Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AVB Crobar

that was not a vibe in crobar.....that was a show....that is part of the game.....Lets say an 'manufactured vibe'...i myself spin mainly trance and love much of the track selection by tiesto/armin... and believe me i'm not a big fan of Junior....i do enjoy Jonathon....but one thing these guys got over the the overseas crew(of course not all) is creating a vibe in the room....tiesto..armin...they all just slap on track after track....get a choppy feel to it all night...never any direction.....junior/jonathon they work that night to bring the place to a busting point.....peeps out there know what i'm talking about.....a vibe in my book is when its prolle about 6-8 am in the morning....the dance floor is crowded but plenty of room for u dance freely...its dark.....some occasional lights...and strobe bursts..there are no breaks in the music....nobody is socailizing...no one's try'n to pick up...there are just people bouncing on the floor....everyone one has been pulled into there head.....the mind is quiet...your movement is effortless.....u just hear a wooom wooom wooom wooom.......and u can actually see when someone come to that pinnacle point.......u don't see it all the time......when there just popping there cork....not just dancing good or showboating.......but gett'n to the point like there dancing as if no ones watching.........u get a bunch of people sync'd up like that at one time .....the whole night has been to bring it to that point......and just like your feeling at that moment so is the dj........nobody has to raise hands to acknowledge it.....u don't have to look and see if the dj is jump'n up and down and smiling.......u know he's right there with u..........the room is one ...one 'vibe'bration

wow... that post was really intense!!! one of the better posts i've ever read off clubplanet... i know what you're saying about the manufactured vibe... i think there's a vibe just because it's a big dj playing and everyone is so psyched to see their fav dj spin... it doesnt matter if they fuck up a mix or a record skips the vibe is still gonna be there.. with local dj's like junior they have to work to get that vibe going.. it's not automatic like it is with a big dj.. im a fan of dj's like pvd, tiesto and armin but with them they dont have to work to get that vibe going... there's already a vibe going before they get on the decks... there's nothing wrong with this, but i dont think they are really working the crowd or getting a feel for them.. they're just playing bangers...

guaranteed.... if pvd got a residency @ roxy or spirit etc. etc. that vibe that he brings when he comes to town would eventually disappear... i think a majority of the vibe for these bigger dj's is anticipation and excitement... if you see the same dj week in week out (junior and local dj's) that anticipation is going to reside eventually...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry u take it as high and mighty....don't mean to come off that way....and i am definately not judging anyone on here...so i apoligize to anyone who takes it that way.......

and i'm so sorry to see most of all soj offended so easily @ others opinions which everyone is entitled 2!

Nah, I aint offended. Just cutting down a few pegs of those who think they know it all. :rolleyes:

u don't by any chance have a track listing,for your "awakening" mix??? i only have like 40 minutes of your set, i'm curious to see what else u played in that set......do u still dj on metromix, i looked for more of your mixes and didn't find any?? r u playing at any clubs???

http://www.trance-mix.com/mixes/mix028.html

http://www.trance-mix.com/mixlist.html

that link has the tracklist as well as a link for the 192 download for awakening ...the second link has a list of whats available for mp3 download from the site with tracklists.....i stopped doing metromix a while back.....and haven't realloy been play'n out much.... :) peace!