Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why do we do it?

cwm5.gif

i just want to know your opinion of why we as clubbers love to dance. Is it social? Is it a regression to childhood?

I personally do it because it makes me feel alive and the bass beats send me into a fit of primal ecstasy, churning my innards like a rampaging honey coated piglet.

so, cough up your urge. cwm26.gifcwm32.gifcwm26.gif

honestly,

at this point in time, it is the very fuel of my life. Sitting here in my semi-quiet office for 4 days of the week, eager for Friday to come. Eager for that one moment, when you walk into that smoke filled room. The lights, the bass. the all around noise off the crowd. The crowd that is there for the very same thing you are there for. For pure, in-adulterated, drug-full/drug-free, bliss. Also, i totally enjoy the diversity in the people around me. you have black, white, asian, male, female, straight, gay, raver, clubber....everything. And it is nothing but shear beauty to see all these different people coming together, coming alive, and sharing the things that brings is together. Music. Dancing. and LIFE!

bamm!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES!

------------------

A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT! --Me

"The Suspense is TERRIBLE....i hope it'll last!" -Willy Wonka

Sleep...Ah..Those little slices of death. How i loath them. - Edgar Allan Poe

flash.jpg

[This message has been edited by trippintrance64 (edited 11-07-2000).]

Originally posted by vj604:

It is not possible to sit in a room at 80 decibels, listen to thumping bass, and simply NOT move.

THATS THE REASON WHI I DO IT

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! I only speak the truth

peace

FRANK ALVEE IS BACK AND IN FULL FORCE

I would have to say the help of a very small friend (which without his help I would probably be past-out on the floor from lack of sleep). Let's just call him "e". With his help...I cant stand still for more than 30 seconds.I dance even if the music isn't playing.

The state that I am in when listening to the music is heightend about three-fold which allows me to really appreciate the art of music and dance.

Also if I pay $25 to get into a club you best beleive i'm gonna dance!

YO AL!!! VERY NICELY PUT!

------------------

signature.gif

First off.....Al & Roly, very very nice responses.....here's mine....

For me, music transcends a tremendous amount of energy into me......it just gets me very amped up(good music of course)......now understand I am a DJ and a music phanatic so everyone may not share these feelings with me and some will think I am nuts but whatever.....anyway, this energy needs to be expended somehow.....dancing, being an art in its purest form(even though it gets a bit distorted by some in the clubs), is the absolute best way to allow this tremendous energy that flows out the speakers, into the people, finally into thin air......other ways would be for everyone to start fighting or having sex which both would result in disasters so in the end.....dancing is the answer......I truly believe that shit even though I just made it up now......

Mikey

------------------

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger......

Media32975.jpg

Originally posted by trippintrance64:

honestly,

at this point in time, it is the very fuel of my life. Sitting here in my semi-quiet office for 4 days of the week, eager for Friday to come. Eager for that one moment, when you walk into that smoke filled room. The lights, the bass. the all around noise off the crowd. The crowd that is there for the very same thing you are there for. For pure, in-adulterated, drug-full/drug-free, bliss. Also, i totally enjoy the diversity in the people around me. you have black, white, asian, male, female, straight, gay, raver, clubber....everything. And it is nothing but shear beauty to see all these different people coming together, coming alive, and sharing the things that brings is together. Music. Dancing. and LIFE!

cwm14.gif I couldn't have said it better. There is something about the music that just goes through you. Something about the vibe of the crowd cheering (especially at Twilo PVD nights) and the strobe lights going crazy above you. You don't even care what the hell you look like b/c you know no one else cares either. God....I hope I make it to PVD!

Originally posted by trippintrance64:

honestly,

at this point in time, it is the very fuel of my life. Sitting here in my semi-quiet office for 4 days of the week, eager for Friday to come. Eager for that one moment, when you walk into that smoke filled room. The lights, the bass. the all around noise

off the crowd. The crowd that is there for the very same thing you are there for. For pure, in-adulterated, drug-full/drug-free, bliss. Also, i totally enjoy the diversity in the people around me. you have black, white, asian, male, female, straight, gay, raver, clubber....everything. And it is nothing but shear beauty to see all these different people coming together, coming alive, and sharing the things that brings is together. Music. Dancing. and LIFE!

Al, do you realize what your doing to me.......Wait till Friday to post this shit.....it's 4:20 AM and I am studying for a goddamn midterm and posts like that are not helping me one bit......nonetheless, it's a music midterm......oooohhhhhh....fuck it....PVD for every answer......he he....you know I'm kidding baby.....it is killing me though.....can't wait...lol

Mikey confused.gif

------------------

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger......

Media32975.jpg

Originally posted by vj604:

It is not possible to sit in a room at 80 decibels, listen to thumping bass, and simply NOT move.

I second that opinion, I move no matter how hard I try not too. frown.gif....

~*Jam*~

------------------

...I can't see you, you can't see me! as-slow.gif ...

dancing is the expression of the music that each person percieves inside of them. it is the tangible lifeforce of the music. each person's own style of dance is their own unique way of interpreting the music. to each their own....

peace out cwm30.gif

------------------

~~ TrYpDaLyTeFaNtAsTiC ~~

Who's your daddy....FRANKIE BONES!

I do it to let go. Let go of worries, resopnsibilities, committments, promises, and reality.

Dancing is the purest form of self expression, I truly beleive that the bass & melodies of the music we love acts as novicane, and numbs us to the harsh realities of the outside world...

When I dance I don't think of a damn thing except my next move!!! cwm28.gif

------------------

mani.gif

Round and Round we go...Where we stop Nobody Knows....