Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar G... Off The Hook @ Surf!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Got to Surf at about 8:30. Walked in to some bangin beats with a live percussionist on stage. Who by the way, was killing it! Started drinking and was pretty excited that I was listening to Oscar G. Then... I heard a Deboroh a Cox acca. come in. That's when I realized, THIS AINT OSCAR G.!!!! LOL.

Apparently, he missed his flight. He was playing a set the night before that went well into the morning. And... He missed the flight! Something like that. That's what I was told. So... That sucked! We were in the mood to hear him.

But... We still had a real good time. It wasn't too packed. There was room to breath. Turned out, Teo was spinin. He played a very nice set last night. Overall, there was still very good house music at Surf!

Dean's Weekly Review! ("Like It Matters") LOL! :type:

oh man am i glad i didnt go, i had a hunch that something was gona happen like that. i almost made a few calls so they can make some calls so i can be assured if oscar was gona be there or not. but i knew with that weather oscar would have "missed the flight". trust me, i wouldnt have let him spin for 50 people either.

yea i got there around 6pm to like 3 straight Lil Jon songs playin. ugh. wtf is with hip hop at surf? its bad enough listenin to all the morons screaming "WHHHHHAAAAAT OOOOOKKKKKKKKK!!!" all the time...we dont need to encourage them.

anyway, kirk lopez finally started playin some house tracks then they made the announcement Oscar G wasnt coming. i bounced by 7:30. i wasnt feelin it at all yesterday. i should have waited and gave Teo a chance but i just got bored

I would like to take this chance to apologize to everyone for last night with Oscar. As of 3PM I thought that Oscar was on a plane landing in Newark at 5:07 from Miami. At 3 PM I received a call from Natalie is agent telling me that Oscar played and extended set at Space and he missed his flight by 10 minutes. He actually researched possibilities of landing in JFK or LaGuardia but the next flight he would have gotten on would have landed him at LaGuardia at 7:35. That means he would have arrived at SURF at 9:30 minimum which was too late. We made a couple announcements from 5 on to allow people to make their decisions on what they wanted to do. Also we had it clearly noted on the front desk at surf where you pay to get in that it had been cancelled. I thank everyone for still coming down with the shitty weather going on. We still ended up doing like 600 to 700 people after 5PM (which fills almost every other club on the shore but looks like nothing in the SURF CLUB).

Now regarding anyone thinking it was our choice to cancel Oscar that is just being ignorant. You tell me what club owner in their right mind is going to pay a guys flight his hotel and for those that dont know a 50% deposit and then cancel with the opportunity of losing that money. None. I have not one bad thing to say about Oscar because he is a friend of mine in this business but this shit happens. Sometimes a card is forced on these djs to finish what they started and since he is the resident at Space he couldnt just pack up and leave. I will be using him sometime soon whether is this summer or this winter. Yes I am upset that this happened but for those that wonder how hard it is to book some of these guys its even harder that when they come from different areas of the US or overseas there are alot of factors.

oh man am i glad i didnt go, i had a hunch that something was gona happen like that. i almost made a few calls so they can make some calls so i can be assured if oscar was gona be there or not. but i knew with that weather oscar would have "missed the flight". trust me, i wouldnt have let him spin for 50 people either.

that is beyond rediculous. Do you honestly think Surf would've laid out all that money and paid plane ticket and hotel and then just said, "ehhh weather sucks, tell him not to come". :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In my fifteen years of djing I would say that them cancelling him and cutting their losses is definitly within the realm of possibility...no disrespect to surf club but the scenario of an indoor/outdoor club cancelling a high profile dj when the weather is bad ? I could see it happening but if they say he missed his flight then I have to go on that

In my fifteen years of djing I would say that them cancelling him and cutting their losses is definitly within the realm of possibility...no disrespect to surf club but the scenario of an indoor/outdoor club cancelling a high profile dj when the weather is bad ? I could see it happening but if they say he missed his flight then I have to go on that

I totally understand where u are coming from but I am a CFO by day and always been a number guy. I want to give u some numbers and u will see what i am talking about. Flight $400 + Room $200 + 1/2 of his deposit + agent fee + cost to pay Teo to replace him. How much money you this would have been saved by having him stay home. Oscar is a great DJ but I will give u a hint he is not making $5000 a gig either.

no no i didnt mean it like that, i thought that he "cancelled himself"

cuz of the rain, cuz i love surf, but surf with rain is a huge dissapointment.

every time i go when its shitty out theres like noone in there, mad suprised you did 500+ thats some good shit. then i thought of the possible rain delay factor with the airlines.i shouldnt have wrote the part about not leting him spin for 50 peeps cuz it did look like i thought you guys cancelled the gig.

serg i apologize i was upset, YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR BEST TO BRING HIM BACK!!! i caught his ass 3 weeks ago in lauderdale and he blew my friggin mind

and im hungry for some more!

Surf club is still off the hook no matter what, give me a break guys that place isn't all about just the music, it's about having a good time hangin with some peeps, drinkin mind erasers, and those fucken colada frozen drinks with four shots in them.. haha :pint: