Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Among Veterans: Bush 58% Kerry 35%

igloo

Among Veterans: Bush 58% Kerry 35%

48% Have Family or Friends in Iraq or Afghanistan

Do you know anyone currently serving in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Yes 48%

No 51%

RasmussenReports.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday August 05, 2004--A Rasmussen Reports survey shows that military veterans prefer George W. Bush over John Kerry by a 58% to 35% margin. Those with no military service favor Kerry by ten percentage points, 51% to 41%.

The potential grassroots impact of the war issue is highlighted by the fact that 48% of Americans say they know someone who is currently serving in Iraq or Afghanistan. Among these voters, Bush currently has a ten-point advantage in the poll. Fifty-four percent (54%) of veterans know someone serving in these war zones.

When it comes to perceptions of the situation in Afghanistan and Iraq, it is likely that information from family and friends has a bigger impact than news coverage.

Supplemental data is available for

RR Premium Members

Learn about Premium Membership

Overall, 47% of voters believe that Bush would make a better Commander-in-Chief than John Kerry. Forty-five percent (45%) take the opposite view and say Kerry would do a better job. This closely reflects the overall voter preference in the race for the White House (on the nights of this survey, Kerry attracted 48% of the total vote to 45% for Bush).

Veterans prefer Bush as Commander-in-Chief by a 60% to 33% margin. Fifty-four percent (54%) of veterans give the President good or excellent ratings for handling the situation in Iraq. Overall, just 43% of voters give the President such positive ratings on Iraq.

Rasmussen Reports is an independent public opinion research firm that provides daily updates on the Presidential election and the nation's economic confidence.

i am a veteran, my dad and his two brothers fought in wwII, my brother died in 'nam and i wouldnt vote for kerry if i had a gun to my head!!

and you would vote for a guy who's daddy got him in the reserves to avoid serving in the war? and then spent his time training on a plane that was being phased out.

I just don't get how veterens who risked their lives are for someone who did not serve.

and you would vote for a guy who's daddy got him in the reserves to avoid serving in the war? and then spent his time training on a plane that was being phased out.

I just don't get how veterens who risked their lives are for someone who did not serve.

bush's military service, or lack of, for me pales in comparison to kerry's constant talking out of both sides of his mouth. bush's beliefs and convictions, whether you believe them right or wrong, he stands up for imo.

What the fuck is so hard to understand that veterans care, and care a lot, about what Kerry did after his four months in Vietnam?

Stop being so blind