Clubplanet Nightlife Community

And the 2004 Home Run Derby Champion is...

yeah, he was awesome last night

it gets tougher every year watching the derby. it just takes tooooooooo long in between batters and people get mad bored waiting to see some guy take his time strolling to the plate to take his cuts

The commercials are getting rediculous...

Sosa looked like shit last night. As much as I love seeing how far that fucker hits the ball. I am happy his inflated ego for that competition was deflated...

Tejada at first didnt look like he was going to do much. But then he got into his groove...

The commercials are getting rediculous...

Sosa looked like shit last night. As much as I love seeing how far that fucker hits the ball. I am happy his inflated ego for that competition was deflated...

Tejada at first didnt look like he was going to do much. But then he got into his groove...

To tell you the honest truth, part of Sammy's problem last nite was the guy who was throwing him the pitches. A lot of the pitches were out of wack. Sammy shouldn't have swung at so many of them.

To tell you the honest truth, part of Sammy's problem last nite was the guy who was throwing him the pitches. A lot of the pitches were out of wack. Sammy shouldn't have swung at so many of them.

He normally doesnt. He usually takes a pitch in between pitches. He did not do that. And he looked way over anxious...

Oh Well... But yeah the pitcher was throwing shit...

yeh it does take wayyyyyyy toooo long

they should cut it down to 5-7 outs instead of 10

Its not the amount of outs that is the problem...I like watching these guys take hacks, I just wanna see them take hacks instead of wait around for the commercial to end.

He has the perfect swing for the derby... When the hell was the last time he did compete... I remember one year him saying he was too tired to compete... That made me ill... :nono:

Yeah well Giambi and A-Rod pussied out this year. :rolleyes:

Matsui too

Matsui did not pussy out... He had a valid point. He did not think he deserved to be in the Derby... Neither do I... In america he is really not known as a homerun king, or power hitter... Yeah he has hit 16 or 17 this season... But he really does not have that swing. Maybe I am wrond. But he expressed valid points.

Matsui did not pussy out... He had a valid point. He did not think he deserved to be in the Derby... Neither do I... In america he is really not known as a homerun king, or power hitter... Yeah he has hit 16 or 17 this season... But he really does not have that swing. Maybe I am wrond. But he expressed valid points.

Tejada isn't a home run king either and he won it all.... Besides how many home runs you hit has no bearing on how well you'll do in this competition. Otherwise Bonds would win every year...

Tejada isn't a home run king either and he won it all.... Besides how many home runs you hit has no bearing on how well you'll do in this competition. Otherwise Bonds would win every year...

My point is that some people bitch out for bullshit. Like Piazza does every year, like Giambi did. A-Rod ( Injury ) and like Griffey does as always. He had his valid points... He does not play with the same head as alot of these stars play with. He is more for the game. You see it in him when he is at bat and when he is in the field. And in interviews...

My point is that some people bitch out for bullshit. Like Piazza does every year, like Giambi did. A-Rod ( Injury ) and like Griffey does as always. He had his valid points... He does not play with the same head as alot of these stars play with. He is more for the game. You see it in him when he is at bat and when he is in the field. And in interviews...

First of all Giambi was more than happy to do it. It was the Yankees who didn't want him to wear himself out coming back from the parasite thing so they made a compromise. I don't know what the situation was with A-Rod so I won't talk about that. The reason Piazza "bitches out" every year is because he just plain sucks at this contest. He did it for 2 years and had like 1 home run total. Griffey has a torn hamstring. It's a legitimate injury... It sucks but he's just a fragile player. As for Matsui, I understand his reasons for not doing it but he has more HR's than some of the players that were in the contest. So he was a valid choice. He may not be known as a huge power threat here but he is legendary in Japan and will probably wind up with 30-35 this year...