Clubplanet Nightlife Community

American League MVP so far??...

i'd say Gary Sheffield...just because he has hit some huge (meaningful) homeruns and has been the most consistent player on the Yanks...

ARod hits pointless solo homeruns that put the Yanks up 10-3 instead of 9-3 and although he plays solid 3rd and puts up great #'s i think he's not in contention...he has too many 0 for 4 days but hopefully he'll turn it up...

Vlad Guerrero is definetely a contender...sick #'s great arm but hasnt had the chance to prove himself clutch...

David Ortiz and Miguel Tejada are having quality years as well...who knows...

what do u all think??

If the Angels fall out of contention I don't think they would give it to Vlad. When A-Rod won last year he caught a lot of flack because he was on a last place team. I don't think they would have that happen again. However, if they make a run and he leads them to the division title or wildcard then he pretty much has it locked up. Sheff has been amazing playing in his condition. he's been clutch, and has played a very nice right field. He could've opted for surgery a long time ago but he's played through it. He has a lot more heart than I ever gave him credit for. Manny & Ortiz have been offensive machines, but I think they're a little too one demensional to get enough consideration. They would probably split the votes as well. Tejada has been great but I don't think he'll get much consideration...

Manny is dumb i dont think he knows what MVP stands for

that being said i think ORtiz exact numbers will cancel Manny out ...that and the fact Manny cant play any defense.

Vladimir def. has the numbers and could easily take the honors

obviously being a yank fan I d like to see sheff win it although same thing as ortiz if A-rod finishes up strong he will cancel out some sheff votes

But sheffield has been the mvp of the yanks so far...and would love to see him get the award

especially if this his last yr and he retires

Manny is certainly a candidate and I think even Mark Mulder would be a candidate as well. There is the Cy Young award but he has pitched like a stud this year. He has been the most valuable pitcher to any team in my mind. You are always gonna get 7 innings out of him and his pitchability is unlike any I have seen in a while.

whatever dood

you know full well if Manny were a Yankee, you'd be bobbing up and down on his knob like you do Jeter's

as an offensive player no doubt ...i think hes great ..the topic switched to whetherr he is a good defensive player...which he is not

and as codica refrred to me making fun of his lack of intelligence

which i guess your not allowed to do araound here...whuteva

that being said i have many times praised mannys offensive game, and unlike redsox fans dont always talk negative about the "other team"

so get off my knob

as an offensive player no doubt ...i think hes great ..the topic switched to whetherr he is a good defensive player...which he is not

and as codica refrred to me making fun of his lack of intelligence

which i guess your not allowed to do araound here...whuteva

that being said i have many times praised mannys offensive game, and unlike redsox fans dont always talk negative about the "other team"

so get off my knob

one thing I do realize through all your posts......originality waved bye bye to you long ago

one thing I do realize through all your posts......originality waved bye bye to you long ago

aite enough of this bullshit...anybody else have an opinion on who will win the AL MVP?? i think Manny could be a contender but if youre placing a strong emphasis on defense then it has to be...

1-SHEF

2-VLAD

3-A-ROD

manny isnt good in the field...im a diehard yankee fan and i hate the red sox...but i respect their better players

:laugh: oh man... i love this board :)

my pick would be Dave Ortiz, (i kno it seems biased him being a sox playa), but damn, he hasnt dissapointed,..well, except for his bat throwin tantrum. But ofcoz he wont win it coz he's more of an incognito red sox playa. At the same token, how in the hell does Torii Hunter get passed up...not even mentioned ?? guy has had an awsome streak of excellent performance !! but i guess since he plays in middle america, props will be in short supply.

Vlad deserves it... he was 'spossed to be a bust (as per the mets org.) but he's come up huge !! All the wasted talent years in montreal should count for something, give it to VLAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torri Hunter's production this year definately doesn't compare to all the other players that were mentioned previously for MVP. He is a good player and exciting to watch at times but no where near MVP consideration this year. From that division, I think Paul Konerko and Travis Hafner should get some votes.

:laugh: oh man... i love this board :)

my pick would be Dave Ortiz, (i kno it seems biased him being a sox playa), but damn, he hasnt dissapointed,..well, except for his bat throwin tantrum. But ofcoz he wont win it coz he's more of an incognito red sox playa. At the same token, how in the hell does Torii Hunter get passed up...not even mentioned ?? guy has had an awsome streak of excellent performance !! but i guess since he plays in middle america, props will be in short supply.

BY THE SAME TOKEN Torri hunter is not gettin any nods because hes batting .260 with like 12 homeruns and 50 rbi....good call.

so i guess Derek Jeter should be getting some votes as well based on those stats....good to see ya again MAx :clap::aright:

well I have watched 90% of the games this year and manny d-fence is alot better then it was last year.

he has 2 errors less then matsui, but less chances, and his fielding % is only .03 behind.i picked matsui because i think he is one of the best defensive left fielders in the game. On most teams I think he would be in center.

He is not the best fielder but he is 100 times better then last year. You would have to watch the games to see. Once a player gets the named a bad defence player it stays with him forever.

I would wait to see if he gets MVP, if he can carry us in the next couple of months then yes, if not i do not know. I guess scheff and his one shoulder.

And sammy sosa hit way more meaningless homeruns the arod.

well I have watched 90% of the games this year and manny d-fence is alot better then it was last year.

he has 2 errors less then matsui, but less chances, and his fielding % is only .03 behind.i picked matsui because i think he is one of the best defensive left fielders in the game. On most teams I think he would be in center.

He is not the best fielder but he is 100 times better then last year. You would have to watch the games to see. Once a player gets the named a bad defence player it stays with him forever.

I would wait to see if he gets MVP, if he can carry us in the next couple of months then yes, if not i do not know. I guess scheff and his one shoulder.

And sammy sosa hit way more meaningless homeruns the arod.

matsui is def. better than thought or advertised when he came over (defensively) still wouldnt put him up as one of the best defensive LF( no arm and gets lost on a lot of balls to the gap)

and i do watch alot of manny over the years, he has never been a solid defensive player .. he might be better that previous years, ill give ya that since i only see him 25-30 times a yr and you see 90% of the his games , but i cant see saying his defense is above average based on whayt i have seen,

and your right about reputation...Gee someone named JEter comes to mind , and hes having his best defensive season yet... some guys just get better defensively later on in yrs ..like Wade boggs, a butcher at 3rd in bOston ...and matures enough at the postion to wina gold glove with the Yanks at the end of his career

ugh they say it might be a a tear in sheffs shoulder ..not just bursitis

Manny's defense has gotten a lot better this year. He has made some surprising plays in the outfield. But what the hell is up that whole two handed pointing thing, him and Pedro have going on. It's so McGreevey.

Manny's defense has gotten a lot better this year. He has made some surprising plays in the outfield. But what the hell is up that whole two handed pointing thing, him and Pedro have going on. It's so McGreevey.

:D

Manny has been appointed supervisor of homeland defense of Passaic