Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto performing the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics!!!!!

BREAKING NEWS:

Tiësto performing at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games, Athens 2004.

This evening on Dutch television the Greek artistic director of the openings ceremony (Dimitris Papaioannou) confirmed that they were very proud to have Tiësto as a part of their official opening of the Olympic Games of Athens 2004 on Friday August 13, 2004. He is going to spin his music live during the parade of athletes. During this parade all participating nations introduce their athletes.

BREAKING NEWS:

Tiësto performing at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games, Athens 2004.

This evening on Dutch television the Greek artistic director of the openings ceremony (Dimitris Papaioannou) confirmed that they were very proud to have Tiësto as a part of their official opening of the Olympic Games of Athens 2004 on Friday August 13, 2004. He is going to spin his music live during the parade of athletes. During this parade all participating nations introduce their athletes.

Sweeeeeeeet

I know this is about Athens but do you guys know if Tiesto is playin at Space in Miami in September?

yes, september 24th... he is rumored to be doing Summerstage i read yesterday at the end of september as well. The 25th he is in Philly, so 23rd could be a possibility.

October 30th, my birthday, is Tiesto in Concert :bounce:

Tiësto to perform at the Opening Ceremony

ATHENS, 9 August –Tiësto, twice voted the #1 DJ in the world by DJ Magazine, will make Olympic history on Friday, August 13, when he becomes the first DJ ever to perform in an Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games.

Some four billion people will be watching the planet's premier sport event, when the 28th Olympiad of the modern era opens in Greece, the land where the Olympics were born, and the City where they were revived 108 years ago.

No DJ has ever performed at the Olympic Games.

The President of the ATHENS 2004 Organizing Committee, Mrs. Gianna Angelopoulos-Daskalaki, heralded the announcement of Tiësto’s participation, saying: “Our Ceremonies will include unique Greek artistic elements along with modern and international perspectives. While it is path-breaking, it is also natural, that a modern artist like Tiësto will contribute to the celebration we’re planning on our opening night. We welcome him to Athens.â€

In October 2003, Tiësto was approached by the Athens Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games (ATHOC) for a DJ-performance of 90 minutes during the parade of the athletes, a part of the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games.

During this parade, all participating nations introduce their athletes, over 10,000 in total. ATHOC has shown it values art and innovation by asking the most popular DJ on Earth to produce the music for the parade.

Tiësto will perform his DJ-set live in the Olympic Stadium in Athens. This will include new tracks produced especially for the Opening Ceremony and songs that have been tailored to compliment the spirit of the Ceremony.

In connection with this announcement, Tiësto said, “I am honored to be to be part of the biggest sports event in the world. The fact that the Games are returning to their birthplace and to the city where they were revived makes Athens 2004 very special. The opportunity to perform my music for billions of people around the globe will be the greatest highlight of my life.â€

ATHOC Communications

cheese or not to you, name me one other dj that will perform to billions of people... that's right no one.

It sure does not make this cheesehead a great dj.

Great DJs do not play commercial, cheezy, maintstream garbage and cater to mainstream crowd.

Great DJs do not play commercial, cheezy, maintstream garbage and cater to mainstream crowd.

oh please elaborate on this one, this should be good. Its his fault Love Comes Again blew up and became a mainstream hit, and he played it on his recent tour for the album that its on. Please get over it.

he is widely accepted because he plays cheese, mainstream played out garbage. His sound is not unique. It lacks any sophistication, creativity or soul. Most of people are not educated on what real underground music/sound is.

I can go on and on.

here is link to recent Lee Burridge vs Craig Richards set,

enjoy. Tiesto does not even come close to these guys.

http://4four.org/

:pint:

only in Europe!!! :)

great!

one of my good friends will also be in the opening ceremony...she was on the Greek Rythmic Gymnastics Team when they won a silver medal back in Syndney 2000....she will be doing something in the center where she and her team will be in water up to their knees...

Im sooo psyched to see it!

My ENTIRE family is in Greece right now...while Im stuck in this hell hole! :mad:

he is widely accepted because he plays cheese, mainstream played out garbage. His sound is not unique. It lacks any sophistication, creativity or soul. Most of people are not educated on what real underground music/sound is.

I can go on and on.

here is link to recent Lee Burridge vs Craig Richards set,

enjoy. Tiesto does not even come close to these guys.

http://4four.org/

:pint:

see ur comparing apples and oranges. There's obviously a difference in genre, if u dont like trance, cool who gives a fuck, but you cant compare the types of music. And who the fuck said anything about tiesto being underground?? Educate yourself before you come to this board. Actually, you fit in nice with the rest of the fuckin new wave of morons.

see ur comparing apples and oranges. There's obviously a difference in genre, if u dont like trance, cool who gives a fuck, but you cant compare the types of music. And who the fuck said anything about tiesto being underground?? Educate yourself before you come to this board. Actually, you fit in nice with the rest of the fuckin new wave of morons.

I just answered why he is widely accepted. It does not matter to me what genre he plays. He is shitty Dj and his taste in music certainly caters to the mainstream or close minded people like you are.

I wish people would stop with the whole "mainstream" stigma when it comes to dj's. We should be proud of Tiesto's accomplishment :bowdown:

Besides you act like you would say no if asked to perform...not like your a DJ or anything....

Anyways...my only question is.....

What the hell to you spin at the Olympics???

I hope it I will be able to see it, being that Trance is not as big here in the states as it is overseas.....

We might get something else.....

Keep your fingers crossed...And keep me posted with info on this HUGE, MEGA event in Dance Music History....

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I just answered why he is widely accepted. It does not matter to me what genre he plays. He is shitty Dj and his taste in music certainly caters to the mainstream or close minded people like you are.

would you rather JP spin at the opening ceremony

how are you goin to call me close minded when ur the one stating idiotic remarks? My favorite djs range over 3 genres within dance, house, techno and trance. Tiesto happens to be my favorite yes, but carl cox, danny howells, and chris liebing are my top 4.

And this tiesto catering to the mainstream. Tell me 3 songs right now other then love comes again, that are mainstream. mainstream to me means its out to the vast majority of people a la louie devito cds filled with popular radio hits. I seriously want you to back up your opinions here. If you dont like him or trance, again cool, but dont pull this House is superior bullshit, accept the entire dance community as a whole and listen to what u want.

hahahhah dudes like this think if anyone but him know about a dude its cheese... pipe down retard