Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what makes a person an addict?

An addict is someone who CANT stop once they start doing the drug.Its also not about how often you DO the drug,its whether or not you can say NO to it,and or be able to quit doing it,and not NEED more.Another sign is when someone who has a bad reaction to a certain drug-like flipping out,anger issues each time they do the drug & they continue to get high..When you realize that the drug is causing major problems in your life,but yet you still continue to get high,thats when you know you have a problem..Im speaking from personal experience w/ addiction,so of course this is all my opinion on the subject..

Personal experience? Did u seek help?

i never have.....maybe im in denial (jk)...actually probably most of us are...i just wonder what people think....cause i know many people who do drugs (coke +lots of alcohol, maybe some E and some diesel) every weekend, but have great jobs (ibankers,consultants,doctors,etc.) and dont do it during the week......i would consider them not addicted, but most would think they are....but they have been during this for years.....

Personal experience? Did u seek help?

If you were asking me,Yes I sought professional help..My addiction never got horribly bad,just was out of control for around 4 yrs or so.I had a few relapses here & there but havent taken a drink in about 1-2 months or so..Baby steps for me right now

If you were asking me,Yes I sought professional help..My addiction never got horribly bad,just was out of control for around 4 yrs or so.I had a few relapses here & there but havent taken a drink in about 1-2 months or so..Baby steps for me right now

one day at a time....and you know you can do it.

best of luck to you.

addiction is when you're plunged into the deepest depths of self-hatred. you've gone past the point of having a love/hate relationship. whatever your fix is, you know it's ruining your life and the lives of those who care for you, yet you continue to do it because you don't even know yourself anymore. it's when something has complete control over you. i've known people who have been there, been to rehab, and back. it's complete hell, and i give anyone who has been able to conquer addiction my respect.

yeah thats how everyone i know is. they get their shit done during the week and live for the weekend! its a beautiful thing! its what life is all about at this time in my life!

see how " well" those people are doing in a few years.. some will be fine, some will have had real issues, problems, accidents, lost jobs, lost relationships, jail time, hospitalization, etc etc.. to keep using , its just a matter of time

for me what i do is not touch anythin (cept maybe a lil weed) my whole semester at college, because i wanna concentrate and whatnot, but when i go home, ohh man i paint the town red. but thats only for a couple days, and then im back in school bein a good kid again

prolly gonna stop everythin around jan 05, needa pass them drug tests and get a job

you become addicted to a substance when you need it in order to feel normal. you don't use t to feel high, but rather you need it so you can feel normal. for example, how some people can not get their day going with out their morning cup of coffee.

I think it is more of a behavior. Some have it, some don't. I know plently of people who have stopped drugs and while that is all fine and good...they just found another adiction to cling on to...some have stopped doing drugs and became addicted to reglion...telling me that they are saved now and that I am going to hell. The whole addiction behavior needs to be stopped at the very seed that caused it to root in the first place.

you become addicted to a substance when you need it in order to feel normal. you don't use t to feel high, but rather you need it so you can feel normal. for example, how some people can not get their day going with out their morning cup of coffee.

• 3 weeks later...

step by step...

hour after hour

day after day

week after week

month after month

year after year

wish u the best of luck on your journey

btw

congrats as well