Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OFF TOPIC: Changing Careers

fearlesss

If one was wanting to switch from a business job to teaching, where would you go to find out how to do that (besides the department of education)? Career Center at you old college?

i think most teaching jobs require a masters in education, so u might wanna look into that. which means u would have to take your GRE's. i've had several gf's who were teachers, and i can't help but think that our educational system is in big trouble.

but hey- good luck.

those who can, do; those who can't, teach. :hat:

If one was wanting to switch from a business job to teaching, where would you go to find out how to do that (besides the department of education)? Career Center at you old college?

you can take the alternative root and take the Praxis II test (kinda like the SAT's but in the subject field you wanna teach i.e. Elementry Ed, Phys Ed, or math, Science)... then the Board of Education you work for will prob make you take some classes while you teach to show you the propper way to teach. However, most people major in it cause thats what the test is kinda based on which is on content knowledge in that subject you wish to teach. Finding a job is all about politics though. I just took the Praxis II last month and passed and I didnt major in Education. I'm prob gunna teach this Sept., but thats not what I really wanna do. I'm goin to get my Masters in Speech Pathology and teaching is just a guarenteed spot that I will have in my field when done with my Masters until i start up my business and build my clientele. Also they pay for most of my Masters degree. Good Luck.

Okay now the thread can be moved.

i think most teaching jobs require a masters in education, so u might wanna look into that. which means u would have to take your GRE's. i've had several gf's who were teachers, and i can't help but think that our educational system is in big trouble.

but hey- good luck.

those who can, do; those who can't, teach. :hat:

lol, I used to say that. I can do it but I hate my job and the business and why should I do something that I hate just to make other people happy. It'll be a waste of a finance degree but who cares? I'll go teach econ or something.