Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha dumping turntables and CDs for laptops.....

there's some things you can't do digitally...that you can with tables...you've only been talking about beatmatching.......

but hey, if I your into what sasha's playing these days then why not go digital.....

http://www.deephousepage.com/pumpupthevolume.ram

I've only talked about beatmatching because that's what people here are complaining about. With regards to being able to do some things on vinyl that you can't do on a computer, the same applies the other way around.

So basically, everyone should stop complaining. If you like his music and his performance then go. If not, then stay home or go elsewhere.

Everything at a club runs through a pass filter, it's really tough to hear the difference between vinyl and cd's but a trained ear can def tell, esp w/ the bass kick and the really high highs.

I dunno about you, but when I go partying, the last thing i'm training my ear on is trying to hear the difference between vinyl and cd.

So basically, everyone should stop complaining. If you like his music and his performance then go. If not, then stay home or go elsewhere.

this is true........

my one problem with digital is it seems pre-planned.....it's kind of like guitar......I play it....but would never pre-record myself and play those parts while I was out.........even if the parts I was playing live I'd played 1000 times before.......you lose something.........this is my point with vinyl.........

sure, sasha doesn't have to prove he can beatmix......we know this already.....but having everything sitting on your hard drive ready for a night just loses the live feel......I like to hear when a dj is mixing in a record.....sometimes he's a bit off and you hear him re-work his mix, or get creative on the fly.......

It depends on the DJ... At this point I don't think Sasha has to prove to anyone that he can beatmatch. This would free him up to give more attention to track selection and/or programming. He could also literally create something completely new on the fly. I still think beginners should learn the basics but if your already past that point I don't see the big deal in this...

the last time i saw sasha he was having a lot of difficulty beatmatching.

i just think he's looking to free up some time to have more coke, imo.

get creative on the fly

You should look into the live products available these days. The creative possibilities while performing live are almost endless. I can literally create a new song using beat samples and loops that i've collected on the fly while mixing. Its truly amazing. You can personalize every single live set while you are performing just by playing bits and pieces of original samples and loops whenever you feel like putting it into a set.

This isn't preprogrammed although you can do that. I'm talking about having 40 different drum loops that I can pop in at any point in a mix, all seamlessly, WHILE performing live after reading the crowd.

You should look into the live products available these days. The creative possibilities while performing live are almost endless. I can literally create a new song using beat samples and loops that i've collected on the fly while mixing. Its truly amazing. You can personalize every single live set while you are performing just by playing bits and pieces of original samples and loops whenever you feel like putting it into a set.

This isn't preprogrammed although you can do that. I'm talking about having 40 different drum loops that I can pop in at any point in a mix, all seamlessly, WHILE performing live after reading the crowd.

whatever makes you happy man.........