Clubplanet Nightlife Community

R.I.P.: Toyota Celica and MR2

Someone was just telling me about plans to bring back the supra.

lets hope they actually try to style it...unlike the recent new models

btw: I searched autoweek's website and found this:

Sources tell AutoWeek that Italdesign-Giugiaro’s Toyota Alessandro Volta hybrid gas-electric sports car, named our Most Significant car at the Geneva motor show (AW, March 15), is even more significant than we could have imagined. Word is the high-performance hybrid has been spotted circling the Toyota test track in Arizona at speeds in excess of 180 mph and that the car is actually a mildly disguised version of a new Supra. While a 400-hp hybrid sports car powertrain remains possible by 2007, we also hear rumors of a wild 500-hp mid-engine V8 Supra that would sell for more than $100,000

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=8172

Guest brwneydtrouble
lets hope they actually try to style it...unlike the recent new models

btw: I searched autoweek's website and found this:

Sources tell AutoWeek that Italdesign-Giugiaro’s Toyota Alessandro Volta hybrid gas-electric sports car, named our Most Significant car at the Geneva motor show (AW, March 15), is even more significant than we could have imagined. Word is the high-performance hybrid has been spotted circling the Toyota test track in Arizona at speeds in excess of 180 mph and that the car is actually a mildly disguised version of a new Supra. While a 400-hp hybrid sports car powertrain remains possible by 2007, we also hear rumors of a wild 500-hp mid-engine V8 Supra that would sell for more than $100,000

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=8172

Why the hell would I spend 100K on a V8 Supra when I could spend 70K on a 10 cyl viper?

Guest brwneydtrouble
The celica looks cute, but it doesnt have any balls...

and the mr2 turned into something it never should of been and without the forced induction it too lacks some balls

You mean a metamorphosis from a sleek, ferrari inspired design to the squashed bug look? I agree.

But still, I wouldn't say that the NA lacks balls. It surpasses other cars in its class in other areas other than a straight line with very little modification.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick solutions for Automotive Company

Toyota needs to get that Lexus roadster with that top that goes down in 25 sec; slap a hard top, grap a juicy 6cyl, strap a twin turbo on it and call it the new "Supra" comple with ground effects and suspension.

Dodge needs to take the 300c frame, make it a 2door, slap in the 425hp hemi, that will be release in the 300c in Feb, complet with suspension and effects and call it the "Charger"

Buick needs to take the straight 6 (275hp) out of the Trailblazer, put it into the new Pontiac GTO body, make some cosmetic changes like nose, tail lites, slap a turbo on it and call it the new "Grand National"

Chevy should retire the Impalla SS and the Monte Carlo SS, those cars are insulting with the 6 cyl supercharger making bout 240hp on front wheel drive, and anyone buying those models should be shot. :gang:

Quick solutions for Automotive Company

Toyota needs to get that Lexus roadster with that top that goes down in 25 sec; slap a hard top, grap a juicy 6cyl, strap a twin turbo on it and call it the new "Supra" comple with ground effects and suspension.

Dodge needs to take the 300c frame, make it a 2door, slap in the 425hp hemi, that will be release in the 300c in Feb, complet with suspension and effects and call it the "Charger"

Buick needs to take the straight 6 (275hp) out of the Trailblazer, put it into the new Pontiac GTO body, make some cosmetic changes like nose, tail lites, slap a turbo on it and call it the new "Grand National"

Chevy should retire the Impalla SS and the Monte Carlo SS, those cars are insulting with the 6 cyl supercharger making bout 240hp on front wheel drive, and anyone buying those models should be shot. :gang:

but it's still American made.......German cars have a completely different feel to them, hard to explain. Not to mention plus they handle better, look better(IMO), last longer, better quality. On the outside your little quick fix sounds good......

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, im writing this from my freinds account..just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

(this is not trancesun2)

german is horrible if youre refering to VW. VW makes some of the worst cars known to man(and they are UGLY) BMW i dig. Very nice, well built..fast...etc etc..TOO BAD EVERY BRAT IN NY ROCKS A 3 SERIES, in my opinion that looks bad for the beamer..i would never want to be labeled as one of those punks. As for the celica, i have owned one for the past 2 years. I dont drive it, its just for show. only has 7k miles on it. TO THE SHOP AND BACK. and i personally think that the celica is a GREAT CAR. Cant be beat with handling. Diet sports car?..YES....BUTTTTTTTT with some $$$$ you can look at something around 350whp(and dont call BS without knowing..because i will take the time to list on the bottom what is needed to do so, So many punks saw the Fast and The Furious and got into "hooking up" cars...but in reality, all they do is get an exhaust which they think gives them 15hp LMAO when its not even a catback...and catbacks dont even do more than 6., they get UGLY cheap chrome wheels..and pretty much make their cars look like ass. And these are the same punks who will rev on me acting all tuff..when their car has no engine mods..and any real car enthusiast knows. NEVER RACE ON THE STREET! Im sick of reading about people dieing in street races, YOUR NOT VIN FUCKING DIESEL, SO GET OVER IT. Any wayz, this car is NOT A DAILY DRIVER, and the sad part is, if you want a fast celica, you cant have it as a daily driver. A 350whp engine on the GT celica is just too much to handle for everyday use. It needs CONSTANT maintance. n e wayz, here are some pics of my car. RIP celica, you definitly are one SEXY BITCH!

before i bother posting the pics, if anyone wants to claim that im talking out of my ass about a 350whp celica..well, This is what you would need to do it..THESE ARE REAL ENGINE MODS.

T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo by Turbo-Performance.com

8.8:1 Weisco Pistons

Crower Rods

EIP Tuning Copper Head Gasket

370cc RC Engineering Injectors

255lph Fuel Pump

Custom Fuel Rail

AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator

Greddy E-Manage PiggyBack

All new bigger fuel lines

ACT 6 Puck Racing Clutch

ACT Xtreme Pressure Plate

Fidenza Flywheel

AEM Underdrive Pulleys

B&M Short Shifter

Apexi N1 Turbo Exhaust

Solid Motor Mounts

Energy Suspension Bushings Front and Rear

---------------------------------------

PICS>55073661.jpg

61995998.jpg55185207.jpg55073604.jpg

And here is a pic of some of my buddies' cars:

53616668.jpg

Guest brwneydtrouble
btw, if anyone is interested, i'll sell the car..tiem for a new project anyway. Its pretty much brand spanking new. 7thousand miles on it. and EVERYTHING on the car is new.

Shame you dont drive it. Seems like a waste to me! What are you considering for your next project?

i dont drive it because its meant for shows,magazines and occasioanlly the track. Basically if yoru going to dump alot of money into a car, you have to treat it like its a fragile machine. I hate seeing cars that are "hooked up" ..and its pretty much a car that someone threw money into it as a phase...and then realized its not the right industry for them and they only did it "to be kool"..and then let it go to shit. NOW THATS A WASTE. besides, i enjoy it sometimes when the weather is right. And when i resell it, i will get a great ammount of money because of the condition its in, so it doenst go to waste.

Next project = 74 camaro. Import scene went to shit with all the phonies out there, i go to shows now and all i see are little punks that try to copy that stupid movie. So in my opinion, it lost its appeal to me. Going to try an old school muscle, leave it nice and clean but restore it to the BONE. make it look as if i bought is STR8 from the lot back in 74.