Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Would u make the trade?

mindfaqd

If Vince wasn't so damn injury prone, I'd do it in a sec and move crawford to the point - Could you imagine a backcourt that;s 6'5" and 6'7" ?!?!

:shaky:

honestly height in the backcourt doesnt add anything to the team....its about talent first...if height had any real inclination to the game then earl boykins or allen iverson wouldnt play

Personally I think the trade wouldn't work!!!! Reason being you are putting too many flashy players on one team and you see what it is doing to team USA. You need skill players and what skill players does New York have. Allan Houston?? Back in the days he was the best shooter IMO in the game, right there with Reggie. I think he is on his last legs and the Knicks will need to find a replacement for him. Vince Carter is NOT the answer. It would be like having the Raptors in New York honestly. Crawford needs to prove himself #1. Marbury is a much better point I think and I wouldn't trade him for Carter. It is a definite downgrade at the point. What the hell as he (crawford) done in the NBA??? IMO a team needs to be well balanced unlike Team USA. For example, the Pistons last year were a perfect example. Ben Wallace taking care of the boards and the lane. Rasheed also protected the lane and had a very nice inside out game. Tayshaun was the solid role player in the starting lineup. RIP was just unbelieveable!!! He got a lot of my respect last year. He is a player that can really get open without the ball and knock shots from anywhere in the half court set down consistently. Chauncey was the play maker. If he needed to pass the ball he did, if he needed to shoot the rock he did, and if he needed to make a play off the dribble he did. Go through the Knicks lineup and tell me if you see that kind of balance? Knicks Roster If you think it is there explain yourself. Or mention the players that would fill the certain roles I mentioned. :D

honestly height in the backcourt doesnt add anything to the team....its about talent first...if height had any real inclination to the game then earl boykins or allen iverson wouldnt play

its good from a defense standpoint. not that Carter or Crawford are big on D anyway.

Height makes a huge difference...Check the Bulls when Jordan, Harpen and Pippen played in the backcourt and the Lakers when Harper and Kobe played...even with the pistons with Chauncy and Rip (6'4" and 6'7)...height helps to nullify three's and the extra length can deflect balls in the backcourt.

P.S. - Ask Payton and all his post up moves how he did against Billups ;)

Height makes a huge difference...Check the Bulls when Jordan, Harpen and Pippen played in the backcourt and the Lakers when Harper and Kobe played...even with the pistons with Chauncy and Rip (6'4" and 6'7)...height helps to nullify three's and the extra length can deflect balls in the backcourt.

P.S. - Ask Payton and all his post up moves how he did against Billups ;)

billups is 13 years younger, ask shawn bradley about height and being able to play basketball....

billups is 13 years younger, ask shawn bradley about height and being able to play basketball....

actually size does make a difference... Chauncey's height and shoulder size gave him a big advantage throughout the playoffs, mostly defensively, but also offensively when he drove to the basket.

actually size does make a difference... Chauncey's height and shoulder size gave him a big advantage throughout the playoffs, mostly defensively, but also offensively when he drove to the basket.

allen iverson is the smallest guard and he has no trouble getting to the hoop or defending.....neither does earl boykins....its about skills...if size truly had anything to do with it shawn bradley would be a hall of famer...size helps shaq cause hes so big in the middle but for guards its about ability to handle the rock and move your feet quickly on defense, whether you 6'6 or 6'0 it doesnt matter....

allen iverson is the smallest guard and he has no trouble getting to the hoop or defending.....

.......... but for guards its about ability to handle the rock and move your feet quickly on defense, whether you 6'6 or 6'0 it doesnt matter....

AI jacks up 40 shots a game and his shooting percentage suxx, and he takes a beating every time he goes to the hoop. I'd bet if someone asked him, he would say that a few more inches would help.

I would say the guy who's 6'6" has a deffinite advantage. Why do u think the trend this year in the playoffs was to negate the PG by making the opposing SG cover him? Ask Marbury or Parker.

allen iverson is the smallest guard and he has no trouble getting to the hoop or defending.....neither does earl boykins....its about skills...if size truly had anything to do with it shawn bradley would be a hall of famer...size helps shaq cause hes so big in the middle but for guards its about ability to handle the rock and move your feet quickly on defense, whether you 6'6 or 6'0 it doesnt matter....

because AI has a crossover and quickness like no other, there's always a few exceptions... given the other 95% of the point guards in the league, the bigger ones have an advantage over the smaller ones.

because AI has a crossover and quickness like no other, there's always a few exceptions... given the other 95% of the point guards in the league, the bigger ones have an advantage over the smaller ones.

In that case, skill outweighs the height. Name me some other guards in the league with the talent or skill that AI has?????? Shortest Scoring Champ, right?

Fact of the matter is basketball will always be a game that caters to the taller players but if you have one of a kind talent that will shine no matter.

AI is the perfect example.

this guy is saying that a tall backcourt will be nasty...thats the problem with sports its no longer about skill its about potential and athleticism...bird couldnt jump but he is one of the best 3 players ever....my point is that a players skill outweighs any other attribute he possesses...

In that case, skill outweighs the height. Name me some other guards in the league with the talent or skill that AI has?????? Shortest Scoring Champ, right?

Fact of the matter is basketball will always be a game that caters to the taller players but if you have one of a kind talent that will shine no matter.

AI is the perfect example.

Isaiah Thomas?? Hello? Just as good and he LED his team to 2 NBA titles

Why do u all keep riding AI's dick ??? The guy jacks up 40 shots a night, his shooting percentage and sometimes his shot selection suck & he has no idea what the TEAM concept is. He also thinks that the rules (for Team USA or the Sixers) don't apply to him. He will never win a title cuz he thinks he's the only one on the floor. I absolutely hate players like him. Fuckin' primadona !

Why do u all keep riding AI's dick ??? The guy jacks up 40 shots a night, his shooting percentage and sometimes his shot selection suck & he has no idea what the TEAM concept is. He also thinks that the rules (for Team USA or the Sixers) don't apply to him. He will never win a title cuz he thinks he's the only one on the floor. I absolutely hate players like him. Fuckin' primadona !

Riding AI's Dick? We were just taking about skill. Would you like to have his ability(skill)? Just answer the question cause I think anybody would!!!!!!

This isnt about what he does off the court. This is about his raw ability. And just for the record we are all aware that he his a dumbass off the court and won't win a championship with that me first kinda attitude.

Riding AI's Dick? We were just taking about skill. Would you like to have his ability(skill)? Just answer the question cause I think anybody would!!!!!!

This isnt about what he does off the court. This is about his raw ability. And just for the record we are all aware that he his a dumbass off the court and won't win a championship with that me first kinda attitude.

ok I admit I'd love to have his skill. I just don't think having a 30 pt scoring avg but jacking up 40 shots to do it each night is all that impressive.

i brought up ai because he is 6'0" tall and he gets to the basket with no problem and he defends with no problem, so im just trying to show the point that height does not outweigh skills...jamal crawford and vince carter would be a horrible backcourt both are shooting guards with no real court vision of j kidd or t parker...so just because they are tall wouldn't make them a great tandem...the celtics had 7'0" chris mihm on our team last year and so since he's tall he's good now, let me tell you i never seen someone get his shots blocked more in my lifetime than this guy did by point guards coming out of nowhere...case closed height is about maybe 5% of a contributing factor

i brought up ai because he is 6'0" tall and he gets to the basket with no problem and he defends with no problem, so im just trying to show the point that height does not outweigh skills...jamal crawford and vince carter would be a horrible backcourt both are shooting guards with no real court vision of j kidd or t parker...so just because they are tall wouldn't make them a great tandem...the celtics had 7'0" chris mihm on our team last year and so since he's tall he's good now, let me tell you i never seen someone get his shots blocked more in my lifetime than this guy did by point guards coming out of nowhere...case closed height is about maybe 5% of a contributing factor

point taken.

ok I admit I'd love to have his skill. I just don't think having a 30 pt scoring avg but jacking up 40 shots to do it each night is all that impressive.

yeah it proves he really isn't a team player or a very smart one at that but I would still love to have his ability. He will never get anywhere in the NBA with his playing mentality. The only reason he got to the finals the year against the lakers was because the role players around him were the best in the Eastern Conference that late in the season.