Sup ppl

dude, if you're living in the city, don't rely on ppl from this board for nightlife. most CPers are from Jersey and outer boroughs, so they don't know much about the smaller, generally more frequent (and better) parties. i say that cuz im an ex-pat myself.

otherwise go out and talk to bartenders and waitstaff, they always know whats up.

here are some suggestions for this week.

Sunday - Deep or Cielo

Monday - Sullivan Room

Tuesday - Filter14

Wed - Table 50

Thursday - Ming n FS free party

Fri - Sat too many to list.

if u need any more info pm me. dont bother me bout a fake, cuz i cant help out with that.

let him experience everything thats out there. He might like the bigger venues like WH and spirit. From what he said about spirit, it seems that he does.

no doubt, but when u live in the city, there are good parties during the week that alot of people on the board may not know about. most of those bigger venues u mentioned are weekend spots.

also, webster hall from what i hear is no longer going to be club oriented. there is a new booking agent called "The Bowery Presents" that will be bringing in bands for there all weekend. after 11, they may open it up to club music, but im not positive. this starts mid aug i think with sonic youth is gunna be the opener.

no doubt, but when u live in the city, there are good parties during the week that alot of people on the board may not know about. most of those bigger venues u mentioned are weekend spots.

also, webster hall from what i hear is no longer going to be club oriented. there is a new booking agent called "The Bowery Presents" that will be bringing in bands for there all weekend. after 11, they may open it up to club music, but im not positive. this starts mid aug i think with sonic youth is gunna be the opener.

AND WHERE DID U HEAR THIS ????????????

AND WHERE DID U HEAR THIS ????????????

i read it in two places, and then asked people in that scene to confirm. The Bowery Presents now has exclusive booking for Webster Hall (taken away from Clearchannel). BowPres is def. going to use it as a band venue, but like i said, it hasn't been determined if they will open it up to club music past 11.

i found this too..read toward the end.

http://www.nypress.com/17/28/news&columns/SarahShanok.cfm