Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For all the jp haters

popularity is based on skill... if a DJ is horrible it's going to be pretty hard for him to get a residency... nevermind make the top 250.... think about it man...
as an outside, unitereested, unbiased observer, perhaps, just perhaps, some people get 'emotional" about this topic, not so much about the freaking dj, but about the freaking people he attracts to his club nights...lmfao

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'if he is played out,how is it he packs clubs every weekend'..? Answer= He packs clubs b/c of all the ppl who hang off his balls & jock him until theres nothing left..Followers ...
ok so if people jock him and follow him until theres nothin left how does that make him played out?????????????? LMAO lolololol ....look at junior he cant pack discoteque when people stop goin to see a dj and the dj cant pull a crowd thats usually a played out dj....jp will allways have a strong following just like pvd will and picotto will some people love the dirty hard ny house sound some love trance some love tech you got so many great djs ....carl cox will allways have his crowd so will DT....you need to keep a open mind all 3 genres produce great djs

popularity is based on skill... if a DJ is horrible it's going to be pretty hard for him to get a residency... nevermind make the top 250.... think about it man...

In theory yes. But the most skilled djs most of the time doesnt appeal to the masses of people. Louie Devito is a very popular dj in America, but if ranked on skill hed be at the bottom. You can believe that list I could care less, just trying to say the list should be "250 most popular djs in the world" nothing with skill.

ok so if people jock him and follow him until theres nothin left how does that make him played out??????????????

i think a large number of the people that follow him are new to this music and going out. I know for me i liked him until i started hearing other djs and learned more about the music. After hearing other djs i would go to factory and be like this dude sounds like shit and then it would drag on. Then since the music wasnt good all that was left to do was drugs and get really f'ed up. Def good times though :):rock:

i think a large number of the people that follow him are new to this music and going out. I know for me i liked him until i started hearing other djs and learned more about the music. After hearing other djs i would go to factory and be like this dude sounds like shit and then it would drag on. Then since the music wasnt good all that was left to do was drugs and get really f'ed up. Def good times though :):rock:

HI GIRLY :)

I totally disagree i see much younger faces at pvd, cox, ferry, tiesto, picotto, ...jp"s following is quit older he does have some young fans but not as many as the trendy "superstar dj"s" ....As far as sf goes like i said in an earlier post i was done because of the 20hr marathon sets but since he has moved to spirit the sets are only 9hrs therefor you get no annoying bs filler crap....also another point people seem to 4get all these superstars do 3-4hr sets so if i see pvd and he only spins 4hrs he better blow my mind and be non-stop insanity you can not compare that to a 9hr set every week!!!! when i first started seein jp in 98 when people would get to sf at 2:00am instead of fucking 10:00am sunday morning like they were in 02 and 03 he ruled this city

I totally disagree i see much younger faces at pvd, cox, ferry, tiesto, picotto, ...jp"s following is quit older he does have some young fans but not as many as the trendy "superstar dj"s" ....As far as sf goes like i said in an earlier post i was done because of the 20hr marathon sets but since he has moved to spirit the sets are only 9hrs therefor you get no annoying bs filler crap....also another point people seem to 4get all these superstars do 3-4hr sets so if i see pvd and he only spins 4hrs he better blow my mind and be non-stop insanity you can not compare that to a 9hr set every week!!!! when i first started seein jp in 98 when people would get to sf at 2:00am instead of fucking 10:00am sunday morning like they were in 02 and 03 he ruled this city

i didnt say it was an age thing. What i am trying to say is that alot of people that go there haven't explored too many other djs, and belive me there is many not just in one genre like you mentioned above. again i think alot of people that go there think Jp is such a good dj because they havent heard too many other djs or haven't listened to the music long enough to know what else is out there so they think Jp is great. thats all good but from my experience the people who explore the music will grow out of the whole jp phase, as i did.

NOT EVERYONES tastes are PHASES...i dont go to spirit every week b/c i ONLY like jp, i go b/c i like the club, its where most of my friends are- which is the most imp. thing to me, besides good music- and i have a good time.i cant speak for everyone in the club, but like most of you say, jps fans are regulars. he DOES have a following..sometimes cultish, so when you go often , u find that u do know either by face/ name A GOOD portion of the ppl in the club. and i can honestly say, i know A WIDE AGE range of these ppl, and on other nites theyre at other clubs, following other dj's, they KNOW their talent. they go do crobar, n avalon, and other clubs to hear international talent and other djs. AND they know their shit. all im saying is, ive gotten to know a LARGE part of the ppl who ud all say r these mindless jp followers...and ud be surprised how many LOVE and go out to support other djs. they HAVE listened to music long enuf to know what else is out there...

i didnt say it was an age thing. What i am trying to say is that alot of people that go there haven't explored too many other djs, and belive me there is many not just in one genre like you mentioned above. again i think alot of people that go there think Jp is such a good dj because they havent heard too many other djs or haven't listened to the music long enough to know what else is out there so they think Jp is great. thats all good but from my experience the people who explore the music will grow out of the whole jp phase, as i did.

NOT EVERYONES tastes are PHASES...i dont go to spirit every week b/c i ONLY like jp, i go b/c i like the club, its where most of my friends are- which is the most imp. thing to me, besides good music- and i have a good time.i cant speak for everyone in the club, but like most of you say, jps fans are regulars. he DOES have a following..sometimes cultish, so when you go often , u find that u do know either by face/ name A GOOD portion of the ppl in the club. and i can honestly say, i know A WIDE AGE range of these ppl, and on other nites theyre at other clubs, following other dj's, they KNOW their talent. they go do crobar, n avalon, and other clubs to hear international talent and other djs. AND they know their shit. all im saying is, ive gotten to know a LARGE part of the ppl who ud all say r these mindless jp followers...and ud be surprised how many LOVE and go out to support other djs. they HAVE listened to music long enuf to know what else is out there...

She did say A LOT not EVERYONE, which I agree with. I used to be a big JP fan until I started hearing what else was out there too. Once you start hearing DJs like DJ Vibe, Danny Howells, John Digweed, you realize that JP doesn't compare to the big names out there. My Factory days were fun, but looking back the music wasnt all that great. I had good times because of the people. I can do without JP.

She did say A LOT not EVERYONE, which I agree with. I used to be a big JP fan until I started hearing what else was out there too. Once you start hearing DJs like DJ Vibe, Danny Howells, John Digweed, you realize that JP doesn't compare to the big names out there. My Factory days were fun, but looking back the music wasnt all that great. I had good times because of the people. I can do without JP.

werd :smile2:

But people dont grow out of it like i said i first saw him 6 years ago ...now like i said before i was done with him and sf in 02 and 03 i wasnt feelin the music because i hate filler in a 20 hr marathon ...because i have an open mind i went to his new spirit party because i realized the man is now spinning 9hr sets and he has really impressed the hell out of me...my question to you is have you been to his new party at spirit? if you havent you cant really have an informed opinion because you do not know what he is spinning these days ...I also listen and go see other djs who have completly different sound

and style picotto,liebing,zabiella.sander k,boris,DT,george acosta,cosmic gate,joof,howells, armin,ferry,oscar g, edgar v, judge jules,etc etc i just like great music & you can not deny JP is good/great at times

But people dont grow out of it like i said i first saw him 6 years ago ...now like i said before i was done with him and sf in 02 and 03 i wasnt feelin the music because i hate filler in a 20 hr marathon ...because i have an open mind i went to his new spirit party because i realized the man is now spinning 9hr sets and he has really impressed the hell out of me...my question to you is have you been to his new party at spirit? if you havent you cant really have an informed opinion because you do not know what he is spinning these days ...I also listen and go see other djs who have completly different sound

and style picotto,liebing,zabiella.sander k,boris,DT,george acosta,cosmic gate,joof,howells, armin,ferry,oscar g, edgar v, judge jules,etc etc i just like great music & you can not deny JP is good/great at times

no i haven't been to his party at spirit, and nor will i go to hear him. I understand that people always stick up for him on here, i was one of those people but years later everything that people had said to me rang true. I am out of that phase. people go there for the music? :laugh: Lets be realistic after all i have been there many times myself i know the deal. After i explored the music and found out where more parties where and heard more djs, I couldn;t stand hearing JP. But i still loved the factory party for the sex and the drugs, and all that other type stuff. Years later I reallly enjoy the music MORE THAN ALL OF THAT, so i know longer go there. Now i really go for the music so i don't go to hear JP. yeah hes good at times but does not compare to alot of other talent. i know lots of people agree on this, that should say something. I am not knocking you for liking him thats cool, but don't tell me you have been going for many many years. If you had believe me you wouldn't still be going. It gets tired. period. ANd this is more then an informed opinion.

no i haven't been to his party at spirit, and nor will i go to hear him. I understand that people always stick up for him on here, i was one of those people but years later everything that people had said to me rang true. I am out of that phase. people go there for the music? :laugh: Lets be realistic after all i have been there many times myself i know the deal. After i explored the music and found out where more parties where and heard more djs, I couldn;t stand hearing JP. But i still loved the factory party for the sex and the drugs, and all that other type stuff. Years later I reallly enjoy the music MORE THAN ALL OF THAT, so i know longer go there. Now i really go for the music so i don't go to hear JP. yeah hes good at times but does not compare to alot of other talent. i know lots of people agree on this, that should say something. I am not knocking you for liking him thats cool, but don't tell me you have been going for many many years. If you had believe me you wouldn't still be going. It gets tired. period. ANd this is more then an informed opinion.

Hello i said i stopped goin after 01 i started goin to his party in 98 and the only reason im givin him props is because of his NEW PARTY ...so if you havent been to spirit like i said you can not possibly have an opinion..because yuou have no clue what his sets consist of ...also when he is on point are you telling me his music doesnt create one of the best vibes? i suspect you probally started goin to SF when that party was old and over so if you want to diss on his sf partys go right ahead you were there you know what he played ...but you cant comment on spirit cause you have no clue..that would be like comparing dt at tunnel to dt at arc or pvd at twilo vs his sets at roxy ..

thats what im saying, of course jp has a style n a certain crowd at sf PARTICULARLY..but even w/ same sorta ppl SPIRIT is not SF and its not 99', u cant act the same way in clubs now. not to say shit doesnt go on..but BLATANT...cmon now. if u ppl expect the same crowd, same party as in sf at spirit youre OUTTA ur mind. so i just tend to save my lip flappin till AFTER ive been /seen for myself.

Hello i said i stopped goin after 01 i started goin to his party in 98 and the only reason im givin him props is because of his NEW PARTY ...so if you havent been to spirit like i said you can not possibly have an opinion..because yuou have no clue what his sets consist of ...also when he is on point are you telling me his music doesnt create one of the best vibes? i suspect you probally started goin to SF when that party was old and over so if you want to diss on his sf partys go right ahead you were there you know what he played ...but you cant comment on spirit cause you have no clue..that would be like comparing dt at tunnel to dt at arc or pvd at twilo vs his sets at roxy ..

i was at spirit last night and the night was sick. i have also seen alot of other good djs live and yes there are great djs out there. but for the nyc i have to say wherever JP has a residency then that will be the best party. so much energy in the crow and he knows how to work the music. great vibe as well. cant wait for next week.

Z