Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bush Ridicules Pro-war Anti-war Kerry

obby

Sen. John Kerry's latest and most spectacular flip-flop on Iraq hasn't escaped President Bush's notice.

"Almost 220 days after switching positions to declare himself the anti-war candidate, my opponent has found a new nuance," saying he "now agrees it was the right decision to go into Iraq," Bush told thousands of cheering supporters today in Pensacola, Fla.

"After months of questioning my motives and even my credibility, Senator Kerry now agrees with me that even though we have not found the stockpiles of weapons we all believe were there ... he would have voted to go into Iraq and remove Saddam Hussein from power," Bush noted, with former rival Sen. John McCain at his side.

"I want to thank Senator Kerry for clearing that up," the president said.

Introducing the president, McCain said that defeating terrorism "is the great test of our generation." He praised Bush for leading "with great moral clarity."

"He has not wavered. He has not flinched from the hard choices," the senator said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Key words: defeating terrorism "is the great test of our generation."

I agree with this 100%

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great spin!!......getting desperate

Deflecting your own self view onto others ..................... physchology 101 .

remember this ...a real man knows when to say "im sorry , i was wrong and i learned through experience" ...yet this president who so called has "devine inspiration-guidance" can't .

Kerry stands by 'yes' vote on Iraq war

Bush challenges Democrat on stance

Monday, August 9, 2004 Posted: 6:47 PM EDT (2247 GMT)

GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, Arizona (CNN) -- Democratic presidential nomiee John Kerry said Monday he would not have changed his vote to authorize the war against Iraq, but said he would have handled things "very differently" from President Bush.

Bush's campaign has challenged Kerry to give a yes-or-no answer about whether he stood by the October 2002 vote which gave Bush authority to use military force against Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

The question of going to war in Iraq has become a major issue on the campaign trail, especially in light of the fact that no weapons of mass destruction have been found there.

Intelligence reports that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction was a major rationale for going to war.

The U.S. senator from Massachusetts said the congressional resolution gave Bush "the right authority for the president to have."

But he told reporters on a campaign swing through Arizona, "I would have done this very differently from the way President Bush has." He challenged Bush to answer four questions.

"My question to President Bush is why did he rush to war without a plan to win the peace?" Kerry asked. "Why did he rush to war on faulty intelligence and not do the hard work necessary to give America the truth?

"Why did he mislead America about how he would go to war? Why has he not brought other countries to the table in order to support American troops in the way that we deserve it and relieve a pressure from the American people?

"There are four, not hypothetical questions like the president's, but real questions that matter to Americans," Kerry said. "And I hope you'll get the answers to those questions because the American people deserve them."

Bush's campaign has hammered Kerry over his vote to authorize military action and his vote a year later against $87 billion in funding for the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Kerry has said he voted against that measure because it would have financed the war with borrowed money. He voted for a defeated alternative that would have rolled back some of Bush's tax cuts to pay for the conflict.

The president told supporters Monday in Virginia that he still would have gone to war based on the evidence at hand at the time, and he challenged Kerry to say whether he would have cast the same vote.

More than 900 American troops have been killed in Iraq since the U.S.-led invasion in March 2003 that deposed Saddam. No WMD arsenal has been found, although a few aging gas shells have been located, and U.S. inspectors have said Iraq tried to conceal some weapons-related research from U.N. weapons inspectors.

Bush said Iraq had the ability to build weapons of mass destruction and had been deceiving weapons inspectors, who reported no sign of banned weapons in Iraq in the weeks before the invasion.

"Everybody thought they would be there. We haven't found them yet," Bush said. "But he did have the capability of making weapons. Knowing what I know today, I would have made the same decision."

Kerry has said that if elected, he would work to recruit more U.S. allies to assist in stabilizing Iraq, where nearly 140,000 U.S. troops are still fighting to provide security for the country's interim government.

Kerry said his goal would be to reduce the number of American troops in Iraq within six months of taking office, but he said he would put more troops into the country "if the commanders ask for it."

"Obviously, we have to see how events unfold," he said. "The measurement has to be, as I've said all along, the stability of Iraq, the ability to have the elections, and the training and transformation of the Iraqi security force itself."

But he said if he could persuade other countries to contribute troops, reducing the U.S. contingent would be an "appropriate" goal.

Deflecting your own self view onto others ..................... physchology 101 .

remember this ...a real man knows when to say "im sorry , i was wrong and i learned through experience" ...yet this president who so called has "devine inspiration-guidance" can't .

Now this is something to laugh about!

:laugh::laugh:

I agree, bush is as retarded as clinton was bad in his choice about women....

I agree, bush is as retarded as clinton was bad in his choice about women....

Now this is something to laugh about!

:laugh::laugh:

The big knock against Kerry is that he's a flip-flopper; because sometime between the ages of 18 and 60, he's changed his mind

"He went to Vietnam because as a young man, he thought that was the right thing to do. He saw what was going on in Vietnam, came back, threw his medals away, changed his mind. Is it wrong that a guy goes to the slaughterhouse and comes back a vegetarian? Isn't that what thinking people do?" – Bill Maher

"He went to Vietnam because as a young man, he thought that was the right thing to do. He saw what was going on in Vietnam, came back, threw his medals away

and that is why some Vets are angry with Kerry...i dont think they are mad b/c he protested against the war...but the manner that he did it...

I find them amusing too.

I e-mail most of their comments/replies to some of our troops (friends and family) over in Iraq and they too have laugh attacks.

Eureka !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the reason your so passionate about your Pro-War propoganda !!! ...you have Family serving there . :doh:

.. :)

America's greatest domestic problem is EDUCATION. He is living proof of this.

Again ....results to petty insults when confronted with a valid argument . Surpreses undesirable thoughts , physchology 101 once more .

Bro , you have family serving there , understandable you convince yourself that they are doing something worthwhile .

PS....don't talk about education buddy , cause Im more academically decorated than you and Culturally savy .

8th grade spelling bee champ...what...what?? :tongue:

lol.... na man , i got 2nd place for that .

On paper a major in Biology and a minor in History ........I try and see things through a Sceptical point of view (scientific method) and use logic and common sense when analyzing data .

Again ....results to petty insults when confronted with a valid argument . Surpreses undesirable thoughts , physchology 101 once more .

Bro , you have family serving there , understandable you convince yourself that they are doing something worthwhile .

PS....don't talk about education buddy , cause Im more academically decorated than you and Culturally savy .

I can see that. Your spelling proves that very well.

:lol3:

Your spelling proves that very well.

:clap:

I rush when i write to sheep like you and igloo , i always try not to waste more than 30 seconds ...hence spelling errors do occur .

i guess i need to hear more " intelligent sounds " .

lol.... na man , i got 2nd place for that .

On paper a major in Biology and a minor in History ........I try and see things through a Sceptical point of view (scientific method) and use logic and common sense when analyzing data .

My name is philippio, I'm an aerospace engineer, and I disapprove this message! :D

I rush when i write to sheep like you and igloo , i always try not to waste more than 30 seconds ...hence spelling errors do occur .

Right!!!!!

By our recent exchange of opinions, I find it hard to believe you to be so crass as to write that you use logic and common sense. Logic and common sense have eluded almost every argument you make. Your arguments are almost always rooted in emotion and conspiracy theory. You have a history of embracing the conspiracies while challenging the logical, common sense approach.

As for getting into a pissing contest as far as who has more certificates on their "I love me wall", that's completely irrelevant. Do you know my educational background? I now know yours, but do you know mine? That was a little elitist of you to assume what you did, don't you think? Besides, for someone who claims to be highly educated, I find it puzzling that you would make statements which completely defy logic and historical perspective. If I were you, I'd ask for a refund from whatever institution it is which claims they educated you.

perhaps you should be copying and pasting talking points like obby does.

no more spelling errors. :)

Right!!!!!

By our recent exchange of opinions, I find it hard to believe you to be so crass as to write that you use logic and common sense. Logic and common sense have eluded almost every argument you make. Your arguments are almost always rooted in emotion and conspiracy theory. You have a history of embracing the conspiracies while challenging the logical, common sense approach.

As for getting into a pissing contest as far as who has more certificates on their "I love me wall", that's completely irrelevant. Do you know my educational background? I now know yours, but do you know mine? That was a little elitist of you to assume what you did, don't you think? Besides, for someone who claims to be highly educated, I find it puzzling that you would make statements which completely defy logic and historical perspective. If I were you, I'd ask for a refund from whatever institution it is which claims they educated you.

Don't write essays ...........let take it slow .

What's your educational / cultural background ? if i may ask ......I learned today that you have famiuly serving in Iraq , so thats a start .